Author Topic: Santa Anita loses a 23rd horse since Christmas..in the San Simeon  (Read 1373 times)

Jctoronto

• Jr. Open
Arms Runner..the latest fatality

2 horses go down - santa anita's turf to dirt portion of track
takes down this one

Back to the drawing board or ?

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
Re: Santa Anita loses a 23rd horse since Christmas..in the San Simeon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:53:38 PM »
I watched the replay, horse could have took a bad step.

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
This whole Santa Anita thing IMO is the biggest cover up and deflection of the truth. The breakdowns and fatalities IMO are wholly because of the rampant use of drugs because of the 23 fatalities. The CHRB is a joke along with Stronach bringing in what the public perceives as strict rules towards drugs. You could have the best trackmen in the world work on that surface and as we have seen still more fatalities so you can eliminate that excuse it's to do with the track. If Baffert, O'Neill and the rest of the chemists start moving elsewhere there will be fatalities at those tracks. And they wonder why their fan base has eroded and in the world of gaming they really are a non-entity.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 02:12:43 PM »
I watched the replay, horse could have took a bad step.
At this point, it probably doesn't matter even if that is true.  "Horses take bad steps" doesn't work as an excuse any more to the public.

People watch the Ky Derby and that's it as far as horse racing being a sport people understand.

Other than the Derby, ESPN and the news only report on breakdowns and drugs in the sport.

So not only do non-sports fans not get that "horses have always died on the track", but sports fans in general don't get it either because all they see are horses snapping legs.

And they all ask why is this allowed to go on as a sport?

I always thought racing would die a more natural death but I think I've been wrong and it will instead be legislated/regulated out of existence.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 02:25:19 PM »
GOING DOWNHILL AND CROSSING ANOTHER ROUTE ENROUTE TO THE WIRE DONT AGREE WITH MANY LIKE #23 EITHER tmbz1
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
GOING DOWNHILL AND CROSSING ANOTHER ROUTE ENROUTE TO THE WIRE DONT AGREE WITH MANY LIKE #23 EITHER tmbz1
idk about that.  He had won 3 of 5 starts down the hill before yesterday.  So, ...

But yes, I've seen some weird shit on that turn.   And horrific breakdowns, especially back when they kept stakes races on the turf in the rain.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
idk about that.  He had won 3 of 5 starts down the hill before yesterday.  So, ...

But yes, I've seen some weird shit on that turn.   And horrific breakdowns, especially back when they kept stakes races on the turf in the rain.

TRAIN ON DIRT ALOT THEN SWITCH FOR THE RACE ON OCCASION TOO WOULD BE MY GUESS, BUT I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES SO, DUNNO......
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »
TRAIN ON DIRT ALOT THEN SWITCH FOR THE RACE ON OCCASION TOO WOULD BE MY GUESS, BUT I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES SO, DUNNO......
That's ok.  I'm here to help.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 03:37:14 PM »
That's ok.  I'm here to help.

IM GONNA LOWER THE ANGLE ON ONE
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
AND WHATS AND IDEAL RED COUNT?
THANX IN ADVANCE ;D
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 03:38:09 PM »
Just to let everyone know.
All tracks with turf course have seen a trend in last couple years. They schedule more on turf. Bigger fields to allow bigger handle.
They also schedule short turf. Not sayin this pony was not bred for turf. Have not looked. But this downhill and has crazy fractions. Not mentioning crossing dirt late.
Since FRIDAY,at SANTA. The dirt. Times have closed at close to 1:12 for 6. These horses were running their at 1:09. That a difference of 15 lengths. They did something to the track. Give them credit for that.
If one's a bettor. With switch to turf with 5 or 6 races a card,trainers are forced to run turf. BRED for DIRT. Horses that are not turf bred can not compete. They show fast splits on dirt and trainers think that will transfer to turf. You can,if you BRED and a first timer on it. That your bettin advantage. The rest are also runs.
Don't know if this PONY took a bad step. But I do know. This track is loaded with JUICE TRAINERS. NOW they off and need a lot of time to re-adjust. This breakdown SHIT won't STOP there. Look for 3 and 4 horse races.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
Just to let everyone know.
All tracks with turf course have seen a trend in last couple years. They schedule more on turf. Bigger fields to allow bigger handle.
They also schedule short turf. Not sayin this pony was not bred for turf. Have not looked. But this downhill and has crazy fractions. Not mentioning crossing dirt late.
Since FRIDAY,at SANTA. The dirt. Times have closed at close to 1:12 for 6. These horses were running their at 1:09. That a difference of 15 lengths. They did something to the track. Give them credit for that.
If one's a bettor. With switch to turf with 5 or 6 races a card,trainers are forced to run turf. BRED for DIRT. Horses that are not turf bred can not compete. They show fast splits on dirt and trainers think that will transfer to turf. You can,if you BRED and a first timer on it. That your bettin advantage. The rest are also runs.
Don't know if this PONY took a bad step. But I do know. This track is loaded with JUICE TRAINERS. NOW they off and need a lot of time to re-adjust. This breakdown SHIT won't STOP there. Look for 3 and 4 horse races.

JOHN FRANK YOU ARE CORRECT
GOOD POST
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 04:03:38 PM »
IM GONNA LOWER THE ANGLE ON ONE
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
AND WHATS AND IDEAL RED COUNT?
THANX IN ADVANCE ;D
1.  Expect a wide rage of possible outcomes.  Hope for a slightly longer stride without sacrifificing othrwise.
2.  I'm of the mind 45%-48% is best.  That said, I can be convinced otherwise.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »
1.  Expect a wide rage of possible outcomes.  Hope for a slightly longer stride without sacrifificing othrwise.
2.  I'm of the mind 45%-48% is best.  That said, I can be convinced otherwise.

IM HERE TO HELP
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Calhoun

• Elite

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 03:23:54 AM »
Before Woodbine put in the best Turf in North America (E.P.Taylor) they had the Marshall Turf where they had to cross the dirt and they had more than a few go wobbly and go down and this was level ground unlike Santa Anita. I really believe that Stronach will start liquidating his west coast tracks for the land values because now even "The Great Race Place" is not so great.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Hitman: Middleton
    July 16, 2019, 08:03:43 PM
  • MagnaballGin: Good luck JOHN FRANK ARMY!
    July 13, 2019, 11:19:15 AM
  • Under The STick: It's almost PACE DAY!!!
    July 12, 2019, 04:54:53 PM
  • bigwrench: In the good ol summer time
    July 09, 2019, 03:19:23 PM
  • scu77: grand swan
    July 05, 2019, 01:18:18 PM
  • MagnaballGin: Happy 4th of July!
    July 04, 2019, 11:17:04 AM
  • Fatboy: thanx
    July 03, 2019, 09:20:27 PM
  • bigwrench: Thanks FB ..the money order is in the mail
    July 03, 2019, 09:18:12 PM