Author Topic: Gambling on harness. Football. Etc etc  (Read 3116 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Gambling on harness. Football. Etc etc
« on: March 08, 2022, 10:18:16 PM »
Player suspended for one year for betting $1500 on a football game should that be applied to drivers and trainers should they be allowed to bet on their horse or another horse during any race I think I think the NFL made a correct decision we are waiting for Harness to do the same thing
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
Re: Gambling on harness. Football. Etc etc
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 02:21:08 AM »
in any racing, if owner/trainer/driver/jockey bets  as long as it is win only on their interest im ok with it. might make races more interesting if all 8 drivers bet to win on themself.

bestbetter

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 04:09:37 AM »
I was at Hazel Park in the early 90s. Kevin Wallis was talking to someone just before the post parade, The guy started walking fast to the 50 dollar window. I tried to hear what he bet but I didn't. He almost won but came second with a chalk or near chalk... Seems he wanted to win that one.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 10:02:09 AM »
jackass football  falcons player forfieted 11.5 million to make a 1500 bet

fckin ass clown ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:17:31 PM »
Back in 2015 Natalie Rassmussen (Mark Purdon) bet on a stablemate in advanced betting and was injured at time but recovered in time to drive another horse in the race so she was fined for fir it

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/75410115/natalie-rasmussen-cops-fine-for-punting-against-own-drive

Natalie Rasmussen has escaped with a fine despite betting against her own drive in the New Zealand Trotting Cup. (she did not escape a fine as noted below)

Rasmussen, who trains in partnership with Mark Purdon, backed Smolda to win the Group I cup in a futures market but she drove his All Stars stablemate Messini.

Rasmussen admitted three betting related charges brought against her by the Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) at a Judicial Control Authority (JCA) hearing.

The RIU accepted that at the time she placed the bet on Smolda she was injured and did not expect to drive in the Trotting Cup.

In addition to the punt on Smolda, she also faced a charge of backing her own drive, Chase The Dream to win the Sires Stakes final.

Drivers are not allowed to bet in races they are competing in. Rasmussen said she was not aware of the rule because she did not usually bet.

Rasmussen has been fined $3750 and ordered to pay costs of $350 to the the JCA after being cleared of any intent to deceive or commit a sinister act.

In relation to the first two charges which relate to a $200 bet on Smolda in the futures market at $4.00 on which was placed on October 23, Rasmussen said she thought she was no chance of driving on cup day when she placed the bet.

Also, there was a race last week where a trainer had two horses in the race and put the numbers were switched as the 8 had the #3 and the #3 had the number #8.   Both horses finished out of the money and the fault was laid on the stewards who are supposed to check every horse with it's brand number before every race and did not. Both drivers lised drove the correct horses even though their numbers were back asswards.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »
timing aint good while NY politicians want to take away the money!

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 07:28:18 PM »
terrible news

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 07:46:11 PM »
Take it all

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »
in any racing, if owner/trainer/driver/jockey bets  as long as it is win only on their interest im ok with it. might make races more interesting if all 8 drivers bet to win on themself.

It depends on the circumstances of this bet.  If they had been intentionally not winning for several races and all of a sudden were on "go" and bet, then I have a lot of problem with that.  Additionally, pools at many tracks are so small that even a $20 win may have some impact, let alone hundreds of dollars. 

The reality is, harness racing does very little to help harness racing.  They think they do by tweeting or the other small gestures they offer at a "younger" audience, but that will lead no where unless there are real fixes attempted.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    Today at 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    Today at 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal