Author Topic: Claiming  (Read 2149 times)

Venting

• NW-1
Claiming
« on: September 12, 2023, 09:29:24 PM »
Is it ok if the assistant race secretary puts claims in for certain trainers ? Meaning they ( Trainer ) call him up on the phone and he fills out the claims form for them and then signs their name FACT . Seems very unethical or possibly illegal. Maybe someone knows if this is legal or not .

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Claiming
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 09:31:03 PM »
Is it ok if the assistant race secretary puts claims in for certain trainers ? Meaning they ( Trainer ) call him up on the phone and he fills out the claims form for them and then signs their name FACT . Seems very unethical or possibly illegal. Maybe someone knows if this is legal or not .
Legal? I don't know, but seems highly irregular. i have never heard of anything like that..

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »
When you read the rules of each state it must be signed by the trainer or claimant. Not any one on they're behalf.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 09:39:15 PM »
When you read the rules of each state it must be signed by the trainer or claimant. Not any one on they're behalf.
Exactly.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 09:54:48 PM »

Name names or STFU!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 10:09:42 PM »
And usually a certified check must accompany the claiming firm.   

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 10:44:10 PM »
Or cash...

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 07:36:21 PM »

or wire to bookkeeper ngc3
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 06:22:41 AM »
  If RS does that I can imagine if there where multiple cliams by smaller stables or people he doesn’t like don’t have a very good chance of getting many claims

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023, 11:48:45 AM »
Legal? I don't know, but seems highly irregular. i have never heard of anything like that..

These sort of good, old buddy boy shenanigans are unacceptable.  Maybe OK in the 50's ... BUT, it's essential that all practices are on course to promote integrity.  It's necessary that the sport advances honesty to sustain.   

Fire any management that is working w/ their own rules

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 12:13:22 PM »
I think that is B.S. ! There should be zero activity between a race office and the operations of a  private entrepreneur. If a particular race office employee is available to enter claims,then it should also be provided to anyone else who may need it! I think this type of activity is classified as collusion!

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2023, 03:06:12 PM »
claiming without funds provided ?

Is this a recent new thing --- Last one I claimed -- albeit a decade ago, I had to have Cash ( or cashiers check )

Venting

• NW-1
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2023, 04:27:29 PM »
No . The cashier checks are just left in the race office if you didn’t get previous claim or you can drop off checks and leave them there . But some trainers are allowed to just call up and say put this claim in for me ! Horrible. This place needs to be investigated big time . I’m just a small owner that goes to the paddock a couple of times a week and what hear and see is appalling. That’s why I’m posting this and they know who they are .

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 06:20:08 PM »
No . The cashier checks are just left in the race office if you didn’t get previous claim or you can drop off checks and leave them there . But some trainers are allowed to just call up and say put this claim in for me ! Horrible. This place needs to be investigated big time . I’m just a small owner that goes to the paddock a couple of times a week and what hear and see is appalling. That’s why I’m posting this and they know who they are .

Well you made the unfounded claim........ Why dont you back up your "FACTS" and tell us who they are?????? And what track???????

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 06:22:42 PM »
Exactly! Name names ii they know who they are!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal