Author Topic: Pompano corruption  (Read 21663 times)

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
Re: Pompano corruption
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
WRENN AND WALLIS HAVE BEEN DOING EACH OTHER FAVORS FOR DECADES.  THEY TAG TEAMED HAZEL PARK. GIVE AND GO, PROVIDE THE OTHER HOLES

They and Hennessey have had a deal for more than20 years at Pompano.........g et to the one leading by the wire..1st time around.....they get an easy pass....but must keep on driving.   Never have to discuss anything before a race.  Wallis is generally betting on himself...at Pompano.......... ......but with Hennessy and Wrenn......they love to play little games...with the bettors money

Hennessy  is very tight with several trainers....and the games are on

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 06:02:34 PM »
It's amazing how much info you people have when you are really just guessing at things with no first hand knowledge. According to you folks most horseman should be millionaires with all the money they seem to make form betting. Makes me laugh because you actually know nothing!

HomewardBound

• Top Claimer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »
It's amazing how much info you people have when you are really just guessing at things with no first hand knowledge. According to you folks most horseman should be millionaires with all the money they seem to make form betting. Makes me laugh because you actually know nothing!

Rick plano, peter wrenn and kevin wallis have all been involved with documented race fixing, that is first hand indisputable information.   Mark beckwith has been asked to leave jurisdictions in at least maryland, new york, and new jersey for issues in races he has been involved with, again first hand knowledge.   I cannot speak for their current cash on hand, but look at their gear, their trucks, the trailers, its evident they arent hurting.   Your defense us laughable.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 08:41:12 PM »
I watched Peter Wrenn stiff 3 horses from the same stable until they were down several classes then he claimed one of the horses and Gordon Norris claimed the other one. Needless to say they both made huge improvement.

How many years ago that been

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 08:51:00 PM »
Rick plano, peter wrenn and kevin wallis have all been involved with documented race fixing, that is first hand indisputable information.   Mark beckwith has been asked to leave jurisdictions in at least maryland, new york, and new jersey for issues in races he has been involved with, again first hand knowledge.   I cannot speak for their current cash on hand, but look at their gear, their trucks, the trailers, its evident they arent hurting.   Your defense us laughable.

I remember Kevin Wallis being suspended for race fixing in Michigan back in 2010, but wasn't he later cleared?
I don't remember Rick Plano or Peter Wrenn.

Any info or link?

I have no skin in this question, I dont know any of these guys, but I have seen plenty of unsubstantiated claims.

HomewardBound

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 09:09:36 PM »
I remember Kevin Wallis being suspended for race fixing in Michigan back in 2010, but wasn't he later cleared?
I don't remember Rick Plano or Peter Wrenn.

Any info or link?

I have no skin in this question, I dont know any of these guys, but I have seen plenty of unsubstantiated claims.

Rick plano https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1988-03-23-8803020961-story.html

Peter wrenn http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Peter-Wrenn-receives-suspension-from-IHRC-106247

Thats just quick search.   You dont have to look far to see how intertwined beckwith is with multiple barns, its obvious he has some influence into race outcomes.

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 09:24:11 PM »
Rick plano https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1988-03-23-8803020961-story.html

Peter wrenn http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Peter-Wrenn-receives-suspension-from-IHRC-106247

Thats just quick search.   You dont have to look far to see how intertwined beckwith is with multiple barns, its obvious he has some influence into race outcomes.

Thanks

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 09:31:00 PM »
odd to have almost a 30 per cent win rate and be that much of a crook. you compare everything to years ago but not in the present. horses have bad days just as humans. they are not machines. everytime they get beat does not mean they were stiffed. i never said that certain people were not involved with race fixing, i stated it does not happen often as you seem to make it out.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 10:42:00 PM »
I'm with iceman on this.

In addition, if you read my comment above,   I didn't present as a criminal trial judge. I didn't claim any convictions. I said a lot of suspicious characters which were enough for ME to be convinced not to play there. I followed some of these  accounts in the press at the time and they definitely colored my opinion of the people involved.  Is amusing to me that all these converge on pompano every winter. And in years past I watched quite a few cards there. Saw enough for me to be convinced not to play pompano.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 11:08:00 PM »
all charges get dropped which proves that governments are either crooked or they can be beat, take your pick.

Crooked. Extremely. It's sickening.

June b

• 4 claimer
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 09:21:05 AM »
They hire the cheapest judges they can find!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 09:28:07 AM »
The last thing many State Racing Commissions want is a policing action that may wind up in court. Not in the spirt of protecting gamblers and horsemen. More to due with competency and cost to build a case and adjudicate.
 Bottom line, they place little if any political value on doing the right thing. To them , harness racing is the cross they bare.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021, 11:07:40 AM »
Imma guess no one on this thread hit the Hi-5 last night.  ngc3 ngc3

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 11:34:03 AM »
State Racing Commissions don't have or can't convince their higher powers to fund an investigation or complaint. They see no value in a decision, one way or the other.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2021, 01:11:53 PM »
Imma guess no one on this thread hit the Hi-5 last night.  ngc3 ngc3

Like I'm gonna tell any of you saps.  I got beat for 500 last time I bragged.  Same jew that got that banded guy.  I aint lyin.....

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal