Author Topic: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan  (Read 3328 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1063
The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« on: February 22, 2024, 11:42:07 AM »
At 83 still driving a winner at Northfield in 2024.
Makes Biden and Trumpy look like kids.
God bless him.
Keep it up!
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

NOTHING BUT TRUTHS

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1391
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 11:46:18 AM »
DIRTY DON MC KIRGAN, TROTTING MASTER

Ramnap

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 148
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:53:56 AM »
DIRTY DON MC KIRGAN, TROTTING MASTER

Ohh the world of knowledge he must have.

HarnessFan1981

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 370
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:59:19 AM »
pretty good for a 83 year old

Mc Kirgan Don 10.0 10 1 2 1 .244 8,651

EPM

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5537
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 12:02:25 PM »
Wtg Popeye  tmbz1

NOTHING BUT TRUTHS

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1391
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 12:22:21 PM »
when you say list the honest trainers he is one that would make the list

SwankToliverA

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 12:31:04 PM »
when you say list the honest trainers he is one that would make the list
Not surprised, I've always heard good things about Don.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 12:44:46 PM »
The man has always been a master of trotters. I hope I'm able to still get one around the track at 83. If there are any tracks left

bumby

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 97
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 07:22:05 PM »
Saw him at the Lake County Fair this summer. Hope he keeps going!  tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Mailbox Money

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1231
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 07:40:46 PM »
I paddocked a horse he drove when I was 17yrs old. I'm 60 and my body is a walking  wreck for the time spent in the game! He deserves a special send off when he decides that he is done!! I had not seen him in 40yrs and he still knew my name  without hesitation. I pray that when his time on earth is done,he goes in his sleep so he won't have to be told he is no longer safe! I hope to be able to chime in again on his 95th birthday!

Oliver Clozoff

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 322
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 09:17:56 PM »
Screwed me out of an exacta the other day when he got up for 2nd.  Old fart :)

MOHAWK FREAK

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
Re: The ageless wonder Donny Mc Kirgan
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 11:21:36 AM »
I’ve seen this before. He should really think about retiring from driving and even celebrate it before something bad happens. If someone innocent gets hurt they will blame his age and ruin his legacy. He needs to go out on top. 

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Next weeks game between KC and the raiders is going to be big!
    Today at 12:03:27 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Denver must if brought in Kansas City refs! Terrible calls against them late.
    September 27, 2026, 11:59:26 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Agree
    September 27, 2026, 11:45:03 PM
  • dougie: I think the refs bet Denver. horrible calls.
    September 27, 2026, 11:41:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Rams
    September 27, 2026, 11:39:16 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Ransom getting fuk by bad calls late 4th
    September 27, 2026, 11:39:07 PM
  • dougie: A peice of this a piece of that.....LOL!
    September 27, 2026, 11:24:41 PM
  • rainman2: right now the movie of choice is groundhog day
    September 27, 2026, 11:23:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal