Author Topic: Papi Rob Hanover- Meadows Adios Elimination  (Read 14057 times)

Dingus

Papi Rob Hanover- Meadows Adios Elimination
« on: July 25, 2020, 03:34:18 PM »
147:1- fastest race ever at The Meadows

Sweet Louis

• Top Claimer
Re: Papi Rob Hanover- Meadows Adios Elimination
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
Yea that was some mile..47.1 on that track is unreal.

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »
Sad what drugs have done to the industry

Brutus Buckeye

• Stakes Horse
  • O H 1 O
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 05:01:05 PM »
First cut is in

High Quality Hay and Oats!

Harnessfan902

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »
Rumors are broke down after race.    I hope it’s incorrect

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 07:55:40 PM »
Rumors are broke down after race.    I hope it’s incorrect

Wow terrible if true

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 08:12:27 PM »
horse was a monster today, Purple Jesus did ok. I guess he has not lost it, maybe its real cool sam

Dingus

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 08:46:32 PM »
horse was a monster today, Purple Jesus did ok. I guess he has not lost it, maybe its real cool sam

WASHINGTON, PA, July 25, 2020--Papi Rob Hanover blazed his way to the $375,000 final of the Delvin Miller Adios Pace for the Orchids in a world record 1:47.1, a world record for a 3-year-old colt on a five-eighths mile track. Also winning eliminations Saturday at The Meadows were The Greek Freak and Catch The Fire.

Joining the three winners in the Aug. 1 final are Later Dudes, Chief Mate, No Lou Zing, Sweet Truth, Capt Midnight and Elver Hanover. Connections of the elimination winners will choose their post positions Tuesday, with their order of selection determined by random draw. All other post positions will be randomly drawn.

The Meadowlands Pace runner-up, Papi Rob Hanover was comfortably in front after quarter-poling to the point for David Miller following Captain Barbossa's unrealistic 25.3 opening panel. The son of Somebeachsomewher e-Panera Hanover reached three-quarters in 1:20.3, but he wasn't done yet, clicking off the final panel in 26.3. Sweet Truth was second-placed third,10-1/2 lengths back, while No Lou Zing was elevated to second.

Brett Pelling, who trains Papi Rob Hanover for David McDuffee, said he wasn't concerned that the swift mile might leave him short next week.

"He came out of the Meadowlands Pace great, and he proves he needs to race. He just needs more racing," Pelling said. "Every race has been better than the one before, so he's on the right track.

"Could he bounce off that? He's a big, strong horse. Nothing's ever knocked him around yet, so he'll be fine."

The time knocked a tick from Betting Line's previous world record. In addition, the mile is the fastest ever paced at The Meadows, lowering Bolt The Duer's former standard of 1:47.4.

chester

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 10:45:44 PM »
I hope its not true, but a friend of mine in the business says broken coffin bone, career over

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 12:21:18 AM »
We shall see . Brett is miserable in the morning we know

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
He didn't look sound after the race.
discussed on a facebook page that he pulled up badly and walked back to the paddock very sore by horsemen.
But then you read the Pelling interview regarding how fast he went and he didn't seem concerned... Sure Pelling has something for 'that'

Poker King

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 08:08:37 AM »
I hope its not true, but a friend of mine in the business says broken coffin bone, career over
Could just be a foot abscess they look the same. Shadow Play was broken bone lame after the 1st heat of the Jug. The blacksmith cut the foot until he got to it put a bar shoe on and within an hour he won the 2nd and final heat of the Jug. Hopefully that’s all it is. If it’s a coffin bone break that also depends on what part of the bone it is and if it’s operable or not.

Seamus11

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 10:27:10 AM »
Let’s be real though, either way, there is ZERO reason to push him to a 47.1 esp if not for huge money and/or in the Finals of a series.  Not saying it couldn’t happened at any speed... but definitely pushed him wwaaayyy to hard.

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
Yes , remember Glidemaster before the Hambo elimination couldn’t walk they had the blacksmith on him day and night . Blair Burgess was thinking scratch him but they got him put back together. If it’s soft tissue who knows ?

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
typically I ask -- do times matter anymore ?

but then doing that mile winning by 10 kinda shows me how fast he was.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    Today at 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal