Author Topic: Ron Burke, "We have 1950 rules with 2023 testing. It just doesn’t work anymore."  (Read 3251 times)

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
He ain’t wrong.

The Ohio meth positives are getting ridiculous. I’ve heard there’s more that haven’t come out, over 30 of them. Seems unlikely that that many guys think they can get Meth through the box.

Ramnap

• NW-1
What a BS article. The reason the testing is so stringent is because assholes like burke are stealing purses from other trainers and owners by manipulating the horses body chemistry. When strange shit shows up in blood and urine naturally you are now going to get questioned. You can't win almost half the races you enter every year with grooms and second trainers that barely know how to put the equipment on without some sort of advantage. He brought it on himself, how long can he take all the money and think nobody's looking. I know people that have worked for him and I know one person who pulled an empty vial he tossed.

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
He is like Trump he should be able to do any thing laws and rules aren't meant for him.

ROOSTER COGBURN

• Open / FFA
  • A ROOSTER by any other name is just A COCK.
The Meth Positives are getting ridiculous? Clearly this is not from mere contact by a groom or meth user. The Meth is a source substance being used to mask something more nefarious, or its being used in higher concentrations and the wear down after racing is trace amounts. Either way, unless Ronnie is holding job fairs to hire grooms from the Kensington neighborhood in Philadelphia.  I would say the Meth is a trace residue from something "new" being used.
Waiting for XYZ's grandiose return to his adoring fans. Its what the people want...

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
I have been racing horses for 50 years. Our horses drink water both where we train and also at every track we race at. They are also bedded on straw and eat hay and oats and breath air. Funny how we have never had 1 positive in all these years....wonder why???

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
These aren't 1950 rules, if it was back in the 50's 60' 70's, if ya got days ya took them, there were no 6 or 7 month reprieves. It is totally different now just string it out and take a Jan vacation. I got a bute positive in the 1970's, I was notified on Sat night, ALL 6 horses were scratched, hearing on Tuesday. We figured out what happened, groom fed wrong horse. I happens. Still trainers responsibility, 10 days down to 7. ALL horses in to go scratched. Sure I'm not the only one, lol  Should it really take long now, I understand the legal system, but really.

Brown jug

• Elite
this thread  and topic just confirm the issues
 some people think burke is a cheat and gets caught based on that
 others say the testing for microscopic amounts of a allowed substance is way over the top

the industry needs to find a way to come up with an accepted process
what are the performance enhancing's drugs and how to test for them and at what levels
to disjointed and confusing the way it is  right now

In It Deep

• NW-1
The Trainer is the captain of the ship. Not the grooms. If the Captain doesn't keep his crew in order, then he goes down with the ship. (period)!
Just a guy that spends too much time on the ponies.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
Trainers never complain until they get caught and it starts to affect their pockets.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:04:56 PM by Open bridle »

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
How are the recent suspensions hurting Ron’s pocket?  The show goes on. Mommy still writing him a check every week. He is living it up in Florida with Jen and Brian. Joey probably pops in from time to time to tag in

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
The Meth Positives are getting ridiculous? Clearly this is not from mere contact by a groom or meth user. The Meth is a source substance being used to mask something more nefarious, or its being used in higher concentrations and the wear down after racing is trace amounts. Either way, unless Ronnie is holding job fairs to hire grooms from the Kensington neighborhood in Philadelphia.  I would say the Meth is a trace residue from something "new" being used.

Methamphetamines, a class 1 drug that is pretty easy to detect is being used to mask something more nefarious? So if I’m on a ton of drugs I just gotta take a speed ball and I’ll pass a drug test? That’s the logic you’re going with?

there’s almost no overlap between a lot of the barns that have been getting the positives beyond they race and are stabled in Ohio. Also it’d be pretty easy for whoever is making this new pre race to realize that they are causing positives. Also if it’s metabolizing as methamphetamine then the source is probably highly regulated.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Let’s break this down from a chemistry standpoint. First off these therapeutic drugs/ medications absolutely help sore, lame , any breathing,
Issues, arthritic & Tye up horses. They most benefit is to get them on board for as long as possible and then off load them while still getting the benefit of the medication. Where trainers get this pic, nano or trigram positive is from pushing the cut off window. Let’s use Akes positive at Delaware, now according to Gural , it’s just to sensitive of a test. Which is grossly inaccurate. Here’s how you get these minute  positives. Ake went closer then 72 hrs with Dexamethozone, cut off is 72 hrs, so had he stopped at 72 hours there would have been zero detection, but he as they say pushed the envelope to 68  -  60 hrs. That’s why the low detection level. But Gural and Burke will have you believe this non performance enhancing, which again is just not true. Anytime you can alleviate any of the conditions these therapeutic drugs treat it’s going to improve a horse or human athlete’s performance. Now it’s not going to make a horse who’s bottom is 52 on a mile track that consistently paces home 27 n change all is sudden go in 50 home in 26 n change. Cause that horse without the therapeutic medication at all is most like hanging at 53 home in 28 n change. When the envelope is pushed and cut off window is pushed to exp Dex to 66 hrs then you get these low pic or nano gram positive.
As far as trying to blame tap water, no dice cause human athletes would be falling these test all over the country . There’s a little agency with 4 big letters that has the most thorough testing in the world, it’s named WADA.
Last point, ever single race commission has a caveat to beat any positive, if the trainer can show that the horse was guarded securely before said horse entered the paddock then said trainer is not responsible.
Guy who makes 20 million a year in purses should be able to drug test all his employees weekly, cause most horse race once a week, two he should be able to have all of his horses under 24 hr surveillance. Camera s in the barns, in the trailer s everywhere. Small ask to protect his 20 million dollar empire. But last time I heard Burke doesn’t even have Workmen’s Comps in NY.
Why leave it up to anyone but yourself

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
All these motherfucking cheaters with their excuses. The best one was the glaucine positives...Oh, it was contamination positives from wood shavings. LOL!! Did any of these cocksuckers stop using shavings? Of course not. I knew the guy who was processing and delivering shavings to the farms where the trainers came up positive and I said to him, "I guess you will be losing some business because of the glaucine in the wood shavings", and he laughed for 5 minutes and said "business as usual".

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
Let’s break this down from a chemistry standpoint. First off these therapeutic drugs/ medications absolutely help sore, lame , any breathing,
Issues, arthritic & Tye up horses. They most benefit is to get them on board for as long as possible and then off load them while still getting the benefit of the medication. Where trainers get this pic, nano or trigram positive is from pushing the cut off window. Let’s use Akes positive at Delaware, now according to Gural , it’s just to sensitive of a test. Which is grossly inaccurate. Here’s how you get these minute  positives. Ake went closer then 72 hrs with Dexamethozone, cut off is 72 hrs, so had he stopped at 72 hours there would have been zero detection, but he as they say pushed the envelope to 68  -  60 hrs. That’s why the low detection level. But Gural and Burke will have you believe this non performance enhancing, which again is just not true. Anytime you can alleviate any of the conditions these therapeutic drugs treat it’s going to improve a horse or human athlete’s performance. Now it’s not going to make a horse who’s bottom is 52 on a mile track that consistently paces home 27 n change all is sudden go in 50 home in 26 n change. Cause that horse without the therapeutic medication at all is most like hanging at 53 home in 28 n change. When the envelope is pushed and cut off window is pushed to exp Dex to 66 hrs then you get these low pic or nano gram positive.
As far as trying to blame tap water, no dice cause human athletes would be falling these test all over the country . There’s a little agency with 4 big letters that has the most thorough testing in the world, it’s named WADA.
Last point, ever single race commission has a caveat to beat any positive, if the trainer can show that the horse was guarded securely before said horse entered the paddock then said trainer is not responsible.
Guy who makes 20 million a year in purses should be able to drug test all his employees weekly, cause most horse race once a week, two he should be able to have all of his horses under 24 hr surveillance. Camera s in the barns, in the trailer s everywhere. Small ask to protect his 20 million dollar empire. But last time I heard Burke doesn’t even have Workmen’s Comps in NY.
Why leave it up to anyone but yourself

Competing against these gural owned/Ake trained trotters is tough. The deck is so far stacked against you from the beginning

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal