Author Topic: Why??  (Read 2104 times)

cr dawg

• Stakes Horse
Why??
« on: February 21, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
are T breds on the track at 5-8 minutes to post and harness horses are in the paddock at zero minutes to post?
1) Harness players can't count backwards and get shutout?
2) They don't want us to get a good view of the horses?
3) 100 pounds jockeys are tougher than the drivers?

Sorry, I just don't get it!

dbharness

• Top Claimer
Re: Why??
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:10:15 AM »
Northfield is the worst at this...Its always been an issue at Harness Tracks.  M1 is awful also.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »
They would send us out with 0 left on the clock at northfield but we'd still be out there scoring down and jerking off for 10 or more minutes. I definitely prefer the tracks that parade at 10 minutes and the race goes off at 0. Those TB jocks are tough. They're out there in the cold with thin silks. I was out there in winter colors and artic gear underneath and still freezing my nuts off

slimshady

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
Standardbreds have already been out warming up 2 races before their own.  Old days, used to go out twice before they raced.     TBreds don't do that, so they need a better warm up immediately prior to running.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 12:06:53 PM »
Standardbreds have already been out warming up 2 races before their own.  Old days, used to go out twice before they raced.     TBreds don't do that, so they need a better warm up immediately prior to running.

YES

Harness Stats

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »
Harness handle everywhere except Big M is super low compared to Tbreds.  Hardly anyone bets before the clock says zero minutes to post. Hardly anyone in attendance bets the races at slot tracks. They might have thought that fooling the internet bettors into thinking that that race is going to go off any second maybe would make people bet sooner as they might have been surfing from track to track, and not really know how much time is left  Yonkers was one of the worst in holding races up and just recently lowered the wait time to about 2 or 3 minutes from when the clock says zero from the ten or more minutes they were doing before.  I blame simulcasting and of course slots.  Too many places to bet at the same time diluting individual handles.

dbharness

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 02:02:12 PM »
I agree with the comment on too many tracks with same time slots...Sometimes I think they wait on each other to go to the gate so multiple tracks are going off at the same time.  M1 moving post time up 20 mins was dumb.  If they wouldn't take 35 mins between each race they wouldn't get done at Midnight!@

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Time to wake up Admin. Bring back XYZ, this place needs resuscitation.
    Today at 01:57:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: This Site has gone completly down hill.  Iceland must be the next Israel.
    Today at 01:56:39 PM
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal