Author Topic: Santa Anita loses a 23rd horse since Christmas..in the San Simeon  (Read 1906 times)

Fatboy

• Elite
Re: Santa Anita loses a 23rd horse since Christmas..in the San Simeon
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »
Before Woodbine put in the best Turf in North America (E.P.Taylor) they had the Marshall Turf where they had to cross the dirt and they had more than a few go wobbly and go down and this was level ground unlike Santa Anita. I really believe that Stronach will start liquidating his west coast tracks for the land values because now even "The Great Race Place" is not so great.

SOME OF THESE DOPES DONT EVEN BELIEVE THE CROSSOVER IS  A FACTOR, BUT IT IS tmbz1
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 01:15:34 PM »
Back when Woodbine had the crossover many jocks would say it was just a natural for the jock to take a hold coming up to it and they also believe that the horse would react which is why so many bobbled or went wide or down. You had the horse wound up to make a move and then the dirt.

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 09:54:48 AM »
According to Paulick Report they are recommending that racing be stopped at Santa Anita until there is an answer to the horse fatalities. This is not the racing surface it is all about rampant drug use and certain heads will roll.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »
That is precisely the spot where Laffit Pincay went down, broke his neck and his career ended. THE greatest rider I ever saw ride a horse....he WILLED them to the wire

http://www.espn.com/horse/news/2003/0306/1519411.html

TY SIR tmbz1
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 07:04:13 PM »
I remember when Sandy Hawley moved his tack to California and in a newspaper article he was so appreciative of Pincay's talent and said that Pincay said to him he though that the few times he rode against Avelino Gomez that Gomez had riding talents that he has never seen. Hawley mentioned this because he too though Gomez was one of the best and rode against him for so many years.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 07:07:50 PM »
I remember when Sandy Hawley moved his tack to California and in a newspaper article he was so appreciative of Pincay's talent and said that Pincay said to him he though that the few times he rode against Avelino Gomez that Gomez had riding talents that he has never seen. Hawley mentioned this because he too though Gomez was one of the best and rode against him for so many years.

GARRETT GO GO GOMEZ COULD ROLL TOO.   RIP GO GO......
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 07:41:58 PM »
Gomez won the riding title at Hialeah I think in 66 and he was sent back to Canada because the governor took back his work visa. He was born in Cuba and Canada was his landed home and he had Canadian citizenship. According to one of the best Newspaper reporters in sports Jim Coleman claimed the other riders were upset he was getting more mounts than they did. At first he was only allowed to ride Canadian owned horses or for Canadian stables which didn't matter because Lou Cavalaris an American from Cleveland couldn't get a break in his own country training horses so he came to Canada and became a Canadian Citizen and won many training titles. And in 1966 he won the training title at Hialeah that winter and yes Gomez rode most of them.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 03:51:03 PM »
SOME OF THESE DOPES DONT EVEN BELIEVE THE CROSSOVER IS  A FACTOR, BUT IT IS tmbz1
490 T-breds died on the track in the U.S. last year.  That doesn't count fatal breakdowns in training or account for the who-knows-what end for those injured and shipped out.

They didn't all die in that same spot at Santa Anita.

The numbers don't matter.  What makes sense don't matter.  The Derby is in 29 days, the press is on the story, the politicians are involved.  That's all that matters.

Better believe it's going to be huge topic going into Derby.  You and me may think 500 dying not so bad given the number of races but the guy tunining in 1x a year isn't going to think that.

When Barbaro and 8 Belles went down, the tracks got out in front of the issues and got by.  This time, they are stumbling and bumbling.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 03:56:08 PM »
490 T-breds died on the track in the U.S. last year.  That doesn't count fatal breakdowns in training or account for the who-knows-what end for those injured and shipped out.

They didn't all die in that same spot at Santa Anita.

The numbers don't matter.  What makes sense don't matter.  The Derby is in 29 days, the press is on the story, the politicians are involved.  That's all that matters.

Better believe it's going to be huge topic going into Derby.  You and me may think 500 dying not so bad given the number of races but the guy tunining in 1x a year isn't going to think that.

When Barbaro and 8 Belles went down, the tracks got out in front of the issues and got by.  This time, they are stumbling and bumbling.
MANY FACTORS LIKELY INVOLVED
THEY GRAPPLING AGREED
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
MANY FACTORS LIKELY INVOLVED
THEY GRAPPLING AGREED
HBO Real Sports hit piece on its way.

My people tell me.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 09:30:40 PM »
HBO Real Sports hit piece on its way.

My people tell me.

ANOTHER CLOSURE NOT IMPOSSIBLE EITHER
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
ANOTHER CLOSURE NOT IMPOSSIBLE EITHER
My people didn't tell me that.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »
My people didn't tell me that.

THANK YOU WOODFORD
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Jctoronto

• Jr. Open
AFTER 15 YEARS AT THE RACETRACK, I CAN NEVER WATCH ANOTHER HORSERACE
by Elizabeth Banicki

*you'll have to google to get..i couldn't transfer it in here.

#Me Too

• NW-2/3
thank god for PETA or you bastards would kill every animal, just to make money
Ms Cortez is the New Boss. and she is not the same as the Old Boss

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • bigwrench: Firing up the snowmobile for day of riding and fucking off!!!!
    Today at 08:23:47 AM
  • Fatboy: My hometown is buried
    November 11, 2019, 04:00:43 PM
  • bigwrench: White out conditions here..up to 5inches forcast..so LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT FUCKING SNOW!!!
    November 11, 2019, 03:16:00 PM
  • Fatboy: dominance was the payoff
    November 10, 2019, 06:47:47 PM
  • bigwrench: Some payola come into play?  63xz.2 11.lgzh
    November 10, 2019, 05:41:00 PM
  • Fatboy: LSU #1 lmao
    November 10, 2019, 05:27:42 PM
  • bigwrench: Snow fluries fluter down@ Northville
    November 09, 2019, 09:10:56 PM
  • magalight: its damn cold out here!!
    November 09, 2019, 01:56:11 AM