Author Topic: Why does Mike hate the amish so much?  (Read 2439 times)

peterose822

• Top Claimer
Why does Mike hate the amish so much?
« on: January 29, 2023, 01:37:11 PM »
He always lumps them in with kill pens.
I live in upstate NY and around many Amish communities.
The horses seem well cared for and fed.
Seems a lot better than the alternative..

London

• Stakes Horse
Re: Why does Mike hate the amish so much?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 02:23:51 PM »
He doesnt like himself

harnesstimes

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 02:26:01 PM »
Mike had to Amish his mother
HRSEPLP.CM

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 10:40:01 PM »
have to agree with mike had alot of amish in our area its more humain to send them to a kill pen than let the amish torture them to death

bond

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 09:51:06 AM »
have to agree with mike had alot of amish in our area its more humain to send them to a kill pen than let the amish torture them to death

I live not far from Amish--they believe in God,Family,Community and a simple hard working life.They work their horses in order to get things done-every horse I've seen working looked fine. However-when a horse cant work any more or is too old-its killed. No retirement in a grassy paddock till it dies naturally. So I would not send a horse I care for to the Amish.
When a true Amish person dies-there is no more prayer because they believe that person is immediately with God. Compared to the community Ive witnessed -like in South Philly--the Amish are saints.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:55:14 AM by bond »

TheGrimReaper

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 10:25:30 AM »
Amish are smart business people, not sentimental.  They run puppy mills to make money, horses are just their version of a vehicle, car, truck or tractor. Just like your vehicle they junk theirs when it’s no longer productive.  Amish are not some simple good ole country folk.  They just market that image well.  Horse retirement is death for them, they treat them like a tractor, nothing more.  No worse than some horsemen, better than some, but not in a horses best interests.
THE INDUSTRY'S DEAD

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 11:47:47 AM »
My first horse I ever owned was a beautiful trotter with some EPM problems. He could jog forever , just won't stay flat racing. My trainer at the time convinced me to sell him to the Amish. I still regret it even now, not knowing how he is being cared for. Since then all my past horses have been sent for adoption if possible. Maybe some owners don't mind what happens to their horses after racing, but I do.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 11:51:04 AM by Open bridle »

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 10:15:52 PM »

Like all of society, good and bad representation. I’ve seen a lot coming from Amish who were starved and crippled. On the other hand, an old racehorse of ours was claimed, later resurfaced through low-end auction pipeline..not starved at all. Very good body weight in fact, and some “corrective” shoeing. But not useful any more so sent to auction. Bought her back by the pound (Full Circle designation worked here) and living out her days as a glorified grass mower, and doesn’t act like she’s been treated badly at any point.
Not sure it’s right, but they’re treated like cars. Some folks take great care of their cars; some don’t. Difference is, no one needs to retire their cars to pasture.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only other Sand Rats I suppose?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:30 PM
  • Unclejerry: Who care's about a bunch of sand rats, Im more concerned about Joe turning this country into a 3rd world shithole.
    April 16, 2024, 04:41:48 PM
  • dougie: Why can't people just talk harness racing instead of politics?
    April 16, 2024, 12:11:21 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: You said that last year
    April 15, 2024, 10:18:26 PM
  • Calhoun: Someone offered 10/1 odds on SCM killing himself before the year ends. I bet $5 to win $50.
    April 15, 2024, 10:06:59 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal