Author Topic: Dexter Dunn  (Read 11862 times)

MCR

• Open / FFA
Dexter Dunn
« on: January 28, 2023, 07:05:48 PM »
Welcome back!! First start is a winning one.  It's amazing watching this guy.  Has to be the best of all time

Wawajones

• Stakes Horse
Re: Dexter Dunn
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 07:31:13 PM »
Not any where near the best, like Case, O’Donnell, Campbell

MCR

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 07:35:43 PM »
Not any where near the best, like Case, O’Donnell, Campbell
Keep smoking that pipe.  I'm sorry but when guys like Gingras Tetrick miller McCarthy's all admit that Dex "Is that good" it's time to wake up.  Case odonnell and Campbell were great for there time but Dexter is leaps and bounds better

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 08:21:46 PM »
It is all about the power, he gets all the best horses. He rarely ever has to get after a horse, and when he does, it doesn't usually workout very well for him.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 08:24:01 PM »
Dexter  excellent driver

But not in the same league as
John Campbell in  his prime

It’s not even close

Campbell best ever

Period
End of story

Stop It u guys quit playing

Dexter not even in top three

Campbell
O’Donnell
Timmy
Then

Yannick or Dexter or LUC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 08:26:18 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 09:43:51 PM »
Herve
Case
Buddy
Pierce

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 09:47:33 PM »
Dunn gets the best horses because he's the best. It was not that way when he came over. It was Tetrick, Miller, & Gringras battling for top honors. IMO Dunn is by the best. I like Todd McCarthy too.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 10:28:03 PM »
It is all about the power, he gets all the best horses. He rarely ever has to get after a horse, and when he does, it doesn't usually workout very well for him.

👍👍👍👍👍

yonkersjeff

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 11:26:55 PM »

Dustin Blumenfeld
               Russell Rash

MikeAnt

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 12:05:01 AM »

Dustin Blumenfeld
               Russell Rash

Both of those guys already received the groom of the month award.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 12:19:15 AM »

Difference in time, equipment, etc.  Cannot make correct judgments on non-contemporaries. Joe O'Brien was great, at Hollywood Park. Was said to have the greatest Trotter all around. They called her simply " The Mare."   ( Fresh Yankee)Is she still the greatest in your opinion? Most of you weren't born then. Adios Vic was every bit as good on a mile track as "Mickey" and so on and so on. I had a horse that briefly held the record for 3 yr. old pacers at The Red Mile, 2:03.2 hooked to a Jerald Wooden Sulky. Hard to believe! These guys all come and go. How about James McDonald? I think they all deserve their due for their accomplishes in our present time without silly comparisons.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 12:41:16 AM »
Welcome back!! First start is a winning one.  It's amazing watching this guy.  Has to be the best of all time

Are you in your 20's or 30's ?
No knock on Dexter, I think he is excellent but he isn't close to Herve, Buddy, Carmine and many others.

COUNSELOR

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 12:49:38 AM »
AS YOU CANNOT JUDGE HORSES FROM DIFFERENT ERAS---YOU SURELY CANNOT JUDGE DRIVERS!   THE QUALITY OF THE OVERALL DRIVING COLONY TODAY IS LESS THAN THE OLD DAYS WHEN SO MANY WERE DRIVERS AND TRAINERS.  THERE ARE LESS TOP DRIVERS IN EVERY RACE---JUST AS THERE IS LESS TOP HORSES.   WE BREED 8,000 MARES PER YEAR AND GET SOME GOOD HORSES BUT IN THE OLD DAYS THERE WERE 25,000 FOALS AND TRUST ME THE BETTER CHANCE TO HIT A HOMERUN.  FURTHER, TODAYS RACES HAVE LESS DEPTH THAN THE OLD DAYS.

HAVE THERE BEEN A CROP LIKE NIHILATOR, DRAGONS LAIR, PERSHING SQUARE, CHAIRMANOFTHEBOAR D, SILVER ALMAHURST, ETC.  THEY WERE ALL TOP HORSES AND THERE WERE MANY MORE THAT I DONT RECALL.   THEY WOULD TAKE TURNS COMING AT THE LEADERS---THERE WERE NO EASY WINS IN THE OLD DAYS.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2023, 05:56:35 AM »
After watching harness racing for 50 years I've seen all the great ones. I think the difference between all of them is very slim. They all have good instincts and good hands. But it all starts with having the best horses to drive. Dunn gets the best drives that's why he wins the most now. But to say he's better than Campbell,Fillion,Tetrick,Case or even Lew Williams. NO way.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2023, 07:15:38 AM »
After watching harness racing for 50 years I've seen all the great ones. I think the difference between all of them is very slim. They all have good instincts and good hands. But it all starts with having the best horses to drive. Dunn gets the best drives that's why he wins the most now. But to say he's better than Campbell,Fillion,Tetrick,Case or even Lew Williams. NO way.

I’m probably about your age and have seen many drivers.  The best I’ve ever seen at keeping a horse alive to the wire was Billy Haughton.  None of this jumping around and whaling away on a horse….  If I had the choice of any driver I’ve seen, when the big $$$$ are down it would be Ron Pierce.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal