Author Topic: Before baking soda  (Read 3308 times)

giddup

• NW-1
Re: Before baking soda
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 02:20:02 PM »
Dr. Bells...wonder drops... ;D

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »
My Horse Creed
Raced in the late 70s to early 80s
The trainer would tell us
An injection of salt peter and place it
Inbetween the 2nd and 3rd rib

It was time to get the money down
     76za.dcg
The only good Quran
Is one thats been burned to a crisp!!!

Fuck those Mooslims with a billy goat!

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 06:40:48 PM »
What were trainers putting on the tongue ties? I vaguely remember The Meadowlands issuing out the tongue ties because trainers were using chemicals in them.
I I was told some trainers or their grooms would put cocaine on the tongue ties.

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »
Itís 10,000 times more potent than morphine. Itís 100 times more powerful than fentanyl.    Carfentanil.
I was told that M-99 was 99 times more potent than Morphine.

Frank the Zipper

• Jr. Open
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »
Nothing like the "Carl Stemler Electric Shocker" concealed in the rack bike shaft.

swoodall

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:15 PM »
I thought the topic was what was the method of cheating before soda. Well, to me, anything other than race to win is cheating. As long as people can bet money, sitting in and willing get shuffled out of race in hopes to drop in class is cheating. A catch driver staying out of the number and getting a piece of the package later is cheating. Agreed, this happened more often at b tracks like Monticello and Freehold but it also happened at M1. Mike GaggliardI comes to mind. If you read Larry Rolla''s book, almost every trifecta was a fix.

Look up trainer Don "Frog" Paulick.

He was with a ownership group my father knew.

After Frog was arrested in the late 80's running a bookie joint from his bar the ownership group broke up.

Then Frog somehow got another harness trainers license and went on to get two M-99 positives! Yes 2!

The first one on the horse LEGGY with his name down as trainer.

He gets caught and suspended so he puts his wife's name as trainer.

Gets a second M-99 positive on LEGGY with his wife's name down so she gets a lifetime ban!

But that wasn't the end.

Somehow some f'in way years later he gets a tbred trainer's license! angbk

And guess what he did? 87xc.2 11.wp

He gets another M-99 positive at Hawthorne with his only tbred and another lifetime ban! tmbz1

So no the Nance's weren't the only ones who got caught. hcx.1

The skuttlebutt back then as you know was Farrington was the 1st Illinois horseman using M-99. 11.wp

I would ask Rambling Willie but he is long gone and god supposedly loved him. hcx.1

Sorry Exporter don't know what happen there I thought I had quoted Viking:

I would HOPE that you don't really believe that HE was the ONLY trainer using that stuff. He might have been the only one penalized for it. But certainly he was not alone in that. A certain vet was known to give that drug in Chicago. One that knew his way around the windows. AND I assure you that I am not a relative of his. I always knew IF I ever used that on a horse, that test would come back like a Christmas tree.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:49:36 PM by swoodall »
"Recapture" The Reynolds,Insko,Edgar,Duffy,Walker,Duchossios,Kubic,Kane,Johnston Legacy!

B Ryan Barry

• NW-1
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »
I wish I knew a time "Before baking soda"

Duke

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
In the 40's and 50's molasses was the pre race they would use or straight sweet feed which contained molasses.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Polar Bear: Also Gates Brown was clutch that year
    April 07, 2020, 06:37:00 PM
  • Offstride: MATTHEWS MATCHICK PRICE TRACEWSKI
    April 07, 2020, 04:34:23 PM
  • Offstride: 1B CASH  2B McAULIFFLE  SS OYLER  3B WERT  HRTON STANLEY KALINE NORTHRUP   FREEHAN   McLAIN LOLICH SPARMA ALEXANDER DOBSON HILLER WILSON MANAGED BY MAYO SMITH
    April 07, 2020, 04:32:05 PM
  • Calhoun: I remeber we took a bus to Tigr Stadium from the orphonage.  I was 7 years old.  It was the best day of my life.
    April 07, 2020, 04:27:34 PM
  • bigwrench: Dennis the menni$
    April 07, 2020, 10:55:36 AM
  • Fatboy: Mclain?
    April 07, 2020, 10:02:43 AM
  • bigwrench: Those were so great summer days watchingthe likes of Kaline Northrup Cash Lolich Horton. Gates and Ike Brown..
    April 07, 2020, 12:00:04 AM
  • Calhoun: RIP "Six."
    April 06, 2020, 05:18:58 PM