Author Topic: 3 DAY MEADOWLANDS HANDLE TOTAL  (Read 5801 times)

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
Re: 3 DAY MEADOWLANDS HANDLE TOTAL
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2022, 08:05:43 PM »
A lot of Haters are going to be Way Off!!!!!!!!

Gural said very flatly, NJ taxpayers should consider themselves to be lucky to only paying for $20mm of the purses.

You seem to act as if the haters have no basis to hate.

WildWizard

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2022, 09:33:22 PM »
This was a terrible Hambo

All things considered

No standout
Much rather see a close race and driving finish than something run off the screen at 1/5. Fuck standouts.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 09:48:11 PM »
Some big name trainers got embarrassed today.  NT 0-8 with 6 no check.
TA 0-10 5 no check, RB 1 win, 20 starters . Crazy…

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 09:49:42 PM »
Some big name trainers got embarrassed today.  NT 0-8 with 6 no check.
TA 0-10 5 no check, RB 1 win, 20 starters . Crazy…

That is awesome.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 10:47:46 PM »
Gural said very flatly, NJ taxpayers should consider themselves to be lucky to only paying for $20mm of the purses.

You seem to act as if the haters have no basis to hate.

1st, most of the haters dont live in New Jersey, so why do they care about New Jersey taxpayers?????????? (Answer they don't)

2nd, as expected you took what Gural said way out of context! so I'll tell the others who may not have heard what he said?

He Said.......... New Jersey residents paying 20 million to horse racing is lucky for them very small compared to New York & Pennsylvania residents paying around 200+ million to horse racing........... ......

hot2trot

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2022, 12:52:59 AM »
gural just trying to make comments to get NY and PA politicians to reduce $$ for other tracks- real scumbag move that would harm racing badly as a whole. but he only gives a shit about himself

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 12:58:12 AM »
1st, most of the haters dont live in New Jersey, so why do they care about New Jersey taxpayers?????????? (Answer they don't)

2nd, as expected you took what Gural said way out of context! so I'll tell the others who may not have heard what he said?

He Said.......... New Jersey residents paying 20 million to horse racing is lucky for them very small compared to New York & Pennsylvania residents paying around 200+ million to horse racing........... ......

I know what he said. You, him, and the whole failure of an operation there sicken me.

I'm sure you know this difference between the take from slots in those others states and the direct payment from NJ taxpayers to NJ harness, correct?tall about taking things out of context

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 08:16:14 AM »
If it was not for Gural there would not be any Meadowland we need all the track we can get big or small lots of little guy have a horse or two and they do it cause they love the sport no little guy no racing.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 08:54:16 AM »
If it was not for Gural there would not be any Meadowland we need all the track we can get big or small lots of little guy have a horse or two and they do it cause they love the sport no little guy no racing.
I actually  fell we have an over saturation of tracks. There are 'x' amount of dollars that are interested in wagering on harness racing.

Last Saturday there were 12 harness tracks running.  Guarantee, not a single track made money.
Plenty of reasons why harness racing is less popular - but for gamblers, a big reason is
small fields
small pools
high percentage of favorites.

you said about getting plenty of opportunities for the little guy to race because they love it.

for a business to succeed you need customers --- the customer is not the horsemen. The customer are gamblers,,,, 

Pretty much the customer has been chased away from tracks. Staying at home where tracks are getting between 3-5% which will never turn around the industry.

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 10:54:46 AM »
Well I guess we all should say fuck it and let the ship sink.

NJ HORSEMAN

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2022, 12:07:34 PM »
Well I guess we all should say fuck it and let the ship sink.

I SAY ABANDON SHIP, FUCK JEFF GURAL AND THE COW HIS MOM RODE IN ON

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2022, 12:16:43 PM »
Years back, before slot money, racetracks and horsemen accepted deals with account wagering companies. They were horrible deals giving the ADW companies the lions share of the handle and the owners of the product a couple of points to wet their beak.
 New York saw their OTB handle drop enough to get involved. They struck a deal that allows them to claw back a few points and that gets distributed to the tracks and horsemen. But overall, these ADW companies that have such a sweetheart deal now control about 85% of the total market.
 Any fix to the current problem of revenue sharing must include a drastic reversal of the % now held by the ADW company. Almost every track either has or has the capability of handling all the off track betting wagered on their product.
But, the track must actually want to be in the racing business. I don't think 90% of the harness tracks want to be in the business. They have all decided to do the statutory minimum to keep their licenses and reduce the product and it's associated cost to an absolute minimum. This is a choice they make.
So, how do you invest capital and  fix something that you don't want to own? You don't. You minimize your exposure and costs while you plan your exit strategy.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2022, 01:21:56 PM »
Best post of year … well said

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2022, 03:58:06 PM »

But, the track must actually want to be in the racing business. I don't think 90% of the harness tracks want to be in the business. They have all decided to do the statutory minimum to keep their licenses and reduce the product and it's associated cost to an absolute minimum. This is a choice they make.

I would say you're close on 90% - may even be higher....

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2022, 07:03:58 PM »
Totally agree

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal