Author Topic: Should they take away the whip?  (Read 9973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2797
Re: Should they take away the whip?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2023, 08:57:12 PM »
I believe a book on the Haughton’s tells the story why this occurred!!  I believe Peter Haughton drive her once and used the whip. She deeply resented this and came to a ‘dead stop’ on the track during an actual race. Peter told his dad about this and dad said don’t do it again.
Thanks for info. She was a gorilla. tmbz1

Generation XYZ

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3573
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Should they take away the whip?
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2023, 10:38:45 PM »
Personally I like a good whip now and again. My dominatrix really knows how to tune me up.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 779
Re: Should they take away the whip?
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2023, 10:51:43 PM »
I do think drivers should carry a whip. They are useful. More as a stronger steering mechanism, and quick reminder that it's time to go.

Any decent racehorse does not need a whip to know wtf to do. The incompetent gambler thinks if someone isn't slashing a horse, the driver isn't trying. Anyone who has ever been around a horse knows that there are some good horses that are a hair lazy, but most good horses will give you all they have with minimal urging. And the other good horse who need a bit of urging need exactly that - a *bit* of urging. No racehorses are noticeably improved for any length of time by excessive whipping.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: The language from Mike.  Terrible to read
    Today at 10:36:23 AM
  • wiggles44: So if Trigger was Sweet, and Ignorance Is Bliss is Sweet, then Mike Petrelli is Sweet.     The EAA won’t like these screenshots Mike.    :)
    Today at 10:31:46 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike Petrelli been exposed as Sweet?  Screenshots don’t lie :)
    Today at 10:30:20 AM
  • darnoldrocks: But I will still accept an online apology on PLOP.
    Today at 10:29:06 AM
  • darnoldrocks: I wouldn't give you my number if it was the last thing I do.  I have no interest in talking to a complete douche like you.
    Today at 10:25:29 AM
  • Sweet: I'll give you an ngc3 "apology"  ngc3 in person, by phone, how's that you up for it or still coward  ngc3
    Today at 10:23:02 AM
  • darnoldrocks: A simple apology would do.
    Today at 10:19:44 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike finally been exposed?   Screenshots dont lie.    :)
    Today at 10:14:37 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal