Author Topic: The Cheaters Are Still Cheating  (Read 8083 times)

swoodall

The Cheaters Are Still Cheating
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »
With only a small sample size to judge from it looks like the arrests made earlier in the year have had no affect on the cheaters.

It looks like business as usual for the known and suspected cheaters, none appear to have skipped a beat.

The mysterious Dex positive gang whom many have a long rap sheet anyway are not scared.

So what if anything has changed?

Other than some pious lip service and a few barn moves with a new beard or two, what really has changed?

Granted life has changed for those arrested but I'm talking about harness racing in general.

How has the game improved or was these arrests just blowing smoke up our asses again?

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
Re: The Cheaters Are Still Cheating
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
With only a small sample size to judge from it looks like the arrests made earlier in the year have had no affect on the cheaters.

It looks like business as usual for the known and suspected cheaters, none appear to have skipped a beat.

The mysterious Dex positive gang whom many have a long rap sheet anyway are not scared.

So what if anything has changed?

Other than some pious lip service and a few barn moves with a new beard or two, what really has changed?

Granted life has changed for those arrested but I'm talking about harness racing in general.

How has the game improved or was these arrests just blowing smoke up our asses again?

point well taken.  look at the winning trainer percentages at the ohio tracks that opened first.  some of the frequent winners just cannot be that much better than the other hard working trainers.  In fact, it's the usual suspects, so to speak, ignoring any spirit of fair play and definitely not worried abut the horses. 

AND, it sure does not appear that the Ohio state nor the tracks have any problem w/ it.  We'll see if there's any tiny effect of these arrests when Hoosier opens next week.  They've sent out preliminary letters about horses of the violators and cautions about the vets.  So, obviously, Indiana isn't totally ignoring

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
Its like ped's in sports. Some big names get caught and for a while it's news, but in the end the cheaters keep right on cheating

Realfullswedge

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 06:07:44 PM »
Its an addiction...…. every trainer I know that starts using something and has good results cannot race without it. if anything, these guys will be more careful to not get caught. Instead of being a better trainer they will be a better criminal. They convince themselves they are doing what it takes to be competitive. Too many degenerate crooks that latch on to this profession. Care, jog, shoe and train your own horses......Then your a trainer. I walk past these guys in the paddock and laugh, I respect the trainers that deserve the earned respect.
I truly enjoy watching my babies grow and race out of mares I raced. its really cool to see what traits they inherit and the stud impact. I would never ruin a horse internally to make more money or better a training percentage to pull more owners. Just enjoy the business

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 10:34:56 PM »
well stated fullswedge unfortunetly people like u are forced out of the buisness

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
Everyone can come on this site and bitch an complain about how they cheat, but the only way to stop the cheating and the horse drugging is to literally put your money, or lack thereof, where your mouth is!

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO CHANGE THIS GAME. BETTORS NEED TO STOP BETTING UNTIL CHANGE IS MADE. WITH THE HANDLES NOT DECREASING, BUT RATHER INCREASING DUE TO ADW'S, DO NOT PLAN ON ANYTHING CHANGING IN ANY BREED OF RACING ANYTIME SOON.

The gambling dollar (Horse wagering) doesn't mean anything anymore. The purses are funded by slot money now.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 12:10:09 AM »
The gambling dollar (Horse wagering) doesn't mean anything anymore. The purses are funded by slot money now.

xactly right.  So, the fact of the matter is the racing commissions need to bust the cheater and - and !!! then enforce the penalties.  it is a silly scam at the present w/ every violation carrying a penalty over $100 - then appealed and then reduced.

earlier I mentioned that Indiana seems to be ready to bounce the gas men out.  I've seen 3 memos from IRC on the subject of dealing w/ cheaters and violations.  Ohio was the first state back racing  -  how many bulletins from the OSRC  specifying their plan to crack down.  not one damned memo.   

swoodall

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 03:22:09 PM »
So I think after this weekend I can safely say there is one stable maybe two that has felt an effect.

Andy and Julie can't hardly get a check much less a win. 91zxa.1

Almost everyone of their horses break at the start. 11.wp

And Jen Bongo's needle is empty, so are her horses. Dead in the stretch. 11.wp

Dingus

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »
So I think after this weekend I can safely say there is one stable maybe two that has felt an effect.

Andy and Julie can't hardly get a check much less a win. 91zxa.1

Almost everyone of their horses break at the start. 11.wp

And Jen Bongo's needle is empty, so are her horses. Dead in the stretch. 11.wp

All the ones at Nicky Sandal's wedding.
Karma?

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 06:09:38 PM »
FOR GOD'S SAKES.
NO one quits until caught. The game goes on.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 10:20:09 PM »
EVERYONE FORCED OUT ON A CRUTCH, RIGHT STEVE?

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:11 PM »
I remember a few months ago when the indictments came down, the USTA said they were going to institute a tip line for suspected cheating. Of course, they never did a fucking thing.

It is still the insider network.  Fact is, the onus is on the state commissions - not really the USTA; and, they willy-nilly do a little testing; but, not w/ any giddy-up.  AND, then when they actually snag a fish in their wholly seived net ... they immediate suck an appeal that results in a pocket change fine and a suspended suspension.   Pretty near impossible for the small stables, working hard to compete.

Realfullswedge

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 10:37:58 AM »
“Hen Party (last trained in a race by Surick last November) tried to enter R13 at the M tonight for Alagna and was declared ineligible”
 Attention should be brought to all horses from all cheating stables, especially Canada. Alagna.........sh ocker

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 07:27:38 PM »
Try it Einstein. Let me know how you make out.
They';ll put in a hotline - Betcha that they will  ?  then what ??

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »
Knowledge is power.

Whoa, THANX !  I just wrote this line down.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal