Author Topic: Is this a stiff ?  (Read 2075 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
Is this a stiff ?
« on: September 04, 2020, 07:47:48 AM »
Watching replays from last week to see if I can find anything for the  weekend, and I watched a replay from Scioto last Friday.

In a F&M condition race, from the rail a 3yo filly that is trained by the biggest name in the sport, and driven by one of the top drivers at the track.

Has the rail
bet off as a lukewarm favorite.
Gets away fourth.
Sitting third is a 60-1 shot
Another top driver cuts the mile.... gets a 29.4 second quarter
Mile goes in 1:52.1 even with slow quarter

Horse in question sits - gets shuffled to last and rides down the lane.

I look horse up to see when racing next....
Sunday, Scioto in a 300k Final

Before we start and say wahhhhhh, you lost $2.... I didn't.... But even if I did, would a $2 bettor have something to gripe about ?

Is this a stiff --- and should people (which I'm sure they didn't) been called in to explain ??

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
Re: Is this a stiff ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 08:03:35 AM »
i would say that was a tightener for the final. Unfortunate for anyone who bet on her. Most of these guys really don't care about the betting public

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 08:08:02 AM »
Also, as far as being called in...depends on the judges and how bad it looked. They can just say she was off. Hard to prove she wasn't. If she wins Sundays final i can guarantee the connections will get called in. But it will just be a talking to and threats and 95% of the time nothing will come of it.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 08:13:26 AM »
i would say that was a tightener for the final. Unfortunate for anyone who bet on her. Most of these guys really don't care about the betting public
agree, would have been a race to pass cuz you just don't know what games are going to be played....

Another reason, if anyone cares why the sport struggles.

Hello customer --- Please wager your money on our product, we're going to take about 20% off the top, and then you have a 50/50 chance that your selection is even trying...

SIGN ME UP......

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 12:21:45 PM »
 Aug 28 race 6

Action Uncle in a nw $9501 L4 gets in because of the AE nw 10 PM LT. If you watched the race, or just go to USTA site and look at the line, could ANYONE ON EARTH, who isn't blind, and/or corrupt, say that Brett Miller was giving any effort at all to win that race. It is a real simple solution, if they just want to give them a tune up, put them in a qualifier. Stewards are a huge part of why the so called sport is in the condition it is in.

Sincerely, Silent One

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Aug 28 race 6

Action Uncle in a nw $9501 L4 gets in because of the AE nw 10 PM LT. If you watched the race, or just go to USTA site and look at the line, could ANYONE ON EARTH, who isn't blind, and/or corrupt, say that Brett Miller was giving any effort at all to win that race. It is a real simple solution, if they just want to give them a tune up, put them in a qualifier. Stewards are a huge part of why the so called sport is in the condition it is in.

Sincerely, Silent One
correct you are Silent one

another one that just rode around weaving thru traffic late to make it look decent.

Now some may say --- bettor beware ! shame on them and it's their own fault.

on same last card last Friday -- Steve Carter who has a second favorite in 3yo filly pace won and did it off a hard trip. Had bad cover and had to grind down older mares to get the win....

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal