Author Topic: MAINE  (Read 29473 times)

direct flight and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

bass park

• Stakes Horse
Re: MAINE
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2020, 11:18:12 AM »
its time to close the souther border of maine. i cant believe how many cars from away that i am seeing.

chief yogi

• Jr. Open
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2020, 06:07:32 PM »
i noticed that too. people are just assholes. states are telling people to more or less stay home except for groceries, pharmacy, med reasons. now we are getting those out of staters that think they are too special to pay attention. how many places and people have they met in route ie gas stations toll workers. worst is the ny/nj crowd. yea maine wants people to come from the places with the biggest outbreak. funny to think on this site people have commeted about what country is maine in. shame we werent a country. we could keep them out.

bass park

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2020, 12:44:15 PM »
i found some videos on you tube. a lady taped a whole day of racing from farmington. google "money winner of harness racing" and go to videos. great stuff.

PaysonPark

• NW-2/3
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
Also found some YouTube videos of snow melting and grass growing, if you need more excitement......

June b

• Top Claimer
« Reply #334 on: March 28, 2020, 04:54:45 PM »
Track great today at downs!! Thank You!!!!

chief yogi

• Jr. Open
« Reply #335 on: March 28, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »
i think there was as many in attendence today as if they were racing live.

June b

• Top Claimer
« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2020, 07:43:24 PM »
Can't keep fans away!

chief yogi

• Jr. Open
« Reply #337 on: March 28, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »
all kidding aside i think for march the track is super good.

old school

• NW-1
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2020, 02:59:21 AM »
Currently, harness racing is blemished due to several recent outside of Maine trainer indictments.  We also have the very serious COVID-19 in our presence.  Despite this, I know many Maine and out of state horsemen are just trying to stay afloat and waiting for a glimmer of any good news.  It appears to me that even if Scarborough Downs opens, it is very short lived and Bangor is just too far to the North to ever raise any serious money unless more creativity, racino legislation strengthened and sports betting were to pass.  I honestly have to wonder where Maine is going to race next and where?  If Michael Ciancette being honest and are his words pipe dreams or realities? Does anybody know?  We would all like to know if ground will ever be broken for a Maine track or it we will be looking at existing tracks as a possible option.  Please weigh in if you know anything.  Many Maine horsemen wold like to know including me.  This very decision means living in Maine, racing in Maine. and next steps in my life.  Harness racing is going to be a part of it and I hope it is for you too. 

old school

• NW-1
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2020, 03:10:31 AM »
For our governor to be so all about the care of agriculture, I believe she used horsemen to gain her way to the Blaine House.  Where has she been supporting a Racino in Southern Maine or sports betting.  Her quick defeatist attitude and action of the sports betting laws were a complete disappointment that would have given Maine harness racing a boost.  I feel she used horsemen to obtain "their vote" and nothing more.  Actions are not words, they are actions.  Please do something to support Maine horsemen Governor Mills.  We will not forget at the next election and please don't come to any racetrack because your double standards I don't want to be reminded of when you visit. Your presence makes it appear you care but in reality, you actions do not.  You actions are part of the problem and not the solution.  Step up.

old school

• NW-1
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2020, 03:17:12 AM »
I honestly believe there are handful of Maine horsemen that consistently win.  Not sure why, but I have my own opinions.  The good news is they win and do well in the WPS columns. The bad news is those who do not play at the same level for a variety of reasons (and you know what they are) are at. extreme disadvantage.  I would rather in go in 2:05 and have it much better regulate and healthy along with continued marketing in an attempt to bring fan base back.  As Maine horsemen, cannot let a few horsemen eat like gluttons while rest of us race in famine.  Spread the wealth.  We have a solid driver/trainer force and my hats off to them for keeping the horses ready and to the owners who support the sport mainly as a loss in the state of Maine. 

old school

• NW-1
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2020, 03:24:41 AM »
 I don't where where this took a clearly defined back seat last year, but I am hopeful Maine allows us to strengthen our club and race weekly.  Why this was taken off cards, was a real disappointment.  It is good philanthropy and fun to be held by all including myself.  Not having it deters ownership. 

Also, please minimize/get rid of track masters and let's do some claiming races on the cards.  Great for the sport.  I owned over twenty five horses within a few years and don't own a one.  On a personal level I would prefer claiming race ready horses here and racing them.  Does anybody else feel the same way?

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #342 on: March 29, 2020, 07:10:39 AM »
Look at the time.  Please Go to bed and stop drunk plopping

June b

• Top Claimer
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2020, 08:34:35 AM »
That may be true Lou school just made the most sense of any of our posts and I completely agree ! maybe it went a little too long about the amateur Club but old school you said it all great post!!!

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »
I Donít disagree   But this is coming from someone who really talks nice on here but is a dink when racing    Just saying. Practice what you preach

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Polar Bear: Also Gates Brown was clutch that year
    April 07, 2020, 06:37:00 PM
  • Offstride: MATTHEWS MATCHICK PRICE TRACEWSKI
    April 07, 2020, 04:34:23 PM
  • Offstride: 1B CASH  2B McAULIFFLE  SS OYLER  3B WERT  HRTON STANLEY KALINE NORTHRUP   FREEHAN   McLAIN LOLICH SPARMA ALEXANDER DOBSON HILLER WILSON MANAGED BY MAYO SMITH
    April 07, 2020, 04:32:05 PM
  • Calhoun: I remeber we took a bus to Tigr Stadium from the orphonage.  I was 7 years old.  It was the best day of my life.
    April 07, 2020, 04:27:34 PM
  • bigwrench: Dennis the menni$
    April 07, 2020, 10:55:36 AM
  • Fatboy: Mclain?
    April 07, 2020, 10:02:43 AM
  • bigwrench: Those were so great summer days watchingthe likes of Kaline Northrup Cash Lolich Horton. Gates and Ike Brown..
    April 07, 2020, 12:00:04 AM
  • Calhoun: RIP "Six."
    April 06, 2020, 05:18:58 PM