Author Topic: International Trot Day at Yonkers  (Read 2513 times)

The Exporter

• Elite
Re: International Trot Day at Yonkers
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2023, 08:47:48 AM »
Can it be separated and measured from slot attendees? I dont know how it works there now.

At RR in the glory days it was a 3 week event spanning the arrival of the foreign horses, the Int Trot and then the grueling Challenge Cup

TV crews at the airport, nightly news updates, back pages of the News and Post and a great vibe on the backstretch. Seeing these enormous big boned equine athletes was such a treat. Race day was buzzing. The grandstand would surge and at the top of the stretch with Jack Lee screaming, a roar would build from the crowd pressed to the rail shaking their fists in the air and jumping up and down, some happy, others not!

Always thought it was funny to see the horses post parade with little flags of their home country attached to the top of their bridles,

It was a circled event and we never missed it..

Un De Mai, The Onyon, Bobbo, Kash Minbar, Ideal Du Gazeau, Jorky and many more

What days!
Yes , Fuguzzi a couple week long calibration indeed. The parade down Post Ave., daily TV appearances with horse and connections of that country.  I loved when they would turn out all the lights on track for the post parade. Then a huge spotlight on the horse with Jack doing the bio. A real professional show. Always made the hair on my arms stand up. Let's not forget the international and quarentine barns. No stopping the trailer at the local Hess station and filling up the truck and horse before shipping in.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: International Trot Day at Yonkers
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2023, 09:53:59 AM »
Absolutely, my friedn Forgot to mention quarantine barn. Great recall, ty!  No,  LOLOLOL, no tube at the gas station.....

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal