Author Topic: Monti -- Wacky Wednesday  (Read 2818 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dinkadoo

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5640
Monti -- Wacky Wednesday
« on: April 03, 2024, 12:55:22 PM »
The only pick I like today

Race 7  #1 Sweet Cheddar. Stuck behind a very bad outerflow, without much urging closed some ground against a fast back half.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4753
Re: Monti -- Wacky Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 01:30:23 PM »
I know you're not going to believe this but!

They Cancelled the remaining card!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

seriously

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Monti -- Wacky Wednesday
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 01:45:33 PM »
But they had a "Strong First Week" many moons ago!

(I love those old magazines!)

https://imgur.com/ONi4sZj

https://imgur.com/nlLN044

dinkadoo

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5640
Re: Monti -- Wacky Wednesday
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 01:57:16 PM »
I know you're not going to believe this but!

They Cancelled the remaining card!
Saw the third race and really wasn't that bad time wise and it looked like trotter all stayed on gait.

But will say the camera and video was bouncing all over the place.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Monti -- Wacky Wednesday
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 02:34:55 PM »
But they had a "Strong First Week" many moons ago!

(I love those old magazines!)

https://imgur.com/ONi4sZj

https://imgur.com/nlLN044

When Monticello opened in 1959 they had trotting under saddle races. during the 60's they had many concerts in the infield packing as many as 30,000 patrons in that place. Now the crowd is less than 10.
I have a bunch of old programs like the ones you linked including some tracks that no longer exist.
Roosevelt Raceway
Liberty Bell
Lincoln Downs with an 18 year old Michel Lachance driving.
Payne raceway 1959 with both Popfinger brothers racing
and others.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Calhoun put up $80 bucks ngc3..one of my pick5's costs more then that ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:35:54 PM
  • JT: Well G thinks I'm Mike ngc3..Great minds and such ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:33:02 PM
  • JT: I got out and so did my family..in the early 2000's. To much cheating, to many drugs.
    September 29, 2026, 11:32:14 PM
  • darnoldrocks: My family and I.  Now you're starting sound like SCM.
    September 29, 2026, 11:25:12 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Back in the day doesn't count.  Calhoun is putting up his money right now.   How about you?
    September 29, 2026, 11:24:28 PM
  • JT: My family and I owned a lot of horses back in the day.. Facts..ask wiggles screenshots don't lie :P
    September 29, 2026, 11:19:55 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JT's horses + Tiggers horses = zero ownership
    September 29, 2026, 11:17:00 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Oh, I didn't know that.  DUH
    September 29, 2026, 11:15:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal