Author Topic: A Blast from the past, Aussie Trotter destroying the best Pacers in Aussie  (Read 4410 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
42 years ago.

How often do you see a trotter destroy FFA pacers twice. In the final he was run down by Rip Van Winkle. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZi1qnzMHQ0

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
That seems impossible. Thanks for the link.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Harness Stats

I do remember that when it happened.  My take on it at the time was that Australian pacers really suck and I kept that thought until maybe just in the past few years.  Horses brought over here from down under that actually performed well were always New Zealanders.

I remember the week after Armbro Nesbit won in a personal best at Yonkers in 1973 or 74 he went against Royal Ascot N  a nice horse.  Nesbit got pounded at the windows and got beat by the New Zealander.  No Australian horse could have done that then and maybe for another thirty years.

Todays Aussies are much better than they used to be but in general the N's are better and hold up longer.

hot2trot

• Top Claimer
I do remember that when it happened.  My take on it at the time was that Australian pacers really suck and I kept that thought until maybe just in the past few years.  Horses brought over here from down under that actually performed well were always New Zealanders.

I remember the week after Armbro Nesbit won in a personal best at Yonkers in 1973 or 74 he went against Royal Ascot N  a nice horse.  Nesbit got pounded at the windows and got beat by the New Zealander.  No Australian horse could have done that then and maybe for another thirty years.

Todays Aussies are much better than they used to be but in general the N's are better and hold up longer.

what do you think is the reason the N's are better than the A's?

hot2trot

• Top Claimer
coolest post   thanks for this  ;D

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
what do you think is the reason the N's are better than the A's?
Better USA sires and dams in N then A
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal