Author Topic: Latest on Nicky Boys Sandals Sentencing  (Read 19282 times)

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
Re: Do you agree Nicky Boy Sandals should be allowed home confinement?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 07:35:50 AM »
I’d love to read his letters of praise and see who sent them

Mr. Surick’s Post-Offense Rehabilitation
In the nearly three years since his arrest, Mr. Surick has chosen a new path in life. He immediately surrendered his horse racing licenses and no longer participates in the sport. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, he immediately recognized his own culpability and accepted full responsibility for his actions. Beyond that, he also set out on a course to atone for his wrongdoing. First, he focused on finding a new occupation and being able to earn a living. Through hard work and determination, he began his own landscaping business, All Quality Landscaping. That business now employs 6 individuals.
Despite overwhelming legal, financial and personal problems, Mr. Surick also made time to continue the important volunteer work that he has long provided to his community. Mr. Surick has always been involved supporting charitable work in his community but after his arrest he redoubled his efforts. At the lowest point in his life, he found that helping others helped him come to grips with the error of his ways and, as a result, made him a better man.
Attached as Exhibit B is a letter from Geralyn Fraggetta-Drury, the Executive Director of Freehold Area Open Door, a food pantry in Monmouth County. Ms. Fraggetta-Drury notes that Nick Surick has a big personality and that he had many volunteer efforts prior to his current legal difficulties. He raised funds every year to buy bicycles for underprivileged children, provided holiday meals for workers at the racetrack and engaged in a number of other charitable efforts.
Ms. Fraggetta-Drury notes that Mr. Surick approached her and volunteered his time. During the pandemic, Open Door created a home delivery program and Mr. Surick assumed responsibility for making deliveries on one of their longest routes. He made deliveries to home-

Case 1:20-cr-00160-MKV Document 987 Filed 12/01/22 Page 18 of 54
bound senior citizens, disabled people and the working poor. She writes: “We serve 1,500 to 2,900 households each month out of our little pantry in Throckmorton Street. I cannot do this alone and Nick is one of my most dedicated and reliable volunteers.” She notes that Mr. Surick openly discussed his offense with her and took full responsibility for his actions. “It is very clear that Nick was knocked down and what may have become a negative catalyst for some people, only motivated him to create a good and positive life. He knew that he could not work in the field he loved so much so he created a new one.”
She concludes her letter by stating that Nick has become an important part of the Open Door family. “I am certain that we would be at a loss if we lost him. Our community would be at a loss. ... He deserves the opportunity to continue his good work and turn this all around.”
A number of the attached letters further testify to Mr. Surick’s generosity, charitable efforts and small acts of kindness. See, e.g., Exhibit C letter of Theologos Horiates (food concessionaire who notes that Mr. Surick would routinely pick up the tab for track workers who did not have enough money to eat). See also Exhibit E (letter from Toniann Flotteron discussing Mr. Surick’s charitable efforts and acts of kindness).
Perhaps the most poignant letter is from Emily Hay, a single mother of modest means. See Exhibit D. Ms. Hay describes a frightening incident when she and her girlfriend were accosted by a drunk man who had jumped into their vehicle and refused to leave. Mr. Surick happened to be nearby and quickly intervened and made the man leave. He then made sure that both women got back safely to their hotel. After that incident, Ms. Hay and her young son Colton became friends with Mr. Surick, who has entertained them when they visited with him in New Jersey and Florida. And young Colton has come to be very fond of Mr. Surick. Id.
Mr. Surick’s rehabilitative efforts during the last three years provide strong evidence of his genuine remorse and the conscious decision that he has made to become a productive member of

Case 1:20-cr-00160-MKV Document 987 Filed 12/01/22 Page 19 of 54
society. Despite overwhelming odds, he has started a new life for himself. He is making a positive contribution to his community. Those efforts should be weighed heavily by Your Honor at the time of sentencing. “[W]hat a defendant is doing while free is of great significance in determining whether that defendant has made, or is in the process of making, a success of her life. Rehabilitation should not now be destroyed by wanton and unthinking application of mechanical rules of imprisonment.” United States v. Hawkins, 380 F. Supp. 2d 143, 165-66 (E.D.N.Y. 2005). See also United States v. Preacely, 628 F. 3d 72, 81 (2d Cir. 2010) (noting court must consider evidence of rehabilitation); accord United States v. Williams, 65 F. 3d 301, 305 (2d Cir. 1995).
We respectfully submit that the man who will appear before you for sentencing is a changed man. And we ask the Court to consider those positive changes when fashioning a sentence in this case.
3. Mr. Surick is Unlikely to Reoffend and Has Responded Positively to Supervision

bond

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:26 AM »
  Movie quotes--Shawshank Redemption
Reviewer: You feel you've been rehabilitated?
Red: Oh, yes sir. Absolutely, sir. Yeah, I've learned my lesson. I can honestly say that I'm a changed man. I'm no longer a danger to society. That's the God's honest truth.
Result--REJECTED.

Nick the Prick-should have the key thrown away--the man has to pay for his crimes--they were considerable. Unbelievable really as to their level of criminality. Involved in the most darkest devious places in the Sport of Horse racing--and profited immensely from them--not from hard work--but by being a cheating ahole. Didn't give a rats--if he killed or injured horses with his shenanigans.
So he makes a few deliveries and throws a few ill gotten dollars around--gets him off? Mafia used to do the same thing--then go out and kill people with baseball bats.
He will not get off---do the crime--you do the time---period full stop.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 08:54:41 AM »
This rat bastard thought until the very end he was the sharpest guy. He was cooperating with the FBI from the very beginning. They could not shut him up. He gave incriminating testimony on many people. Then, he could not help himself. He tried chumping the FBI and was caught. So, all the info he gave from the beginning may be useless. He compromised his and the FBI's position as he can not be used as a testifying witness.
 So, somebody has to do the time this dopey fool cost the FBI. That is why he has the third charge of obstruction. It carries a 10 year penalty.
 I will bet Nicky's mom will be traveling to the visiting room to see her "Rock" for the next 12 years.
 He will do more time for blowing the other cases with his lies than for all the other scumbag shit he pulled.
 He looses his wife, his business his home and all the cash the Fed's can find and is saddled with $60 million in restitution.
 Those poor older people at the food pantry are sure going to miss Nicky boy. 

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2022, 09:37:31 AM »
Lucpark will drive Mommy Sandals to visit her hero.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2022, 09:59:39 AM »
All I gots to say is that I'm sure glad I'm not in his position. For many reasons. And if he did indeed rat there are going to be some pissed off cowboys out there.

He has to do time. He caused suffering and death to those beautiful animals. And for what? Was it worth it Nicky boy?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2022, 10:06:22 AM »
There is no question, he ratted. If you remember, Nicky's original incitement was dropped. That was because his information provided was in in part or completely false. So, he was no longer under the protection of that indictment and the Feds drew up another that included, obstruction. All the BS he gave them makes him an unreliable and they cant use him as a witness to the people he ratted.
 This is why he is staring at a substantial bid.

Gasman401

• NW-1
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2022, 10:17:19 AM »
The over /under on scumduel this morning is currently at 48 months  what are your thought team i need this christmas money ?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »
In reality, this little pecker may only get 60 months. But, they will probably go real hard on recovering some loot. There are many potential defendants that will skate due to this fool. Not one will give him the time of day when he is released.
Over 48. Where can I get this action?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2022, 11:12:54 AM »

He has to do time. He caused suffering and death to those beautiful animals. And for what? Was it worth it Nicky boy?

And you?  Have you ever trained, driven or owned any horse that ran sore?  Blocked a nerve? 

These actions are also cruel, cause suffering and, yes, death.

It's all a matter of degree.  Isn't it?

And just who gets to say which is criminal and which isn't?

Not you.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2022, 11:25:52 AM »
GOOD GUY

DECENT FAMILY MAN

WHO ON HERE HAS NOT SINNED ..

THE NEXT APOSTLE PLS POST YOUR REAL NAME

PLEASE POST ,,

SANDY  IS GOING TO BOUNCE ..
  MONEY CAN BUY HIM BACK IN THE HORSE BUSINNES MAYBE NOT AS OWNER BUT AS GROOM

GROOMS NEEDED EVERY WHERE,

JMVFHO

Caught on wire tap laughing about dead horses.

You're right --- Good Guy ! !

So much for your credibility

bangbang553

• Top Claimer
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2022, 12:12:15 PM »
jail      restitution of the purses he stole with his juiced up 5claimers at fhld   and he needs to disclose the hidden ownership of the horses hes racing now  he has no remorse other than getting caught 

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2022, 12:36:26 PM »
Still a POS, he won't change because he hasn't changed. 5 yrs plus restitution and agreeing never to own or touch a horse again.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2022, 08:08:35 PM »
EVERY TIME Andy Miller blasted another 'Freehold Surick' to the front at 2-5....and that was many many times, id say like many of you..'hes got another one loaded up'.

Nick..go to hell.

7thalongrail

• NW-1
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2022, 10:50:41 PM »
Outside of this guy’s listing of acknowledged offenses, this prick was a menace to many; harassing race starters, outside owners, rival trainers, clerk of courses, rival drivers, race secretaries, and numerous screaming episodes at Anna Glide in track restaurants.  But i guess after a few meals on wheels deliveries, all should be forgiven. 

Good luck with that!

Excited to see the “over”

COUNSELOR

• Top Claimer
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2022, 11:46:19 PM »
OVER 48!

I WAS ABLE TO READ THE ENTIRE CASE VIA PACER----OVER 48!  FEDERAL JUDGES ARE BRILLIANT AND SEE THRU THE LIES AND DECEIT DAILY!  IN FACT THIS CASE WAS ACTUALLY VERY POORLY PRESENTED!  TRUTHFLLY, A JUDGE DOES NOT CARE IF YOU ARE GETTING A DIVORCE AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF MARRIAGE----NOT DOES HE CARE ABOUT HIS NEW ENTITY WITH 6 EMPLOYEES OF THE CHARITY WORK !   

WE DISCUSSED "BINDING" VS "NON-BINDING " PLEA DEALS WHEN THIS ALL STARTED AND I STATED THAT THESE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PLEA DEAL UNLESS THE JUDGE DOES IN FACT AGREE TO IT PRIOR TO SENTENCING AND CREATES THE "BINDING" PLEA DEAL.  THIS WAS NEVER A BINDING PLEA DEAL AND THE JUDGE IS THE FINAL DETERMINENT IN THE SENTENCING.   TRUTHFULLY, THERE IS MORE TO THIS THAN MEETS THE EYE---- THAT IS FACT.

OVER 48.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal