Author Topic: Harness Racing Uncovered  (Read 182697 times)

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Harness Racing Uncovered
« Reply #690 on: November 06, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »
bump

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #691 on: November 09, 2022, 08:21:58 AM »
Aww ... missed me

Be nice and I might post here again next week.

ngc3 ngc3

You lasted 3 minutes and 9 seconds, Smelly Mike. 

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

GSAC Mike

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2022, 06:01:17 PM »
I bet Mike does smell! SCM is a poopy diaper crybaby that got the boot from Goshen.  He cares about nothing but revenge.  Don't be fooled.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »
mike eats hot pockets

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #694 on: November 09, 2022, 08:04:20 PM »
mike eats hot pockets

Maybe great value brand...but not the original.   ngc3

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #695 on: November 09, 2022, 10:55:10 PM »
https://harnesslink.com/new-zealand/apathy-and-tolerance-are-killing-our-industry/

The cheaters are everywhere

IRT New Zealand Trotting Cup Day should have been an occasion remembered for our heroes of the harness racing track.

Instead, the day was mired by the announcement of another licensed New Zealand trainer and an associate being caught administering on race day.

Having to field calls and texts from the once-a-year casual followers of our sport about suspected drug cheats instead of celebrating our one big day in the sun left me feeling ashamed to be involved in the sport.

Not because it happened, because there are bad eggs in every industry. But more so, what didn’t happen?

You see for all the public sentiment and outcry over the sentencing of Colin Defilippi and the apparent mishandling of his whip sentencing, the opposite happened when one of our own was caught red handed, and not for the first time I might add.

The horseman are bloody good at pointing fingers at administrators of the sport, but where is the accountability of your own people?

Why is it that nobody is prepared to publicly denounce what can broadly be defined as animal cruelty? The silence is deafening.

The social license of the harness racing industry is hanging by a thread, and yet we have an apparent culture of apathy and tolerance when it comes to license holders who are prepared to administer substances to defenseless animals for nothing more than sheer greed.

The public perception of harness racing is an industry that is rife with corruption. And while that might not be the case, it’s getting bloody hard to defend this sort of behaviour.

Let me remind you that the three trainers to have been caught in the last three years have all had to be caught in the act.

I’m not saying it’s rife.

But the public perception is just that.

And when you have former Chair’s and acting CEO’s publicly going into bat for a ‘kid’ (full grown adult) with a tough upbringing who once again has shat the bed, where too now?

Furthermore, we all want stake money to increase and our best chance of doing so is increasing turnover. But when the punters are leaving in their droves over the perception that outcomes and results are being influenced by other means, the reality is we have little chance.

The TAB have never offered a refund to backers of horses, beaten by horses who were latterly disqualified. So you can hardly blame them for having a sour taste in their mouths and taking their hard-earned dollar elsewhere.

If we as an industry can’t come together and condemn this sort of behaviour publicly, a culture of tolerance and acceptance will inadvertently perpetuate and continue to rot us from the inside out.

Our own people are the single biggest threat to our industries survival. Not the left. Not the greens. And not administrative decisions made by the governing body.

Lastly, nothing in this industry happens by coincidence. I have a hard time believing that of all 365 days in the calendar, the RIB managed to catch somebody in the act on the morning of our biggest day by chance.

Call me cynical, but the timing of some of these frog marches over the last five years makes you start to wonder whether a bigger agenda is at play.

In saying that, no harm, no foul.

If everybody is acting within the rules and respecting our animals, I wouldn’t feel the need to be spouting sanctimony, and nor would the RIB be catching cheats.

Hiding behind a facade of this just being one or two bad eggs is no longer palatable, and for the sake of an industry I care deeply about, I’m happy to stand behind these words and challenge others to do the same.

by Brad Reid, for Harnesslink

Tags: Brad ReidRacing Integrity Board

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
Did gareth resurface yet ?
« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2022, 05:55:05 AM »
Or did they morph into somebody else ?

boscoman

• 4 claimer
Re: Did gareth resurface yet ?
« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2022, 06:01:47 AM »
Supposedly retired from Harness Racing

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »
mike eats hot pockets

i knew a girl once that had HOT pockets ;D ;D
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Racing Troll

• Open / FFA
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2022, 10:19:48 PM »
Mikee you are almost as popular asSimon the penis envy guy. Love how the mod lumps treads together and it makes Mikes head so big it is ready to EXPLODE. Now that I hope is on a YouTube video.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2022, 11:25:56 PM »
Mike gets so excited when he posts on here.  Calm down Mike, you'll shit your diaper.  Damn, too late!  ngc3

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #701 on: November 12, 2022, 10:56:44 AM »
I called Shopping Cart Mike yesterday.  His VoiceMail is full.

I called today.  His number "Is not in service at this time."

Mike,,, send me a PM with details,,, I'll pay your phone bill.  tmbz1

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #702 on: November 12, 2022, 12:30:56 PM »

Were you calling to get more inside information ?
He who laughs last, laughs best.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #703 on: November 12, 2022, 12:50:17 PM »

Were you calling to get more inside information ?
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #704 on: November 12, 2022, 01:36:31 PM »

I called Mike awhile back and spoke to him, seems like a nice guy trying to do good

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal