Author Topic: Yannick Gingras  (Read 5273 times)

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
Re: Yannick Gingras
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2024, 06:40:03 PM »
And the answer is—-Actually more involved on an owners side of the business rather than a gamblers side.

All well and good. Public gamblers have a vastly different view on the subject than you/owners. A good comparison would be irad Ortiz over on the thoroughbred side

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2024, 06:48:32 PM »
All well and good. Public gamblers have a vastly different view on the subject than you/owners. A good comparison would be irad Ortiz over on the thoroughbred side

Even owners watch who is bet in the races you are in. Some owners also watch and observe races they are not in to see how the public bets. There is also a a big difference in a 300k pool at the meadowlands with Gingras compared to the total pools you are betting into with Ortiz on the thoroughbred side.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2024, 07:20:23 PM »
Even owners watch who is bet in the races you are in. Some owners also watch and observe races they are not in to see how the public bets. There is also a a big difference in a 300k pool at the meadowlands with Gingras compared to the total pools you are betting into with Ortiz on the thoroughbred side.

The comparison was about how people tend to hate/criticize irad despite success. One thing for certain, Yannick is not going to start driving like Steve Smith to appease this critics. That would cost him tons of cash.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2024, 07:44:44 PM »
Many years ago i loved betting first time Gringras. He tried on everything & put them in play.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2024, 09:35:19 AM »
How and why he "got the job" as first call for Burke doesn't matter. He got it. Minimizing why and how just supports some hypothetical argument that he'd fall of the face of the earth without Burke. So you are now looking at him hypothetically without Burke. If you know what you are looking at, and it's obvious many here don't, try and look at the categories you would rate a driver in. Driver tools, skills, race-driving, strategy, racetrack IQ, etc. Personally, I don't think he rates top 5 in any categories except for making speed, getting a horse really on the bit, etc. He's an excellent gun and run driver. Everybody things that's easy, but it's not. Horses aren't push-button and they don't stop and start. So, all that said, do I think he's a great driver? I don't throw the word great around, so for me personally, all things considered, no, I don't think he's a great driver. Is he a great driver for a certain kind of horse? Absolutely.

Now, if he lost Burke, is he a top 10 driver at the Big M? Without question. Top 5? Initially, yes. Yes, in 2023 with Burke, he still won more races at the Meadowlands than any other driver. He was also # 1 in earnings. Yes, he did that with Burke. We all get that. But, he also won 20% of his races at the Meadowlands. 20%! You don't do that by accident. You aren't a bad driver and win at a 20% clip at throughout an entire Meadowlands meet, Burke or no Burke. You still have to take the lines and drive. Without Burke he is not waking up and becoming a moron who can't drive at all. His driving style will be attractive to plenty of trainers and owners, initially. People will see he's available, will want him, and he would get plenty of business that would put him in the top 5 initially. Now, does he last in the top 5? Long term? No, I don't think so, but it's close. He has longevity. He may grind it out. Hard to say. But, I think, over time, he loses most of the support, his business slows down, and he slowly drops down to mediocrity. Generically, kind of like what happened to Bill Fahy, although there were other factors there. You may be able to find 5 guys who you think are better drivers all-around but they have the longevity and track record Gingras has and that will factor in initially. He's got some excellent stats, achievements, track record, etc., but I do think his accomplishments have overshadowed his skills.

Under The STick

• Top Claimer
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2024, 12:32:32 PM »
The top guys like to have some down time & spend time with their families. They make enough money to do so!!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2024, 12:54:55 PM »
Agreed.  Miller was spent weeks in Florida last year.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Hey Thorn put your money where your mouth is,and post an actual bet
    Today at 06:38:49 PM
  • The Thorn: The guy who doesn't make mind bets thinks he's a legend here. But it's all in his mind  ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 12:19:03 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: A dolla makes Jerry Holla
    Today at 10:25:26 AM
  • Unclejerry: HP's #1 Handcapper will be back with Mohawk Trifecta's Saturday 27
    April 26, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Indian24 don't have a dime to place a bet, his Mother gave him a computer
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:26 PM
  • Indian24: 5 horse box in a 7 horse field wtg
    April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Indian24: I'll make a bet that your a egotistical asshole
    April 26, 2024, 10:14:17 PM
  • Indian24: Already made my mind bets like you have
    April 26, 2024, 10:13:40 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal