Author Topic: Dexter Dunn  (Read 11856 times)

remington

• Open / FFA
Re: Dexter Dunn
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2023, 11:19:59 AM »
There have been many great drivers. Some had more talent than others. Dunn just seems to be more natural, confident by the way he sits in the bike. I don't think he is any better than the rest of the drivers mentioned and not mentioned but he is at the top of his game, and he gets a lot of the best horses to drive.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2023, 12:28:32 PM »
   In all the conversation, let us not forget the only horse to ever win "Horse of the Year" three times whilst being driven by a human anchor, Frank Ervin. That horse was Bret Hanover. How do we compare Bret with Bulldog or Allywag. Every Dog has it's day. In my time, Billy Haughton was considered one of the greats, however, owners lined up to give him blue chip horses, Grand Circuit and overnighters. Was he better than "The Redman", and who was the better "Redman", Carmine or Bob Farrington, who actually was the original "Redman" and then let us not forget Rambling Willie, Bob's ill bred gelding who tore up all the great Free-for-Allers of the day. I am of the opinion that having been a part of this forum for, what seems like forever, having raced standardbreds through the 60's, 70's 80's into the 90's, that there are far more gamblers here than Horsemen.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2023, 01:06:14 PM »
Rambling Willie was not an Illinois bred. Believe it or not he was bred in Indiana.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 01:26:44 PM »
  The ill does not stand for Illinois, it stands for badly bred, as ill bred. I have always believed that he was a product of a midnight deal with a good stallion.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2023, 01:36:47 PM »
  The ill does not stand for Illinois, it stands for badly bred, as ill bred. I have always believed that he was a product of a midnight deal with a good stallion.

Thanks for the clarification.  tmbz1 tmbz1
He who laughs last, laughs best.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »
There are three or four more Dexter Dunn's in NZ who would tear it up here

The reason they are so good and potentially better drivers in NZ and Australia is bigger fields, all different distances etc.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 02:27:58 PM »
Casey was the best at keeping one alive at the wire.

Here they come

• Top Claimer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2023, 02:44:36 PM »
When Dexter came here, yannick, Timmy, Miller, were already established. Dexter came here and EARNED himself the right to the best horses. He just walked in and drove rings around the best drivers we have with inferior stock. Then and only then did he start getting respect from the trainers and started using him and getting horse power.  He is the best driver in the sport bar none.
Anyone who thinks Yannick or Timmy or anyone else are better are clueless.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:36 PM »
  I used to post here quite a bit. The reason I don't and it really isn't important, is a point was made that is a non-starter when the word 'Clueless" just had to be thrown in as if the writer knows something every else doesn't.+

Here they come

• Top Claimer
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2023, 04:40:01 PM »
Kooter, you obviously don’t have any opinion on the subject since you just focused on my “clueless” choice of words. Sorry if that offended you 🤦‍♂️

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2023, 06:55:01 PM »
   Everybody has an opinion as do I.  I  just don't think it necessary to express that opinion to the detriment of others. I agree that Dexter is a great driver. I will also say just for laughs that Aaron Merriman always leads the National driver standings at Northfield where he usually wins 120,000 races a year. I refuse to offer an opinion on that topic and I'm sorry if I came across harsh.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2023, 10:10:31 PM »
Casey was the best at keeping one alive at the wire.

Houghton never kicked a horse..

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2023, 10:44:52 PM »
   Everybody has an opinion as do I.  I  just don't think it necessary to express that opinion to the detriment of others. I agree that Dexter is a great driver. I will also say just for laughs that Aaron Merriman always leads the National driver standings at Northfield where he usually wins 120,000 races a year. I refuse to offer an opinion on that topic and I'm sorry if I came across harsh.

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

A Merliner

• NW-1
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2023, 10:54:27 PM »
Dexter competes against so fewer top drivers than the elite reinsmen did in the glorius 80s-90s heyday.

Given that, it'd be pretty darn hard to put him ahead of Campbell, O'Donnell, Filion or Case.

But to even talk about him in the same conversation with those greats shows how fortunate the few remaining harness fans are to watch Mr. Dunn in his prime.

MikeAnt

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2023, 01:30:31 AM »
  I used to post here quite a bit. The reason I don't and it really isn't important, is a point was made that is a non-starter when the word 'Clueless" just had to be thrown in as if the writer knows something every else doesn't.+
Who gives as dead rats ass if you post here or not? Talk a long walk off a short plank a-hole and go get lost.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal