Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 366615 times)

cigar

• Elite
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #990 on: October 16, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
Horses first
I bet I can name 5 cheap horses that made more $$$$$ than your 2yo this year! How did that work out for you?
As far as stable goes It’s entertainment not an investment you still keep playing the investment card it’s not! And you buy trotters so the chances are even smaller of getting a grand circuit one. And you don’t need a service to subscribe to figure out muscle hill is it. If you want to play the baby game don’t cry when you don’t hit! And don’t knock the stable because it don’t work for you. I’m not a fan of the stable anyways because it’s not my thing, but he is swinging for the fences so give him the ata boy. If you got a better way then start your own! Monday morning quarterbacks are no good. I think I’m gonna buy a share in one for the hell of it now.

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #991 on: October 16, 2020, 02:16:58 PM »
Swandre, being a north of the border homer of the stable you continue to make the case that AM for some reason can't pick out horses. You pick 6 horses, one a two yr old My Jazz, a 3 yr old Globetrotting, and 4 others that are 4 and 5. So 2019 Stable had 60 plus yearlings, 2018 I think it was over 70 could have been 72ish, and before that not sure. So lets assume 175 yearlings over the last 3 buying cycles and yes the freshmen class will have a chance at 3 if stake worthy to advance in earnings. You just gave a 3% example giving your money to AM to go sale to sale look at hundreds of horses. To come back with a large number saying that buying value or his approach, to say give me your money, and charge you 66 US or 88 CDN a day at a minimum. That at 3% shot at best you can own one of those 6 type of horses? Which all those shares probably weren't available any way because the stable itself owns shares of Globetrotting, Lawmaker, and White Tiger. I think AM may fire you as his spokesman because your making the case way this thread exist. Poor horse buying while keeping 3 and 4 yr old horses that can't cover the basic coverage and while a large number are still nw 1, 2, or 3 racing at tracks that offer small purses. His client numbers have stalled in this 800 area for over 2 years and one has to wonder with all those horses that didn't sell last year that how many are really active? So yes another shedrow of broken dreams and high bills for newbie clients that question more and more why the horses don't perform.

are you dense?
I didn’t say he could pick one out better than anyone.
I was merely using an example that you don’t need to over spend to have a contender. I could have listed more cheap yearlings that won stakes.

do you know how difficult it is to win a stake race? let’s use Ohio for example.
there’s probably 1000 foals hit the ground every year, do you know how many stake finals slots there are for that crop of 1000 horses? less than 40. do you know how many of that 1000 earn a cheque in said super final? 20. yet they have horses running in the super finals every year.

look at all the owners who won at Lexington last Sunday. those same owners spent twice the amount of money they made this year on yearlings the previous Monday on day 1 of the Lexington sale. being a ‘successful’ (getting your picture taken) owner in the yearling game isn’t about who can make the most money. It’s who can afford to lose the most. real simple economics. it seems to me The Stable tapped into a market of people who want to own pieces of $20,000 babies and go for the ride

I own pieces of 5, I’m not making any money, I haven’t really lost any either. but I watch my yearlings train down all winter and then race the next summer. that’s all I’m in it for. you seem to have a very hard time accepting that.

you seem like the type who would tell Apple a better way to sell iPhones. You need to get over yourself.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #992 on: October 16, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
BABY GAME IS HARD

LOSE YOUR MONEY ,,,ITS ALWAYS ABOUT HOW MUCH U CAN LOSE NOT HOW MUH U CAN WIN RACING BABIES.... MAYBE TAKE A PIC OR TWO

GETTING IN SUPERFINALS AND RACING ON SUPERNIGHT IS NOT EASY..

ODDS ARE SO HIGH AGAINST
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #993 on: October 16, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »
Cigar yes it's the entertainment angle but that's the pitch, the line, and whatever to GET away from the investment line because you wouldn't be able to sell that. Even on a fractional basis it hasn't taken off. I'm sure with Ron Burkes name he could sell the entertainment angle as well and have a 1,000 horses....if he wanted. He sells investment which churns out sire stake champions, GC participants, breeders crown wins, and most important stud syndication. Takter group as well on a much smaller basis. Ron still races and buys raceway horses that can churn money over expenses. Other top trainers like to turn over 3 yr old horses for capital into new purchases. The stable doesn't because he can't get these cheap animals other then a few % to have any value. How many have they sold this year a dozen maybe 15 and for the most part between 5-8k.

As far as my only sole 100% horse yes raced 4 or 5 times couldn't get his liver numbers down and turned him out. He was a homebred so feel free to name 5 cheap horses doesn't matter don't care I know the game. It is what it is.

Do you honestly think AM thinks this is entertainment if he had a no disclosure conversation? That he can go years after years with such shitty results while charging 66 a day? Give me a break people aren't that stupid and there aren't that many suckers? Gene you know the cost to keep, feed, jog a horse per day. Do you think the stable minimum charge of 66 is acceptable? Also if it adds in the twice a month videos of training down that when July comes the horses are racing or then turned out. Your paying 6 months of drone cost. Or your horse goes to a trainer in PA to race and he charges 40-45 a day but yet your still paying the 66 a day stable charge...does this make sense? Go ahead buy some shares, I still have some as well. Just reporting the things that stick out and screws the owner. Like I have stated before liking the drone sessions to have the transparency of the horse that's were the stable stands apart. Also that not even sized half mile track with harsh winters has seen a lot more injuries this year. Is it the weather, the track, or the horses he has picked out? Not to mention all his horses seem to get allergies? Been in the business 12 years had a number of trainers and never got a excuse that the horse has allergies?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #994 on: October 16, 2020, 03:03:15 PM »
Yes Swandre well aware but the reason he buys cheap is so he can have more volume to create more bills. Why race stakes and do what he did more so this year and race in the fairs. Doing that because he said the horses can't compete in the overnight. The great Royhill training down all year as that 10k spot to race in Ohio 100k race. In May with 30% still opened he begged for more people to take shares because AM didn't want to cover the cost of the stake payment. Well everyone saw the debacle that unfolded after May 15. That turns off people that have been in this business and have seen this enough from other trainers. This was no different. So why give the false premise on many of young horses up to qualifiers saying they are stake worthy when its 100% false? A handful start and stay there and the rest are excusues. It clarifies months later when that two year old still floundering in a nw1, a fair, or turned out. Preach entertainment but please what is so entertaining? Someone to pay a bill and say I watched my horse again finish up the track? Then told we are keeping will be a much better 3 yr old. Well that didn't happen for 95% of the horse he kexcuses. It all looks and smells like a used car salesman to sell or just some sort of scheme for someone that can't make it as a driver, didn't get elected for office, and had to come up with some platform. I suppose it won't be much a issue if the guy did it smaller with intent to buy good horses and sell shares with the ability to race in the state sires or lower stakes with keeping 35-50 head...then having 135-150 head that is more a petting zoo for his owners.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #995 on: October 16, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »
Horses first
I hope you luck, do well with yours.
I’m just busting your balls because you have the Swoodall syndrome and I just don’t like that, that’s all.
And yes cheap horses are my favorite because that’s what I like, the throw aways. Your throw away could be someone’s golden ticket. Like I said if your buying babies your gambling. The whole game is a gamble!

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #996 on: October 16, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
Cigar I don't mind the ball busting and stayed the baby route because buying the raceway can be the unknown. My take has always been the same I look at this business in a negative light racing because of the drugs, the scammers, the do nothing commissions, and so forth. I stayed in it for the positive the horse mainly but the friendships over time. I wagered on thoroughbreds for nearly 20 years before owning horses. I think the whole cost structure is flawed and the whole vet thing is a scam. Every penny I took out of the business with a number of good horses I put back into the industry while adding a lot more into losses. By my own making but had a good day job. As far as wanting to bring in more clients into the game fine. I would rather see a much larger scale and make the industry more trust worthy and build on less drugs needed, no lasix for 2 yr old horses, and level playing field where horses race clean 48 hours before race day.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #997 on: October 16, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »
amac will run the current game plan until it fizzles out , after that he will re emerge with a new platform of buying 15-20 medium to higher priced yearlings to keep some owners or attract new ones once all the newbies have been bled dry
when you buy below average pedigree with some conformation flaws, train them on a shitty track in the dead of winter with average trainers you get what you get , they hope they get lucky and a couple overachieve and carry the flag which is always possible

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #998 on: October 16, 2020, 04:03:17 PM »
Brown Jug completely agree.

Swandre back to the six horses you used as examples for value? They are also about the only six over that 4 year period that either did ok or really good at 2 came back solid at 3 and did some damage as a raceway horse at 4 that wasn't a bottom condition or near the bottom of nw. So it's not just hard to win stake races it may be even harder to stay with the better raceway horses. The last five years I've raced in OHio I've seen the Chris Beaver trotters do really well and he buys a lot of sub 20k trotters. I will always side that once the horse leaves the sale grounds they have no idea what they sold for. That once they all start day 1 they may be all the same. That over time you know which ones will separate from the pack and by Mar/April get that could special of a horse. When it's time to get those trotters under 2:15 you will find out which are just a horse for the time being.

To your point earlier if things were even yes maybe 250 foals per a divison. Of that say 70% make it to the track so the 175 possible you will get 20% entered into that first sire stake. The rest will try the Buckeye, the balance to the fairs. Then it all shakes out from there. This business is all about low percentages and as Cigar pointed out earlier LUCK. The stable just needs to have more luck maybe picking horses to come home with???

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #999 on: October 16, 2020, 04:05:24 PM »
Horses first,
I don’t think eliminating Lasix and some drugs is the answer! I think the answer is to make it uniformed for everyone and keep it the same state to state. As far as scammers go that’s any business. It’s hard to compete with big stables these days they get the best drivers and horses usually, and if you beat them they just claim/buy the ones that do beat them. So some people fold the tent and get out and some stay and take their shots neither one is wrong or right. You either like the game or you don’t everything else is just an obstacle you have to overcome.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2020, 04:22:19 PM »
Cigar no reason a two year needs to be on lasix. Horse starts to bleed time to turn out. As far as the terminology scammers in all business is a cope out. The industry can be changed enforcing very strict and costly rules. Why be a follower and enabler when you can be a Game Changer? Don't think the will is there to want that change...at least on the harness side. Thoroughbreds maybe. International thoroughbred racing has put the hammer down over the years.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #1001 on: October 16, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Gotta disagree with you, nobody should tell an owner that they need to turn anything out if there is a medication available to help the problem. The reality is your an owner with limited knowledge of the back end side of the racing and that’s ok not your fault. If you want to buy babies and turn them out if they bleed that’s your right, but not everyone thinks the way you do so a choice needs to be given especially when there is a medication to assist with it.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #1002 on: October 16, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »
I DISAGREE ON LASIX THING JIMMY

for 2 yr olds

if it can help

im for it..
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Winners Win

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #1003 on: October 16, 2020, 05:17:48 PM »
I am for lasix in any horse that needs it and wish they would drop the lasix position from the integrity bill.  We need the rest of the bill.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #1004 on: October 16, 2020, 05:31:19 PM »
Rest can't help?? Growing immature hard to keep weight on a two year that has been on the track for 9 or 10 months you give them lasix that dehydrates the horse and drops 20-25lbs of weight. To me its greed to keep the horse going yes if it helps? Lowest dose maybe but many bleed through it and need higher doses. To me the horse needs rest...but I guess I'm on a Island especially when 2 yr old may race once every 11 or 12 days...skip a week to ten days and see what happens?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    Today at 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    Today at 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    Today at 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    Today at 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    Today at 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal