Author Topic: More Meadowlands and Freehold racing days coming this year  (Read 4269 times)

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
More Meadowlands and Freehold racing days coming this year
« on: January 12, 2022, 07:24:34 PM »
On Monday (Jan. 10), the governor signed the bill (A2265/S3771) requiring NJ Standardbred racetracks that have sports wagering licenses to hold a minimum of 151 race dates, with limited exceptions.
Currently the Big M has only 90 days scheduled and Freehold only 85 days. Horsemen must be thrilled!

silent one

• Stakes Horse
Re: More Meadowlands and Freehold racing days coming this year
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 08:31:46 PM »
  Yes, this is great news for the industry. More 5-6-7 horse fields, and best of all, more amateur races. I am certain the mismanagement at the Pig M is thrilled with the idea of trying to fill another 61 day's worth of cards. Another benefit is that the welfare the whoresmen receive for the purses from the state gets stretched out to cover more dates. Meaning lower purses for the whoresmen. great news for the industry, indeed.

Sincerely, Silent One

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:28:22 PM »
Wheres that money come from??

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:20:19 AM »
The law requires 151 days of harness racing in a year COMBINING the Meadowlands and Freehold dates. There will be little change to each track's schedule going forward. The obvious concern long term were tracks phasing out racing  and having just sports betting

Racing Troll

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »
The law requires 151 days of harness racing in a year COMBINING the Meadowlands and Freehold dates. There will be little change to each track's schedule going forward.
On Monday (Jan. 10), the governor signed the bill (A2265/S3771) requiring NJ Standardbred racetracks that have sports wagering licenses to hold a minimum of 151 race dates, with limited exceptions.
Currently the Big M has only 90 days scheduled and Freehold only 85 days. Horsemen must be thrilled!

I HOPE THEY START CUTTING DAYS WITH NEXT YEARS CALENDER. GET DOWN TO THE NUMBERS SPECIFIED AND NOT A DAY MORE

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 11:05:54 PM »
thank you locked in with pace for some sanity
its actually good for harness racing future
and the key word is COMBINED race dates
and yes horseman are thrilled !!

arniesarmy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »
  Yes, this is great news for the industry. More 5-6-7 horse fields, and best of all, more amateur races. I am certain the mismanagement at the Pig M is thrilled with the idea of trying to fill another 61 day's worth of cards. Another benefit is that the welfare the whoresmen receive for the purses from the state gets stretched out to cover more dates. Meaning lower purses for the whoresmen. great news for the industry, indeed.

Sincerely, Silent One

speaking of amateur races--I never bet them--M 4th the 5 horse went inside SEVEN pylons while finishing second with no one around.SMHm

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 08:53:26 AM »
i don't know what is more outrageous
the fact they card these as betting races
or the fact people actually wager on them

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 11:10:55 AM »
I bet them, then again I would bet on a cockroach race

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 11:32:54 AM »
You act like racing is needed.   No it's not. Industry finishrd..cssino. .slots..sports.   racing is whatever. Midget George Brennan has extorted legally money racing at yomkers and nobody cares. Pig m is rude...I dont like the most go follow nfl nhl...

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal