Author Topic: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT  (Read 6708 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« on: October 21, 2023, 05:36:55 AM »
Handle only a little more than 2 million even with the  4 of the popular amateur races and some 11 horse fields too.  They lose money at 2 million Are changes in the works?

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 09:42:35 AM »
Any theories why it was down?

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 10:32:59 AM »
Look at the drivers, b track.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 10:45:22 AM »
I get that partfor sure. When I see Mike Cushing and Mike Merton et al at THE MEADOWLANDS, I chuckle.

theokodjak26

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1162
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 10:52:14 AM »
Mike Merton has been a solid performer at MR and Tioga for a number of years. But does anyone know how good a horseman he really is and how does stack up against the best of the B-track drivers?

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 11:01:00 AM »
Any theories why it was down?
Too many Baby races with second stringers, bad drivers, some competition from Hoosier, bad undercard, general indifference.  The list goes on.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 11:18:45 AM »
I get that partfor sure. When I see Mike Cushing and Mike Merton et al at THE MEADOWLANDS, I chuckle.
I actually meant to say Greg, not Mike.  I was just saying not marquis names at the Meadowlands amny, many nights. Not mocking the kid. I like Mike the best of all the boys. In fact, last time i claimed a horse at Monti, he drove it the night I claimed it. Someone else had driven the horse 3 previous starts and sent him down the road and the horse stopped each time. I did something I had never did before. I asked Mike if he could maybe take it easy with the horse and give him a break. I made sure he understood I would NEVER ask him to not do as best as he could for the current connections. He said no problem and took back, was in tight, squeezed thru a hole and just missed. Worked well for everybody

SAW

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2237
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 11:54:04 AM »
Handle only a little more than 2 million even with the  4 of the popular amateur races and some 11 horse fields too.  They lose money at 2 million Are changes in the works?

No changes needed........ This is nothing new....... It's the same every year after their summer/fall break, for some of the reasons listed in the above posts.



Unclejerry

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 776
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 11:57:52 AM »
To many other better racing elsewhere, (Mohawk, Hoosier, Dayton, Northfield) just to name a few.
The Senator is with you like it or not.....

PucksnHorses

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 717
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 12:31:51 PM »
It is the first card back after a layoff. Any bettor worth a grain of salt is not going to bet big on the first card especially with B drivers and amateur drivers. Hoosier also had BC elims with all the big guns there, so this was expected.

HornbyDuke

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2437
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 12:35:50 PM »
Tough weather.

pocketrocketwinner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1431
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »
The new Pick 8 had a pool of $2022.15

HornbyDuke

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2437
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 01:37:14 PM »
Looks easy

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2023, 09:14:22 PM »
Is Dave Little still praising himself his $5 double

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: WHAT NOW AT THE MEADOWLANDS AFTER OPENING NIGHT
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2023, 09:19:13 PM »
 73cv.2

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: You da man bello ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:47:47 PM
  • dougie: Nice job BELLO!!!!!
    October 04, 2026, 09:31:49 PM
  • Trigger: You and genius are now a page 3 story, Bello SWEPT THE FIRST 8 Races at Northfield  62za.clp 62za.clp 86z.st 62za.clp 62za.clp
    October 04, 2026, 09:29:39 PM
  • andrew: and here it comes  ngc3
    October 04, 2026, 09:24:41 PM
  • Trigger: I'll take either stance, pro-Trump, anti-Trump, no matter  ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:16:39 PM
  • Trigger: If you wanna manager Andrew, not sure if Rainman2 will let me manage him, seems unmanageable  ngc3 a little political rivalry, show you Trumpees a hair loss and aging trick  ngc3
    October 04, 2026, 09:12:59 PM
  • JT: Then yeah that WILL happen ngc3
    October 04, 2026, 09:11:57 PM
  • JT: First he will respond to all of Andrew'
    October 04, 2026, 09:11:22 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal