Author Topic: Another "Gurfein" Head Scratcher  (Read 3675 times)

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
Another "Gurfein" Head Scratcher
« on: March 10, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
Howard Pearce made an interesting point that I think should be addressed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Maybe my friend Clay Horner can give a little impetus to my proposal. Mr.Pearce for along time has run a fractional ownership group for standardbreds in Kingston,ON called the Land Mark Stable.He has found that the licensing of the group has become financially unsustainable for those in the two per cent or less bracket. After emailing back and forth I have learned that unlike most states in the U.S.where if you own less than five per cent licensing is unnecessary. Ontario requests that all general partners be licensed. It is just another one of the myriad of ridiculous obstacles stunting the growth of our industry. Let's all think about pushing for the abolishment of
licensing altogether.There really is no earthly purpose in the process.If the government claims it as a source of revenue, the amount must be minuscule .To compensate,we could pay the state a fee when we start racing. It could be recorded by a race office like a Coggins test,which is (another) total waste of time. Think of how much money would be saved by eliminating licensing.The time and manpower it takes to peruse every racing program to make sure every person racing every night is licensed is enormous. Then add to that the 72 hours the commission has to chase down the culprits.The system is a joke. After it's all said and done you get to the track early to obey the rules and the first words you hear are we were just about to scratch your horse. How sick of this are all of us. The reason for the entire ordeal is obsolete. Who cares if a felon owns a horse. We don't have enough money left in our business to appeal to organized crime. The paranoia of 1950 must end right now. I realize that this is no panacea,but anything we can do on a positive note is a plus in my book. Just a note, I love reading and or watching crime drama. Correct me if I am wrong but in cold cases 20 or 30 years old, somehow the fingerprints still match. How is it for the insane sum of $100 we must be finger printed six times in 30 years. Just asking
for a friend.

Yes Ronnie another "well thought article". Can't wait for your next brainstorm. Enjoy the crime drama concerning the Fed investigation. Can't wait for this week's response on how "clean" the game is  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dingus

Re: Another "Gurfein" Head Scratcher
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »
I would be interested in your way to handle the licensing issue.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
it will be interesting to see how he interprets the big case. I would bet he will stick up for his pals and keep quiet about the Crawfords etc.

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 12:06:55 PM »
WHAT issue is there about licensing? IF you OWN ANY part of a racehorse you NEED to be licensed. IF you cannot afford to be licensed, you do NOT NEED to be owning ANY part of a racehorse. And this owning 1 or 2 percent of a horse is a total joke. It's like a fantasy league. Shit or get off of the pot. And these guys who are marketing the 1 and 2 percent owners are rip off artists just trying to increase their OWN income. ANYTIME someone tells you-"Have I got a deal for YOU" RUUUUUNNNNNNNNN

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 12:22:17 PM »
Gurfien total ass.

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 12:31:10 PM »
Licensing is a money maker. Its not going away.
Just like the $100 fee every year for every horse. A money maker.

What is really funny is that you pay all these fees as an owner, and they STILL want to charge you for TrackIt.

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 12:31:43 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 02:24:50 PM »
it will be interesting to see how he interprets the big case. I would bet he will stick up for his pals and keep quiet about the Crawfords etc.

Gurfein is a self-promoting parasite.  He will praise a restaurant to get a free meal.  He has no taste or tact.  He thinks he can drop names of international restaurants and wineries like he is some important bon vivant, but he is really just a barnacle.  At best, he belongs on a Perillo bus tour with a tag around his neck.   It's my opinion that he sits on "the deck" with cream cheese falling out of his mouth and praises youngsters in training who look bad ( he says they look great) because he is basically touting them for agents and perhaps cutting in on the action.  I cannot believe that the online magazine gives him a soapbox.  He gets the same questions from the same people.  All of them are kept alive by prescription heart medications and supplemental oxygen. 

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 06:24:21 AM »
Gurfein is a blow heart and scam artist ask the owners he screwed!  All he is trying to do is make money to support is broke ass.  Total joke

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 08:48:18 AM »
WHAT issue is there about licensing?

IF you OWN ANY part of a racehorse you NEED to be licensed.

IF you cannot afford to be licensed, you do NOT NEED to be owning ANY part of a racehorse. And this owning 1 or 2 percent of a horse is a total joke. It's like a fantasy league. Shit or get off of the pot. And these guys who are marketing the 1 and 2 percent owners are rip off artists just trying to increase their OWN income. ANYTIME someone tells you-"Have I got a deal for YOU" RUUUUUNNNNNNNNN
ngc3 ngc3  WRONG.  ngc3 ngc3

I know more about this than you.  Trust me.  tmbz1

ACRI model guideline:

Licenses: according to the Association of Racing Commissioners International Model Rules, each person who has a five percent (5%) or more ownership or beneficial interest in a horse is required to be licensed. Names of owners of less than five percent (5%) must be disclosed in an affidavit filed by the partnership which also states that these persons are not presently ineligible for licensing or suspended in any racing jurisdiction.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • The Thorn: The guy who doesn't make mind bets thinks he's a legend here. But it's all in his mind  ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 12:19:03 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: A dolla makes Jerry Holla
    Today at 10:25:26 AM
  • Unclejerry: HP's #1 Handcapper will be back with Mohawk Trifecta's Saturday 27
    April 26, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Indian24 don't have a dime to place a bet, his Mother gave him a computer
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:26 PM
  • Indian24: 5 horse box in a 7 horse field wtg
    April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Indian24: I'll make a bet that your a egotistical asshole
    April 26, 2024, 10:14:17 PM
  • Indian24: Already made my mind bets like you have
    April 26, 2024, 10:13:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Make a bet Indian24 your making a fool of your self
    April 26, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal