Author Topic: Bettors Should Get Their Money Back  (Read 1662 times)

makingit

• Open / FFA
Bettors Should Get Their Money Back
« on: September 24, 2021, 07:41:24 PM »
Bettors that hold onto their losing tickets that are affected by a horse that is disqualified a few weeks later due to a blood test should be able to redeem those tickets for the face value. I know it would be impossible to figure out a way to "make right" cashed in tickets affected by a drugged  horse coming into a payout, at least the redeeming of some tickets and having the tracks pay out cash would put extra pressure on weeding out trainers who do not follow the rules. Issuing fines to the trainer now, returning purse money to be redistributed and suspensions are good but it must go further. Drivers that do not follow the rules in a race are taken down and other horses moved up so in some way the sport should find a way to protect bettors who are some of the people who heavily support the sport/business.. If a bettor keeps his losing tickets and it is later found out that the race outcome was fixed due to drugs and the bettor would have won on those tickets, he should at the very least  able to redeem the ticket for the amount bet.

Brown jug

• Elite
Re: Bettors Should Get Their Money Back
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 08:46:56 PM »
agreed
perhaps fines to trainers should be put into a pool and used to repay these tickets
of course fines would need to be of some significance
tracking the tickets should not be difficult, i assume 90% or more are done online
but as icemans says , unlikely

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal