Author Topic: Meadowlands Statement on Lasix Ban  (Read 4683 times)

bond

• Elite
Re: Meadowlands Statement on Lasix Ban
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
The reason Lasix, not including its side effects should not be allowed is simple. There is no scientific proof that it works. In fact, ask 5 vets or go online and research why horses bleed and you will get 5 different theories ranging from high blood pressure, infection, airway obstruction, clotting issues etc. How can you use a drug when you aren't even sure what is causing the symptom which in this case EIPH?

Thats not quite true Mike/ There have been well controlled studies done which has shown that Lasix works on severe bleeders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28963734

It does this by reducing lung pressure,reducing pressure on weak blood vessels which can rupture under stress.

Where things went wrong-is that in the horse business-if anyone even THINKS someone has an edge and they too can get this edge-they will go get it.
End result--just about every TBRed and most Harness Horses race on drugs now.
Ban it--but allow the actual bleeders to race on it. Dont leave it up to Vets to put them on it--because they make $$$$ out of it.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
The reason Lasix, not including its side effects should not be allowed is simple. There is no scientific proof that it works. In fact, ask 5 vets or go online and research why horses bleed and you will get 5 different theories ranging from high blood pressure, infection, airway obstruction, clotting issues etc. How can you use a drug when you aren't even sure what is causing the symptom which in this case is EIPH?

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

yo, yo, Campbell Soup,

Another retarded post from a fucked up asswipe, attention-starved idiot.  Campbell Soup was the one who just a short while back said Lasix caused broken bones.  Immediately, hundreds of people involved in that Santa Anita debacle came out to say that it had nothing to do with the deaths.  Stupid fuck.

Here's the bottom line:  Assholes like you and the other climate change retards like Agent Orange can nit pick the science all you want.  BUT...lasix helps.  For whatever reason.  I could not imagine trying to get one ready for a score and not having the horse on lasix.  That's why 95% of horsemen use it and that's why an equally fucked up piece of shit like your thoroughbred brother, Barry Irwin, gets on his soapbox about the evils of lasix and then uses it on his horses.  Typical fucking heeeeeeeeeeeebs.  Gural says no lasix and then has everyone of his own skins racing on it.  Same with Barry Irwin.   Grandstanding.  Until next time, darlings......... .HEIL HITLER!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 10:28:47 AM »
Wrong again Muffy. In fact you made my argument when you wrote that Lasix works for "whatever reason". Maybe I can simplify this for you. When one gets a headache, many take aspirin which takes away the symptom of throbbing pain and inflammation in your head. However, there are many reasons why one gets a headache such as high blood pressure, inner ear problems, eye sight problems, infection etc etc etc etc. When aspirin wears off, you will still have the contributing factor that caused the headache. Same with arthritis. Your theory that it works for "whatever reason" would allow me to take morphine,heroin or oxy to help with the pain of arthritis. However, when the morphine, heroin or oxy wears off, one will still have arthritis. If Lasix was the actual remedy for EIPH then horses wouldn't bleed as often as they do even though they are on it. Lasix is only treating a symptom and not the actual problem. Now go fuck yourself.

yo, yo, Campbell Soup,

Let me make it real easy for retards like you, Lice Man, Slim Shitty, and your insane leader in the White House, Agent Orange.  When it snows here, that does not mean climate change has been solved.  Or when the temperature drops below freezing, that does not mean we no longer face a climate change threat.  So, shut up about your reasons.  Fucking idiot.  They have studied lasix for a long time and do not know why horses bleed.  (I doubt that harness horses bleed anywhere near the runners.)  We're dealing with a racing problem here not some speculative circle jerk about the science.  Horsemen use it because it enhances performance, asswipe.  So while Jewffrey sucks that PETA cock, he is also trying to slow down da shit because all his bullshit about the Jackie Chan lab, Dick(head) Cote, building a wall against the Mexicans, etc., etc. didn't work.  You fucking retard.  Tell us all again how lasix broke those bones out there in LaLa Land.  LOL!  Until next time, retards.....HEIL HITLER!!

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 04:12:28 PM »
yo, yo Mufftard
Once again, you made my point. You're in favor of giving a drug to horses that bleed but you have no idea why they bleed but since it enhances performance then it's OK. If you are or were a trainer, I will guarantee you are or were a shitty one. Until next time talentless, Heil Trump

yo, yo, Campbell Soup,

What a retard.  Please get your neighbor's 8 year old son to read my previous posts where I said I don't care what Jewffrey does with Lasix.  One of your Hitler Youth brothers, Barry Irwin, gave you the argument:  "I'm against lasix, but since it is such an advantage, I'm not going to avoid giving it to my horses."  You, me, Jewffrey and anybody else don't know why horses bleed.  What I do know is that you are one fucked up idiot.  When I raced against 8 Campbell Soups, I just went to the window.  Nothing you can do, kid.  You were born stupid.  And now you have a moron, Agent Orange, in high places that you can spend your day cheering on.  What a life.  Until next time, poorly educated......... HEIL HITLER!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal