Author Topic: INTEGRITY ACT  (Read 13587 times)

Dingus

Re: INTEGRITY ACT
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »
There is too much to say or write in response to this "letter." Far too much.
To condense the whole thing:
It took you and the industry HOW LONG to figure this out and get something done?
In the last 10-15 years, how many millions/billions of dollars have people been cheated out of?
How many horses went to the scrap heap (not a cemetery)?
Anyone who followed the game knew who the cheaters were but YOU, the governing bodies and regulatory agencies did NOT? Impossible.
You let the sport get to where it is today, now live with it..

This should be forwarded to Russell Williams at the USTA, but he doesn’t have an email address on the website.
Take a look:
http://www.ustrotting.com/contact.cfm

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
This should be forwarded to Russell Williams at the USTA, but he doesn’t have an email address on the website.
Take a look:
http://www.ustrotting.com/contact.cfm

Try Hanovers website maybe.

Dingus

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »
His email along with all the director's emails  are listed under
directors. Far left under USTA.

Got it. Thanks

http://www.ustrotting.com/directors.cfm

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2020, 08:17:53 AM »
Want to hear from the Useless Twatting Association concerning the Whorse Racing Integrity Act. I wonder if the the Useless Twatting Association representatives told Congress that they ONLY write rules concerning FAIR RACING but want to self promote themselves as a MAJOR PLAYER in the harness industry. Much like DJT, Gooooffffrrraaall lllll and the Useless Twatting Association need we wonder why NOTHING gets accomplished for the betterment of Harness Racing. DJT, Gooooffffrrraaall lllll and the Useless Twatting Association (Russell Williams) only have 1 thing in mind, want can I do for ME  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
you need to materiel

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »
New material you say. This is the same presentation that the USELESS TWATTING "ASS"OCIATION, Fill Langley, Fred Noe, Jefffiieee Gooofffrrrraaalll l, Jason Settlehisnuts, Russell Williams, the NJRC and many many others have promised. At least 30 years of the same bullshit giving new fans (are there any) the appearance things are moving in the right direction. Far from it  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 09:25:20 AM »
USTA Opposes Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act of 2020 (HISA)
September 9, 2020, from the USTA Communications Department
Share via:

More
Columbus, OH – The newly introduced Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act of 2020 (HISA) is, like its predecessors, a Thoroughbred bill written by elite Thoroughbred interests in an attempt to address elite Thoroughbred problems.  Indeed, Senate Majority Leader McConnell’s bill did not include Standardbreds or other breeds, and the press release that  announced the bill repeatedly cited only Thoroughbred racing and its interests. So glad the writer is not biased.... it's not thoroughbred interests, it's ELITE thoroughbred interests.

The bill has since been bastardized by an array of outside interests, and harness racing again has been pulled into the mix. if harness racing wasn't included the story would probably be that the ELitE Runner industry excluded us A review of the revised language reveals that the bill now is a virtual clone of H.R. 1754 (Horseracing Integrity Act of 2019), and will harm, not help, Standardbred horses and the harness racing industry. Harm ? yeah cuz the industry has done so much to help the sport the last decades,,,, but I'm sure leaders were ready to figure it out.  ngc3

While the United States Trotting Association (USTA) strongly supports state-regulated, breed-specific, uniform medication rules for horse racing, the USTA strongly opposes another funny one -- USTA the record keeping business that has done so much for the integrity and growth of the sport for the last 30+ years. the HISA for a number of reasons and sees several areas of significant concern to the Standardbred racing industry.

Lasix (Furosemide)

The legislation seeks to ban the race-day use of Lasix, a universally-accepted therapeutic medication. Universally accepted ? so you are saying that horse racing around the world agrees and every country races horses on lasix ? Veterinarians endorse Lasix as the only known treatment for Exercise Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage (EIPH), a condition that causes varying amounts of bleeding in the lungs of racehorses as well as horses in the wild. Both the American Association of Equine Practitioners and the North American Association of Racetrack Veterinarians support the use of Lasix and oppose this legislation.

Proponents of the ban on the use of Lasix have purposely disseminated misleading information on the percentage of horses that suffer EIPH when they say that only five percent of horses “bleed” during racing.  That statistic is the percentage of horses that suffer epistaxis, the most severe form of EIPH involving patent hemorrhaging from the nose.  In fact, about 90 percent of horses bleed into their lungs during racing, how are there enough horses around the world that race in other countries that ban lasix ? with each bout of EIPH causing irreparable damage to lung tissue.

Lasix is not performance enhancing  not ? well if a horse that needed lasix didn't race on lasix they probably are NOT going to be as fast without lasix - so with lasix they are faster, performance enhancing and, due to the very sensitive capabilities of testing, it cannot be used to mask illegal medications.

Unspecified Funding Mechanism with Extremely Inequitable Costs to Harness Racing

Various proponents of this legislation have indicated that a newly created, private Horse Racing Anti-Doping and Medication Control Authority would be funded by a surcharge to the owners and trainers of every horse in every race.

Standardbreds are a different breed with a significantly different racing performance model than Thoroughbreds.  Since the average Standardbred races 19 times per year while the average Thoroughbred only six, that fee structure would result in three times the cost to Standardbreds compared to Thoroughbreds. so standardbreds have 19 opportunities to earn money as opposed to runners only having 6 opportunities. If I went to McDonalds 19 times per year and my neighbor went 6 times per year -- should my neighbor pay an adjustment to me for me using it more ?

This newly created regulatory body will have to impose additional fees and costs on the industry with no oversight mechanism in place.  Harness racing horsemen will be hit particularly hard because most of them are working-class people.  It will drive many of them out of the business. The writer of this story is completely delusional to think that there is not a huge percentage of thoroughbred owners, trainers, jockeys and grooms who are just making it in the industry..... Basically with the authors use of the word ELITE --- he is writing this as the Kentucky Derby people vs the harness industry.  Some Thoroughbred tracks racing Saturday -- Albuquerqe, Camarero, Charles Town, Delaware Park, Golden Gate,  Lethbridge, Lone Star, Laurel, Los Al, Lousiana, Prairie, Remington, Sweet Water, Will Rogers --- you know those ELITE runners that do not have "working-class people."

Testing and Oversight

The bill mandates a drug-testing authority that has no background in animal testing. A test is a test, you tell the machine what to test. Do you think that your local track vet is sending your blood sample to an equine only testing site ? No, they're sending it to your local Labcorp or whatever local company in town.   The testing authority will be done by a private business – USADA – which tests certain human athletes. Oh No -- USADA ? The company that tests the blood of Olympic athletes --- what the heck do they know ? [/color]

Nowhere in the bill is there mandated ANY consultation requirement with the National Veterinary Service Labs for drug testing or the USDA Veterinary Services.

The bill snatches legitimate authority away from the states, this is a bad thing ? or do we like that states have different levels to trigger a positive or different penalties forcing them to cooperate,  ngc3  and illegally delegates Congressional authority to a private company that is accountable to no elected official. 

The USTA promotes and insists upon the humane and ethical treatment of its horses. yet you condone racing horses that neeare structually unable to race without lasix  - to do so.. Let's dehydrate him so we can him on the track...    Despite its inaccurate title indicating that it will make horses safer, this bill does the opposite.  Whether it is right for Thoroughbred racing – its intended target – is not our concern.  It most certainly is wrong for harness racing, will harm our industryngc3 apparently the writer doesn't know that he is sailing on the Titanic, dude, you're sinking already. and put our horses and participants at risk. 

Great hack job from the USTA --- we don't do anything  --- we haven't done anything  --- we won't do anything --- but we have it all under control..   tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »
Letter from Meadowlands’ Owner Jeff Gural to USTA Directors

I am reaching out to all of you since I really do not want to get into a public feud with the USTA and I thought I would attach a letter that I sent to Russell on the subject of the HRIA legislation.  The reality is this legislation is going to pass.  McConnell spent a month reviewing the legislation to make sure it was constitutional and intentionally left the standardbreds out because the thoroughbreds asked him to in order to avoid USTA opposition.

It has been brought to my attention that the USTA had budgeted $425,000 to oppose the legislation even though the organization is operating at a deficit and they had to lay some people off.  The bottom line is that the legislation is going to pass and my guess is the states that have thoroughbred racing will not want to have the Feds regulate the thoroughbreds and the states regulate the standardbreds so they will opt in and we will have no input.

I really hope that we can avoid a public fight and that the USTA can identify those areas of the legislation that we need changed and we can focus on those changes.  As I mentioned, there are going to be more arrests and the vast majority will likely be standardbred trainers and the optics of us not opting in are going to be awful.  Hopefully we can find a solution as I am committed to ridding the industry to the illegal drugs.

Jeffrey Gural
Chairman
GFP Real Estate, LLC

My answer to Jeff Gooooffffrrrrraaa aallllllllll - Why would you want the USELESS TWATTING Association (that has JURISDICTION over FAIR RACING ONLY) to even get remotely involved in pari-mutuel harness racing. You have told harness racing for years that "I" am the savoir, you LUVVVVVVVVVV harness racing and all the other bs for years now.

Russell Williams answer - STICK IT  73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

http://ustrottingnews.com/usta-president-russell-williams-responds-to-jeff-gural-on-his-letter-to-usta-directors-re-federal-legislation/

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2020, 08:43:33 AM »
Letter from Meadowlands’ Owner Jeff Gural to USTA Directors

I am reaching out to all of you since I really do not want to get into a public feud with the USTA and I thought I would attach a letter that I sent to Russell on the subject of the HRIA legislation.  The reality is this legislation is going to pass.  McConnell spent a month reviewing the legislation to make sure it was constitutional and intentionally left the standardbreds out because the thoroughbreds asked him to in order to avoid USTA opposition.

It has been brought to my attention that the USTA had budgeted $425,000 to oppose the legislation even though the organization is operating at a deficit and they had to lay some people off.  The bottom line is that the legislation is going to pass and my guess is the states that have thoroughbred racing will not want to have the Feds regulate the thoroughbreds and the states regulate the standardbreds so they will opt in and we will have no input.

I really hope that we can avoid a public fight and that the USTA can identify those areas of the legislation that we need changed and we can focus on those changes.  As I mentioned, there are going to be more arrests and the vast majority will likely be standardbred trainers and the optics of us not opting in are going to be awful.  Hopefully we can find a solution as I am committed to ridding the industry to the illegal drugs.

Jeffrey Gural
Chairman
GFP Real Estate, LLC

My answer to Jeff Gooooffffrrrrraaa aallllllllll - Why would you want the USELESS TWATTING Association (that has JURISDICTION over FAIR RACING ONLY) to even get remotely involved in pari-mutuel harness racing. You have told harness racing for years that "I" am the savoir, you LUVVVVVVVVVV harness racing and all the other bs for years now.

Russell Williams answer - STICK IT  73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

http://ustrottingnews.com/usta-president-russell-williams-responds-to-jeff-gural-on-his-letter-to-usta-directors-re-federal-legislation/

@ueenTwat

• NW-1
  • I Shit in the Sink. So the Fuck what?
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »
Optics are not good.  Taking government subsidies for purses but not having government influence.

AMAZING HOW STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS INDUSTRY ARE.

WE ARE NOT TAKING GOVT SUBSIDIES, THEY WANTED TO BUILD ON OUR PROPERTIES AND WE ARE CHARGING THE STATE RENT. IT IS OUR MONEY, NOT THE STATES.

LEARN BEFOR YOU ALL SPEAK, OR JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
If you don’t want govt influence,,,,,then race accordingly to the track handle

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2020, 05:28:08 PM »
AMAZING HOW STUPID PEOPLE IN THIS INDUSTRY ARE.

WE ARE NOT TAKING GOVT SUBSIDIES, THEY WANTED TO BUILD ON OUR PROPERTIES AND WE ARE CHARGING THE STATE RENT. IT IS OUR MONEY, NOT THE STATES.

LEARN BEFOR YOU ALL SPEAK, OR JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP
It took 10 years someone made a post 10x more stupid as Lucpark.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:43 PM »
Last I checked NJ and ONT race with government funds and if the racinos had it there way they would decouple from horse racing in a blink of an eye. They would even make a deal with the government to take that 10-12% funding that racing gets and tell the government here it's yours...do what you want. The racetrack sure could then charge for rent but it will be pennies on the dollar to what they were getting with slot revenue.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2020, 07:43:31 AM »
defund racing

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Time to wake up Admin. Bring back XYZ, this place needs resuscitation.
    April 25, 2024, 01:57:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: This Site has gone completly down hill.  Iceland must be the next Israel.
    April 25, 2024, 01:56:39 PM
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal