Author Topic: Monticello last Thursday Kyle D taken down for jamming  (Read 3025 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
Monticello last Thursday Kyle D taken down for jamming
« on: November 19, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »
Okay first question is -- why the hell would I be watching replays from Monticello next week. Believe me I am asking the same question. But hey I'm on quarantine and am that freaking bored.

Anyway - Last Thursday, race 2, Kyle D is on the favorite at 2-5, seats everyone then after getting a quarter in the slop in 29.0 gets taken down after the middle of the pack got jammed up.

Interesting to see the judges were paying that much attention. Was it warranted ? I'm still out on the decision, but hey, you notice dumb stuff when there is nothing else going on.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
Re: Monticello last Thursday Kyle D taken down for jamming
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »
Too busy counting # 5's

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
Okay first question is -- why the hell would I be watching replays from Monticello next week. Believe me I am asking the same question. But hey I'm on quarantine and am that freaking bored.

Anyway - Last Thursday, race 2, Kyle D is on the favorite at 2-5, seats everyone then after getting a quarter in the slop in 29.0 gets taken down after the middle of the pack got jammed up.

Interesting to see the judges were paying that much attention. Was it warranted ? I'm still out on the decision, but hey, you notice dumb stuff when there is nothing else going on.

Ha. This rule is f÷/×ed up the way its enforced. First, average fan doesn't understand concept at all - especially since so rarely enforced. So when some n ag is taken down it really pisses off any folks who thought they were winners.

Amusing in this instance though. Isn't a 29 quarter in the Slop a blistering pace at Monticello.  ngc3 ngc3

Probably wasn't the pace that caused jam up. Maybe some horse hit one of the potholes on that track. Or hit a wine bottle thrown by one of the drivers.  ngc3

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 04:36:00 PM »
Isn't the track rule just the opposite of the first rule of the road when you get your DL, Keep left except to pass?  Why didn't they just put their blinker on, pull out, and pass?

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »
Same track that let two #5's race together. What a bunch of pathetic morons

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 07:16:19 PM »
He be jammin ?
He who laughs last, laughs best.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
I caught bob Marley be jamming at Lennox mass @1979. I be rolling; he be jamming. Better time than a match race of two 5's at Monticello. ngc3

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 07:35:42 PM »
Ha. This rule is f÷/×ed up the way its enforced. First, average fan doesn't understand concept at all - especially since so rarely enforced. So when some n ag is taken down it really pisses off any folks who thought they were winners.

Amusing in this instance though. Isn't a 29 quarter in the Slop a blistering pace at Monticello.  ngc3 ngc3

Probably wasn't the pace that caused jam up. Maybe some horse hit one of the potholes on that track. Or hit a wine bottle thrown by one of the drivers.  ngc3
Watching Kyle D's hands on video, didn't look like he grabbed in, more along the line that once he cleared down the backside, he wasn't chasing to get to the front.

So I watched a couple today, there was a race that the front runner did appear to grab in, quarter in 28.3 and backed up to 31.3 second quarter that sent one horse to the outside abruptly and one dove to the inside  until everyone got settled. NO CALL

Still out on my thinking  about the whole rule. You can't judge by time. A driver could grab in and get someone hurt in a matter of 50 yards. On the other hand if it is a slow quarter and everyone remains lined up -- then freakin pull.

Again -- just found it interesting that the judges called this one a DQ   --- maybe studying the fraction times so much they didn't catch a couple of 5's in the same race  ngc3

VicD

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »
He be jamm

I had the 5-5 exacta and I can't believe I didn't cash.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    Today at 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    Today at 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    Today at 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    Today at 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    Today at 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    Today at 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    Today at 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    Today at 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal