Author Topic: Is Jonkers going to daytime racing ?  (Read 3718 times)

In front

• Stakes Horse
Is Jonkers going to daytime racing ?
« on: November 02, 2020, 12:39:41 PM »
Joe Faraldough thinks so
I am not Jerry Clark and I have no affiliation with in front racing

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Is Jonkers going to daytime racing ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »
MAKES SENSE ,,POCONO DID IT,,

THEY COMPETE WITH BIGM

ONLY TRACK THEY GOTTA OUT WATCH IS MONTICELLO AND SARTOGA

AND MEADOWS
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

yonkersjeff

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »

FAKE NEWS

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »
Looks that way for next year. They said Freehold is non existent. Only game in town .

In front

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 02:39:36 PM »

FAKE NEWS

Jeff, you got a lot to learn.

Date: October 30, 2020 at 6:01:28 PM EDT
To: Robert Williams <robert.williams@gaming.ny.gov>, Ronald Ochrym <Ronald.Ochrym@gaming.ny.gov>, Peter Venaglia <venaglia@svhflaw.com>, JONI YOSWEIN <joni@yny.com>, "Jamie Van. Bramer" <jamie@yny.com>, Jeffrey Denman <jeff@yny.com>, tmctygue@aol.com
Subject: Continued opposition to YR daytime racing

What happens, if Yonkers Raceway is permitted to go to daytime?

Trainers, shippers and grooms will be forced to travel to and from in rush hour traffic
Trainers need to add help at their barns to do the work of those traveling to the racetrack during the day
Increased expenses to owners for the additional pass along of added expenses
Experienced NYS Gaming Commission personnel might have to quit and racing would lose valuable personnel
Union workers would lose jobs unless they have seniority and they would bump those without the same or greater seniority
Simulcasting signal would face more competition during the day than it does at night, including bucking the nation’s premier signal -NYRA Gulfstream
Simulcasting handle will fall
Revenue stream to NYSS would suffer from it percentage of on track and simulcast wagering at the state’s biggest harness economic engine
Drivers would have to choose what track to race at and their opportunity to race afternoon and evenings currently being done will be severely diminished along with their income
MGM’s Northfield,Ohio property and other night signals will benefit, if YR gives up nights that is not in the best interests of NY Racing

I hope you consider these concerns, thanks . Enjoy the weekend and stay safe above all.
I am not Jerry Clark and I have no affiliation with in front racing

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »
 The handle there is practically nothing. It makes sense to move their money losing business to afternoons. Allowing for more parking for paying customers in the evening. It would make more sense to just eliminate harness racing at Yonkers, and in compensation to the crooked whoresmen that race there, they all get a cardboard box to live out of. Win Win scenario. More tax dollars for the cash strapped state of New York, and criminals living in boxes.

Sincerely, Silent One

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 08:44:14 PM »
most every race is predetermind

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 03:20:57 AM »
Racing stays...its in agreement..period .

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 08:19:56 AM »
Maybe look for a better niche like 4;00 PM where Monticello and Freehold are winding down and the Meadows is all but over!  Horses on lasix don't have to leave at 5 in the morning and the rush hour traffic becomes a lesser issue!  Nothing to lose as going head to head with traditional daytime tracks and thoroughbreds is suicide!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
Maybe look for a better niche like 4;00 PM where Monticello and Freehold are winding down and the Meadows is all but over!  Horses on lasix don't have to leave at 5 in the morning and the rush hour traffic becomes a lesser issue!  Nothing to lose as going head to head with traditional daytime tracks and thoroughbreds is suicide!
Going head to head with established market that has little interest in your product is poor business. But, that matters if it is additional market share is what you desire.
 My best guess is, MGM is not interested in a say 10% increase in handle. That would net them maybe $1,500 a card.
By going daytime, the operational savings would probably be the same.

I think there maybe a greater play in here. The switch to daytime racing must be approved by the Gaming commission but, more importantly, NYRA. If NYRA was to give up their position to allow Yonkers to conduct live daytime racing, it reduces Joe's leverage for additional future cooperation with NYRA.
 In any event, I think MGM gets what they want.   

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 01:01:29 PM »

good idea!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    Today at 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    Today at 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    Today at 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    Today at 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    Today at 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    Today at 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    Today at 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    Today at 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal