Author Topic: Percentage of trainers that medicate within 24 hours  (Read 8172 times)

Curious Fan

• NW-1
Re: Percentage of trainers that medicate within 24 hours
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »
Shaking horses with small amounts of baking soda doesn't seem to be effective if you look at the studies on blood gas analysis.   It seems anything that would benefit the horse would be easily detected with base excess.   I think many trainers get labeled, but if 90% or more or doing it then why do people harp on the few that win races?   I am really trying to understand why some trainers are considered worse cheaters than others?   I find the industry as a whole is doing whatever they can to win and improve their horses, so why are some more criticized than others?

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 10:47:41 PM »
Some are more criticized because they are less than subtle and when they do get caught they lawyer up and it all goes away.  Certain drivers don't help either, instead of just winning they like to run off the screen and draw attention to it

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 06:54:29 AM »
Speaking of warming them up late.... Has anyone ever warned a horse up later & asked for more speed doing it then Evzen Pindur??

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 07:44:33 AM »
Your big shot trainers load these horses up prior to loading them up on the trailer! 100% fact! The problem is that they use new substances that are virtually unknown to the testing labs! When they are finally caught,  their thieving lawyers (not mentioning any names) delay the process and eventually beat the rap! The lesser copy cat trainers receive stiff penalties while others retain beards!
History repeats itself!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 08:18:25 AM »
It has been Cat and Mouse for 50+ years.

Realfullswedge

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »
Shaking horses with small amounts of baking soda doesn't seem to be effective if you look at the studies on blood gas analysis.   It seems anything that would benefit the horse would be easily detected with base excess.   I think many trainers get labeled, but if 90% or more or doing it then why do people harp on the few that win races?   I am really trying to understand why some trainers are considered worse cheaters than others?   I find the industry as a whole is doing whatever they can to win and improve their horses, so why are some more criticized than others?

Baking soda is to control and balance the stomach. It’s what trainers use with the soda that is the problem. Started out as brown sugar and honey back in the 90’s, now they send much worse contents down the pipe to soak into there system. Timing is everything

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »
tmbz1 good point Rabbit.
Back in my school days I worked for a trainer during summers.  Took a horse one day and got caught in a traffic accident.  Late getting there and the track was closed for 1/2 hour before the first race for track maintenance...it rained heavy that morning,   We ended up not warming up the horse.....just went out, jogged a bunch of laps and right to the gate...horse raced great, won going away. Still went back to the old routine after that though.

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:14 AM »
never got an answer i understood----what is a drench?

They mix electrolytes and what ever else in a bucket, then get a funnel and tube, put the tube down the horses nose into the stomach and pour contents directly into stomach. Problem is degenerate horsemen who couldn't pass a grade 10 anatomy class try doing this, but mistakenly put the tube into the horses lungs, pour in contents of bucket in lungs and essentially the horse drowns.   

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »
Baking soda is to control and balance the stomach. It’s what trainers use with the soda that is the problem. Started out as brown sugar and honey back in the 90’s, now they send much worse contents down the pipe to soak into there system. Timing is everything

YOU ARE AN IDIOT...SODA USED TO COMBAT BUILDUP OF LACTIC ACID, WICH IS ASSOCIATED WITH FATIGUE AFTER/DURING INTENSE WORKOUT.
REMOVE THE ACIDIC BUILDUP WITH SODIUM BICARBONATE tmbz1.
CHEM 101 tmbz1

Realfullswedge

• Top Claimer
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »
  YOU ARE AN IDIOT...SODA USED TO COMBAT BUILDUP OF LACTIC ACID, WICH IS ASSOCIATED WITH FATIGUE AFTER/DURING INTENSE WORKOUT.
REMOVE THE ACIDIC BUILDUP WITH SODIUM BICARBONATE tmbz1.
CHEM 101 tmbz1
Yeah balance in the stomach you fuktard. Although I am proud you wrote a whole paragraph I could understand, that’s a first cause you usually make no fucking sense. You should of finished grade school

slimshady

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 01:14:50 PM »
I've heard that owners used to stop into the Robinson barn on the way to Mohawk, and get a "professional" drench.   
Kinda like a Tim Hortons drive through. 

slimshady

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »
The problem with the industry and cheaters is, when the little guy gets caught, he is done.
When the big boys get caught, they bring in the lawyers and none of the organizations have the balls and or the money to fight them.

I'd be willing to pay a % of purse money to support a legal fund, to go the distance against these douche bags when they get caught.
One strike, we're fining you.
Second strike, we're fining and suspending you.
After strike two, all of your horses are pre and or post race tested for a year.
Third strike, we're going to the wall to keep you out of the business.

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 04:02:47 PM »
Slim the Hagersville drive through was open for business , but only served select customers....

slimshady

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 04:32:53 PM »
Whiper  ....   I heard it was anyone he wasn't racing against that night.    Didn't want to share with the direct competition. 

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »
Yeah balance in the stomach you fuktard. Although I am proud you wrote a whole paragraph I could understand, that’s a first cause you usually make no fucking sense. You should of finished grade school

WE MOVED AROUND ALOT....
HADTA FOLLOW THE CIRCUIT
NO SCHOOL USUALLY
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 06:37:36 PM by Fatboy »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal