Author Topic: 2021 Ontario Racing  (Read 11673 times)

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
2021 Ontario Racing
« on: August 08, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »
Saturday August 7th

Hanover Raceway
Total Purse:  $40,600
Total Handle: $31,710

Hiawatha Horse Park
Total Purse:  $53,200
Total Handle: $36,704

Kawartha Downs
Total Purse:  $121,150
Total Handle: $22,413

Family run businesses going bankrupt and these shit holes still in operation thanks to the tax payers handouts

whiptherabbit

• Elite
Re: 2021 Ontario Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 07:03:08 AM »
$5000? That’s a big day for them!

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
What is that Miami Racing in Canada?  Fair Racing?

$5,000 handle for 10 races yesterday.
Fair type track in Manitoba

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 05:19:07 PM »
Bunch of shooters there

Frank the Zipper

• Stakes Horse
  • Shoot 'em up
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 07:31:37 PM »
Seriously, Why do these tracks keep open. They don't make any money. Who's paying the bill?

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
Saturday August 14

Hanover Raceway
Total Purse:  $111,600
Total Handle: $51,824

Hiawatha Horse Park
Total Purse:  $53,600
Total Handle: $45,896

Kawartha Downs
Total Purse:  $41,600
Total Handle: $26,326

Sunday August 15

Leamington Raceway
Total Purse:  $50,700
Total Handle: $43,788

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 10:55:25 AM »
thank you wiggles
not sure of your point
many of the purses you show are inflated by oss races
regardless some of the tracks have been doing well with guaranteed pools and upgrading their signal etc
the industry need tracks like this for young trainers and drivers to learn or just for some part timers to own and train a few horses for fun
also there needs to be a place for these horses to race, they cant all race at mohawk etc
and they are actually great places to go on a summer afternoon and see some racing, have a beer and enjoy the afternoon

E E Doogie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 11:10:50 AM »
thank you wiggles
not sure of your point
many of the purses you show are inflated by oss races
regardless some of the tracks have been doing well with guaranteed pools and upgrading their signal etc
the industry need tracks like this for young trainers and drivers to learn or just for some part timers to own and train a few horses for fun
also there needs to be a place for these horses to race, they cant all race at mohawk etc

THAT THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I MAY HAVE EVER READ.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT WELFARE STATES, THE HORSES AND HORSEMEN WHO RACE THERE DONT DESERVE THE HANDOUTS FROM TAXPAYERS. IF THEY CANT CUT IT AT THE BETTER TRACKS, THEY DONT BELONG IN THE BUSINESS.  THE TIME TO SHRINK THIS BUSINESS IS NOW

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 12:39:38 PM »
don't concern yourself
 the Canadian  government has just wasted billions of Canadian  taxpayers money
it sends  hundreds millions out of the country to third world countires for god knows what
this little bit is a rounding error
so if that is your onyy argument it is weak
if this money allows canadians to be employed and do what they enjoy and allows other canadians to ernjoy an afternoon at the races than i am all for it

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 09:21:29 PM »
don't concern yourself
 the Canadian  government has just wasted billions of Canadian  taxpayers money
it sends  hundreds millions out of the country to third world countires for god knows what
this little bit is a rounding error
so if that is your onyy argument it is weak
if this money allows canadians to be employed and do what they enjoy and allows other canadians to ernjoy an afternoon at the races than i am all for it

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 08:06:55 AM »
THAT THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I MAY HAVE EVER READ.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT WELFARE STATES, THE HORSES AND HORSEMEN WHO RACE THERE DONT DESERVE THE HANDOUTS FROM TAXPAYERS. IF THEY CANT CUT IT AT THE BETTER TRACKS, THEY DONT BELONG IN THE BUSINESS.  THE TIME TO SHRINK THIS BUSINESS IS NOW

I elect you as Racing Czar, couldn't agree more. When Subway came around, all the little Ma & Pop sub shops disappeared. Same with introduction of Walmart and Dunkin Donuts and so on. It's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't.  All -- and I mean ALL -- of the tracks in Canada and most in the US are on slot welfare support, period.  Without the handouts, they close, plain and simple. Stupid horsemen cry poor me anytime the notion of ending slot welfare funding is raised, but do absolutely nothing to prepare for the day when it does happen.  I welcome the day it happens, because then all that we'll have are the Subways, Walmarts and Dunkin Donuts (i.e. Burke, Alagna, Bongiorno, Moreau, Auciello, etc...) and then the playing field will be leveled because everyone will be a drug cheat. It might be a good thing for the business.  We'll see soon enough...

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 09:07:14 AM »
DeeJennerit Subway sells the worst sandwich on the planet, Walmart has nothing but imported junk that put North American workers out of work and Dunkin Donuts has garbage coffee and don't call them donuts. If that is the best you can come up with don't bother. These smaller Ontario tracks have short seasons and because they are rural the fans who vacation in the area spend their money in the area and the track is a day or night out for them and the locals. When the big city trainers and drivers race at these smaller tracks it's for Sire Stakes which draws a few extra fans but the regulars will watch rather than bet unlike a normal day or night.

What a retard. I can't even be bothered to reply. Anyone worth having a conversation with realizes what a retard you are, so I don't need to bash the unabashed. Have a good day, Frostbite.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2021, 11:15:34 AM »
I see deejennerit  that you are an economics major...NOT!!
 if you think wal mart is the path to follow for local economies and even countries boy are you out of touch
wal mart and others has almost destroyed the usa economy, eliminating most usa based production to import shit from china
and all those jobs that local people had making decent money in factories( yes union supported most of them) quickly turned into minimum wage jobs working at wal mart
and now the usa dances to the beat of china and others, trump could see the problem
if you think local horse racing is a serious issue or drain on economies and government funds you need to taker a wider look at things
the deficit is so large it likely never gets paid back anyway
so chill and enjoy

pylon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »
DeeJennerit Subway sells the worst sandwich on the planet, Walmart has nothing but imported junk that put North American workers out of work and Dunkin Donuts has garbage coffee and don't call them donuts. If that is the best you can come up with don't bother. These smaller Ontario tracks have short seasons and because they are rural the fans who vacation in the area spend their money in the area and the track is a day or night out for them and the locals. When the big city trainers and drivers race at these smaller tracks it's for Sire Stakes which draws a few extra fans but the regulars will watch rather than bet unlike a normal day or night.

Good post Ice

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »
Good post Ice
Iceman, what is going on with your girl, Casie? Now stabled in New Jersey, selling house in Canada and spending most of her time in Florida. Very confusing.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal