Author Topic: The Silvermans  (Read 6086 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: The Silvermans
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2023, 12:38:40 AM »
I seem to faintly remember that Ritchie dinged up his dad's new Porsche in the early 80's in Pompano one winter.I think he was relegated to cleaning some stalls for punishment.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 12:41:27 AM »
Smashing Don game horse. Also Brett’s Majesty and the infamous Goose Filter
Ya ha goosexfilter snapped line in the Langley. He was a beautiful son of Strike Out yet somehow was Illinois bred  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2023, 01:19:14 AM »
John Gerabino
John Cerabino was a very good person and stand up guy. I certainly bought a lot of stuff outta that station wagon. i know he used to get info from Zeke. John could send it in pretty good in his day and when he looked a winner deepstretch, you could hear him all over the dining room screaming, "FOR THE BEAN!" God rest his good soul.

heyref

• Open / FFA
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2023, 08:51:40 AM »
Richie lives in Wellington and is selling cars

Jerry lives in Hollywood, FL

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2023, 09:51:08 AM »
John Gerabino
thank you I was trying to remember his last name! What a character he was !

Sam R

• Elite
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2023, 11:02:16 AM »
Bino was one of the all time greats. He sold everything out of that old station wagon. He kept his accounts in his head. Half of the backstretch at every track in the northeast had running accounts with him. His main man from way back was Rick Plano at Pocono and in Delaware. He also had an interest in a funeral home in New Jersey I think. He would be at Monticello in the morning show up at Yonkers in the afternoon and be seen leaving Meadowlands at night. I really miss that guy.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2023, 11:18:05 AM »
Bino was one of the all time greats. He sold everything out of that old station wagon. He kept his accounts in his head. Half of the backstretch at every track in the northeast had running accounts with him. His main man from way back was Rick Plano at Pocono and in Delaware. He also had an interest in a funeral home in New Jersey I think. He would be at Monticello in the morning show up at Yonkers in the afternoon and be seen leaving Meadowlands at night. I really miss that guy.
I Think he also had a used car lot in Long Island.  He was definitely a character.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2023, 12:02:56 PM »
You mentioned Rick Plano in your reply. I last saw him at Pompano before it closed forever. The man could barely walk yet he is still training and driving. I think he is 72 years old racing against the much younger group of drivers at Harrah’s Hoosier. I don’t know Plano personally but what makes him want to keep driving in his condition and with some decent, younger catch drivers available to him?

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2023, 12:42:47 PM »
You mentioned Rick Plano in your reply. I last saw him at Pompano before it closed forever. The man could barely walk yet he is still training and driving. I think he is 72 years old racing against the much younger group of drivers at Harrah’s Hoosier. I don’t know Plano personally but what makes him want to keep driving in his condition and with some decent, younger catch drivers available to him?
The double digit mutuals that keep reoccurring when he wins alot of the time. There is no feel like your own feel, when you want to know if your horse is good or not! The same thing applies for soundness issues! 🤑🤑

Sam R

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2023, 03:39:16 PM »
Plano's son Luke is a pretty good driver if he needed help. Rick has been at this for more than 50 years. I don't think that he knows anything else. He was winning races at Harrington and Pocono racing for $800 or $1000.

heyref

• Open / FFA
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2023, 04:34:12 PM »
Rick had hip replacement surgery and now walks fine

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2023, 05:57:30 PM »
Rick had hip replacement surgery and now walks fine

I've had both hips replaced and I walk semi-fine.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2023, 08:28:47 PM »
Rick wanted his son to join him, but he married a valley girl, and she wants him in California. You know the three greatest forces in the world are wind water and women and women on top of the first two.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2023, 09:07:53 PM »
Rick wanted his son to join him, but he married a valley girl, and she wants him in California. You know the three greatest forces in the world are wind water and women and women on top of the first two.
Not much of a choice as to where to live. The LA valley area or Anderson, Indiana.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2023, 09:07:19 AM »
Weather

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    Today at 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal