Author Topic: Causing confusion  (Read 7056 times)

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
Re: Causing confusion
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
Right
And happened at yonkers 2 times just for going 30 seconds even without confusion
 just don't know how this could go without even being looked at

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 08:45:29 AM »
The rule for causing confusion is rarely enforced! Probably because management feels uncomfortable with reversing the results of a race based on something that most fans find hard to comprehend! I have always thought that drivers should be penalized regularly for this but only disqualified if the interference is clearly evident! Most drivers are cheap skates so you have to hit them where it hurts, in the pocket book!

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
Like I said in one of my posts I don't necessarily think that you should be penalized for slowing the race down I think that's good strategy and in some of the races at Yonkers where he was taken down it was actually just good strategy but the way it was done last night was straight up dangerous

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »
The bottom line is he took the lead and immediately back down the pace to a degree where it cause confusion to the horses behind him clearly and should have been taken down yet there wasn't even an inquiry but I seem to remember or race at the Red Mile years ago that horse was taken down just for going too slow of quarter without even horses having to take up or break or change paths same thing with Yonkers

There is a written rule somewhere about backing down quarters too....

Village Idiot

• 4 claimer
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 11:19:06 AM »
That whole rule of causing confusion by slowing down on the front end is just ridiculous!!! If the horse on the lead is going to slow go around him simple as that unless the driver is pulling hard to basically slow the horse down quickly (basically trying to pull the horse up), but if it's done gradually there shouldn't be a problem.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 11:48:12 AM »
IF YOU MAKE THE TOP, DRIVE ON...NOT BACKWARDS

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
East Coast  11.w. = Shitty Product
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 12:47:32 PM »
That whole rule of causing confusion by slowing down on the front end is just ridiculous!!! If the horse on the lead is going to slow go around him simple as that unless the driver is pulling hard to basically slow the horse down quickly (basically trying to pull the horse up), but if it's done gradually there shouldn't be a problem.

To slow down is fine but to make the top and he the brakes is dangerous

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
East Coast  11.w. = Shitty Product

IT SMOKES WELL

slimshady

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 05:09:33 PM »
You shouldn't be able to throw out an anchor dangerously, but isn't the benefit of clearing to the front, you have the opportunity to control the fractions?  If you're driving my horse and it isn't a beast, I'm going to be pissed if you put up better than required 2nd and 3rd quarters, then spit the bit in the stretch.
Sometimes drivers can't win with gamblers. 

Horseshoe

• NW-1
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 05:42:48 PM »
Wtf they give each other holes almost every race.
No fines or suspensions.

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 07:50:21 AM »
               Now I see how you got your name! Yes back things down so the horses behind you are totally jammed up and mathematically eliminated or better yet, pull out and throw away any chance you have! The race leader does not have to go pedal to the metal and exhaust his mount but
he has the responsibility of setting a reasonable pace for the class he is in!

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 07:21:37 PM »
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FINESSE DRIVE AND AN ANCHOR JOB

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 10:20:19 PM »
               Now I see how you got your name! Yes back things down so the horses behind you are totally jammed up and mathematically eliminated or better yet, pull out and throw away any chance you have! The race leader does not have to go pedal to the metal and exhaust his mount but
he has the responsibility of setting a reasonable pace for the class he is in!
Well said, and backing into the field and driving fast fractions aren't in the same category.  Going pedal to the metal is not causing a danger to the rest of the field. 

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 11:25:09 AM »
FUCKIN IDIOTS CANT READ A RULE BOOK?  ITS ALL IN THE RULES THAT THEY NEVER ENFORCE AGREED.....BUT IT CLEARLY STATES WHAT CONSTITUTES A "BACKING DOWN A QUARTER" VIOLATION MEANS.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    Today at 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    Today at 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal