Author Topic: Lyons William  (Read 5257 times)

Pacingqueen

• Open / FFA
Lyons William
« on: July 06, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »
What happened last night at Yonkers? I see he DNF and the dynamic torture duo of Bongiorno’s claimed him for $40,000. Hope he’s okay, friendly and gorgeous looking horse.
With Love,
Pacing Queen

bond

• Elite
Re: Lyons William
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 12:41:03 PM »
Over at Gateway this am- I heard that the horse broke a pastern. Joe Bongiorno threatening to sue because he said The trainer and Stratton knew the horse was lame-but Strattons connections in the race Office told Stratton that he was getting claimed-so Stratton just got him behind the gate walked off the gate(horse can usually leave like a runner) went a 1/4 mile and pulled him up- with Joe sitting behind him with another horse watching his claim break down in front of his eyes. The Yonkers Vet apparently just sits watching daytime television and doesnt pay attention to horses on the track-so understandably Joe upset that he got ripped off. My concern is with the horse--if they knew he was lame-trainer and Stratton should all be suspended and RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED!!.
Do like they do in the T Breds--you have 24 hours to return a claim-either through injury sustained during a race--or the horse pulled up lame and is still lame 24 hours later--you can void the claim.
This would have avoided the BS that happened last night.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:23:17 PM »
Over at Gateway this am- I heard that the horse broke a pastern. Joe Bongiorno threatening to sue because he said The trainer and Stratton knew the horse was lame-but Strattons connections in the race Office told Stratton that he was getting claimed-so Stratton just got him behind the gate walked off the gate(horse can usually leave like a runner) went a 1/4 mile and pulled him up- with Joe sitting behind him with another horse watching his claim break down in front of his eyes. The Yonkers Vet apparently just sits watching daytime television and doesnt pay attention to horses on the track-so understandably Joe upset that he got ripped off. My concern is with

the horse--if they knew he was lame-trainer and Stratton should all be suspended and RULES NEED TO BE CHANGED!!.
Do like they do in the T Breds--you have 24 hours to return a claim-either through injury sustained during a race--or the horse pulled up lame and is still lame 24 hours later--you can void the claim.
This would have avoided the BS that happened last night.

If the horse was that lame warming up why did bozo put n a claim?

bond

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 01:43:12 PM »

I believe at Yonkers ALL claims have to be put in before the first race-horse wasnt in till later.

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 01:50:52 PM »
You can still pull a claim a half hour before scheduled post time in most places. The horse might never have warmed up. in new york you do not have to

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
Not to worry, folks. With the brilliant Jenny Bongiorno's training talents, this horse will be going in 1:48 at Jeff Gural's integrity first, Pig M, within 2 weeks. Jenny's high IQ, along with her amazing insight to training, will magically heal this horse, and setting new life marks. The future of harness racing, jenny Da Ho.

Sincerely, Silent One

bond

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 03:44:01 PM »
Not to worry, folks. With the brilliant Jenny Bongiorno's training talents, this horse will be going in 1:48 at Jeff Gural's integrity first, Pig M, within 2 weeks. Jenny's high IQ, along with her amazing insight to training, will magically heal this horse, and setting new life marks. The future of harness racing, jenny Da Ho.

Sincerely, Silent One
Is there anyone in Harness Racing you actually like?? or is it just all hatemongering you can come up with?

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »
Is there anyone in Harness Racing you actually like?? or is it just all hatemongering you can come up with?

Is there anyone's ass in harness racing you won't kiss? The so called sport is infested with scum. Until the scum is purged, the so called sport can not get better. You might as well apply for a job with the United States Train wreck Association. The Bongiorno's are a cancer to harness racing. Jeff Gural, Mr. Integrity, allows this scumbag family to continue to screw over other harness whoresmen, their families, along with the most important PEOPLE of all, THE CUSTOMERS. It is individuals, such as yourself, who harm harness racing, by defending cheating, criminal scum.

Sincerely, Silent One

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 04:54:25 PM »

Unlike most other tracks, Yonkers does not require horses to warm up. Last night the horse didn’t warm up. It’s very suspicious. Word is the track officials told Stratton a claim was in so instead of scratching, they left him in. Horrible!!!!

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »
claiming is a cruel game not for the faint of heart its a short cut to racing rather than develeping your own stock thats just the way it is if they knew he was lame why would they bite the bullet for 40grand knowing he was claimed just good buisness

PACINGMAN

• NW-1
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »
The horse did warm up. I was there. Not sure where you're getting your information from.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 06:35:33 PM »
if you claim a lame horse you own it

always a risk in the claiming game

Pacingqueen

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 06:47:13 PM »
The horse did warm up. I was there. Not sure where you're getting your information from.

I heard horse warmed up. I also hear Yonkers rules are all claims in before the first race BUT you are allowed to pull claim up to 20-30 min before post of the race your claiming. Guess Jen should of done her homework and watched the horse warm up. They are not suing anyone, if anything there is a line wrapped around NJ looking to sue them  ngc3

In time, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not 2 years, BUT in time they will come crashing down.
With Love,
Pacing Queen

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 08:34:54 PM »
you can pull your claim right after the horse warms up if you don't like the way it looks

if you leave it in, you can't litigate, it's your risk

you claim it, you own it, and you may not like it

I lost one for about $30,000 at Yonkers, broke a in the race, never raced again

buyer beware

• 4 claimer
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 12:49:56 PM »
I was under the impression that if you put a claim in on a horse that the horse must complete the race and cross the finish line. After that it's yours no matter what. Can anyone explain the rule??

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal