Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 364387 times)

horses first

• Elite
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #870 on: September 19, 2020, 11:05:20 AM »
Continue to be non factors at Mohawk. Top purchase cardinal sin buying to a sibling that was their best horse in the past. Stable maybe the top stable next year with fair wins as the racing gets tougher. If they couldn't buy good stock yesterday because of price then they will get shutout as well with Ky/Oh eligible in Lexington. So will have to buy cheaper horses at the Buckeye sale.

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #871 on: September 19, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
Continue to be non factors at Mohawk. Top purchase cardinal sin buying to a sibling that was their best horse in the past. Stable maybe the top stable next year with fair wins as the racing gets tougher. If they couldn't buy good stock yesterday because of price then they will get shutout as well with Ky/Oh eligible in Lexington. So will have to buy cheaper horses at the Buckeye sale.

LOL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #872 on: September 19, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
ngc3 more lies full of lies but we all know that already. Don't worry you can troll my fb page in a month when he gets back on the ice for some HS hockey.
Lyin Jim,

It's been a while since you counted my money.

Can you count my money again? 

How's the filly doing?

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #873 on: September 19, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
could you please update me on how many burke purchased and the cost
also brian brown and chris beaver as well
thank you

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #874 on: September 19, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
The stable end of season report on all 2 and 3 yr olds out in Oct. Already worse then last year.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #875 on: September 19, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
Not sure but didnt Weaver say if they did well in OH and PA finals that they would be above par after losing millions during the closures a few weeks ago? So sounds like their two and 3 year olds doing well. How many sires have they created? When you do that you extend 5 to 6 years before developing another sire. But they have had many in the last few years. So I think Burke and boys are ok.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #876 on: September 19, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
Brown Jug since you asked and went off topic of what this thread is really about NOT counting money but the fact having a rather large stable based on entertainment and value as it gets a client or new person as a owner. Nothing wrong as it provides some sort of transparency as horses train down. But it's the double talk when horses finally get sold because its  not right to be taking that money when the horse will never perform. So 8 get sold off for many reasons when 40 more are in the same exact boat. Sorry no value at 83CDN enter point or 66US as a entry point per day for a horse. Some top trainers don't even charge 66 a day in the states and a place like the Meadows is 45 on average. A trainer in the game with their owners know when to cut the fat. You have to or the business with eat you up in a matter of time. So you named Burke and I'll throw in Takter. The top 2 spenders at most yearling sales. I can only give you what I can find and why they can still buy in bulk.

2019 earnings Burke 21,414,000 starts 4862. Ave a start 4,404. 2018 21,508,000 4699 $4577. 2017 21,096,000 4504 $4683. A average of 4550 a start gets a lot of bills paid but do they get back purchases...good question. Only answer I can give Check Six, Crazy Wow, Southwind Frank, Sweet Lou, What the Hill, and Yankee Cruiser are all syndicated studs. So pay days like this and incoming breeding rights definitely make the case as well as being 1.0mln plus earners. That's not even taking into effect the many mares and their residual value.

Takter 2018 8,616,000 653 $13,194. 2017 8,270,000 674 $ 12,270 a start. Pretty good 3 times the average with many fewer horses but again high priced animals. Does Bar Hopping, Father Patrick, Trixton, The Bank, Uncle Peter, and I'm sure I has missed some for these did he get into Always B Miki?
Beaver does well with his stock and rotates out keeping some older. Brian Brown to me came out of nowhere it seems. At least I didnt know the name a few years ago until his two pacing stars.

Point is no one is counting money and things are done differently in a big money industry with low Hope's for ROI. But it's how you treat your owners money and not contradict your statements on live video. Sure maybe people may want to spend 25 a month on 1% of a horse but owners that want out can only go to the stable to sell. Most of the time in AM words dumping shares. When that horse should go to a sale for a fair price. The stable gets away with mediocre or poor overall numbere because its freshly new. There haven't been many clients added over the last 2 years. AM had to plend with people for these upcoming sales because of so many shares going unsold on poor horses bought last year. You paint yourself into a corner not selling them early and giving clients months to watch them train for free. They are animals not machines and it's hard for a young horse to perform in groups and look good week after week. Plus training up in Ont past couple brutal winters on a small track less then a half not good on the knees, bones, and ligaments. Many injuries past two years. I like the concept of the stable but has some holes is all. Big stables they just churn alone sell what doesn't work. Then look to find something's that do.

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #877 on: September 19, 2020, 03:09:26 PM »

Non factor in the Ontario Golds, Ontario Grassroots & hell- even the prospect series lol

Zero factor in any decent stake race this year, his 3 year olds ALWAYS come back useless

I guess they did good at a couple fairs this year, the "clients" paying for his hotel room/vehicle/gas/food to be travelling to Canada & back to Ohio all summer. Plus paying for him to go to a bunch of sales/lodging (just last year he took 3 of them to all the sales for "videos")

Ol'Burps is having a good run for himself, fck the "clients"- they don't know nothing

Too bad he peakes his horses for the Open houses & qualifiers, they can't ever seem to cut it, must be all the allergies that only his horses have been fighting.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #878 on: September 19, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
valid points
i think the concept is good but the execution has been poor
happens to all kinds of businesses
the customer ultimately  decides

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #879 on: September 19, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »
That is true and constructive criticism never hurts and you can tell being burned last year he changed up the sales part this year. Didn't dip at the blooded sale, didn't bother with Goshen, stuck to the horses he looked at but Ohio will be a tough place to win if these new sires bring a A game. I've many many mistakes in this game and number 1 was thinking if you had a really really good horse early and many offer to sell...sell it's the only way your going to stay afloat buying yearlings. Mistake number two never get to big your having a few nice horses don't pay for all or parts of 15. With a nice career job your either going to net out paying the government or writing off losses to offset. At least that money u know where it went to your trainers and grooms. Last stay with what got you there for me trotting fillies. Pacers forget it and colts little success. Last Hambo is a dream should stay a dream lol. Paying all those stake payments like BC are a waste only helps sale price of a good horse.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #880 on: September 19, 2020, 04:23:52 PM »
true
ohio will be challenging and dont forget more will be sold at lexington and black book
people stepping up as that program seems solid while new york, new jersey and to some extent pa are unsure what next will will bring

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #881 on: September 19, 2020, 04:48:07 PM »
Yes I think that's why the Burke group may have spent more yesterday. Will continue to spend in home state PA while I agree NY may see some steep dropoff. People will still buy NJ for MH and new sire Walner thinking they are grand circuit anyway. The next sword to fall will be the election if Biden wins and they can grab the senate they will print money for the states. If Trump wins they will get some money but is it to plug holes now or future holes later? The economy isn't finished with future struggles in my opinion.

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #882 on: September 19, 2020, 06:27:26 PM »
business definitely good for burke stable. they spent a shade over 700k yesterday, and were the winning bidder on several high profile horses that looked outstanding. to spend that much, the plan is for the seasides and dragons to be grand circuit horses. only so much money in the OSS program to go around no matter how great it is, and that crew knows this as well. some smart business guys there.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #883 on: September 19, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »
Is there upsell or finders fees on these yearlings or are shares available at purchase price?

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #884 on: September 20, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »
Wiggles - that looks like the cost roughly of what they paid for them?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal