Author Topic: RUNNING ACES r8 tonight cancelled because...AND IN THE 10TH  (Read 1568 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
interesting one out of Minny tonight
2 stories..

race 8 warm up
#2 and #6 scratch out after warm up accident,,,#2 roland ok but #6 threw Brady Jenson. finally captured by outrider. Jenson 'precautionary' via ambulance to hospital.
DELAY dragged on waiting for a second ambulance. Finally arrived BUT NOT BEFORE ANNOUNCER SAID RACE 8 CANCELLED DUE TO 'LASIX TIME RAN OUT' (7 left in that race were on lasix program)..so not wanting to mess up later lasix horses, race cancelled and they moved into the 9th...about 50 mins after the 7th ran.

first time id seen lasix sked cancel event,,but i get it.

Hope Jenson ok.

AND AND AND

under a Running Aces full moon, Minnesota native Lemoyne Moonie Svendsen and his 4000th win!!!!!!!!
wire to wire with Dance Traveller
@ 11.44 et sunday night...anybody out there??

emotional packed winners circle ..dedicates to father
congrats!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 11:49:42 PM by Jctoronto »

gogasgoboom

• Top Claimer
Re: RUNNING ACES r8 tonight cancelled because...AND IN THE 10TH
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 09:28:01 AM »
Happened a couple of weeks ago at Hoosier when a storm went through knocking out the power. An hour or so later power was restored but due to horses missing their Lasix window the rest of the card was canceled.

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 03:08:51 PM »
2 stories..

race 8 warm up
#2 and #6 scratch out after warm up accident,,
[/quote/

Excuse me I am sometimes a jerk.
I think you mean an accident in the post parade or scoring down before the race.
To an old "Circle Jerk" like me you warm up an hour or so before the race. You post parade and score down just before the race.
A "Circle Jerk" is a trainer that goes around in circles all morning sitting on a jog cart. Sometimes FAST/Sometimes Half Fast.

A little warmup crash story.
Atlantic City Race Course  Early 70's
I am warming up a two year old filly. Guy called "Par Four"(Don't know how he got that handle) turns right in front of me with his filly, and we Tbone. I call him a stupid SOB. He calls me a stupid SOB. No harm and both fillies went on to race that night. By the end of the night Par Four and I were laughing about it. We went on to become real good friends.

Couple weeks later Par asked me if he could use my locker in the drivers room. Lockers were at a premium.
I wasn't racing that night so I said sure.
Told Par I would tell Bill the attendent that it would be ok.
Then I told Bill "Don't let this Par Four guy use my locker. He is one bad ass".
Then I tell Par "It's all set Bill is expecting you  to use my locker".
Race night comes and Par and Bill got into a shouting and shoving match. Me I ended up having to go see the judges. They gave me hell but thought it was funny as hell.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 04:04:20 PM »
2 stories..

race 8 warm up
#2 and #6 scratch out after warm up accident,,
[/quote/

ngc3I knew Bill and Par(Jim Marcus) I kind of like Bill in that match.

Excuse me I am sometimes a jerk.
I think you mean an accident in the post parade or scoring down before the race.
To an old "Circle Jerk" like me you warm up an hour or so before the race. You post parade and score down just before the race.
A "Circle Jerk" is a trainer that goes around in circles all morning sitting on a jog cart. Sometimes FAST/Sometimes Half Fast.

A little warmup crash story.
Atlantic City Race Course  Early 70's
I am warming up a two year old filly. Guy called "Par Four"(Don't know how he got that handle) turns right in front of me with his filly, and we Tbone. I call him a stupid SOB. He calls me a stupid SOB. No harm and both fillies went on to race that night. By the end of the night Par Four and I were laughing about it. We went on to become real good friends.

Couple weeks later Par asked me if he could use my locker in the drivers room. Lockers were at a premium.
I wasn't racing that night so I said sure.
Told Par I would tell Bill the attendent that it would be ok.
Then I told Bill "Don't let this Par Four guy use my locker. He is one bad ass".
Then I tell Par "It's all set Bill is expecting you  to use my locker".
Race night comes and Par and Bill got into a shouting and shoving match. Me I ended up having to go see the judges. They gave me hell but thought it was funny as hell.

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks "Old Guy"!
I wasn't 100% sure of the names.
Par was a lot of fun.
I think he would be in his late 80's now.
We shared a motel room at Pocono for a couple weeks.
I come back from racing one night. Par had been in an earlier race. He is in his underwear jumping up and down on the bed asking. "How did I look How did I look"?
One of those sights you just can't unsee.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:02:08 PM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal