Author Topic: 'Inquiry minds' want to know....judges booth at harness track...  (Read 9865 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
'Inquiry minds' want to know....judges booth at harness track...
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »
Has this ever happened in a harness track judges booth:

a)  judge(s) 'did not agree with' a photo finish result and possibly altered it or 'saw it differently' before posting

b)  judge(s) altered photo result because of backstretch phone call or what might have been purchased earlier in their pocket.

c)  judge(s) at' b ' track for example put up inquiry sign after race because someone in pari-mutuel/tote phoned them 'suggesting' only .40 cents of longshot super was sold (totalling whole payout pool of $3100 and NONE of it was bought by local horsemen..resulti ng in a very questionable inquiry eventually taking down 60-1 place horse totally off ticket..and slicing up pie much more favorably for local horsemen...Does that happen? Do judges have that kind of power to adjust result to keep the monry 'in house'?

Just asking....thought couple of you might have heard something.
..maybe not.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: 'Inquiry minds' want to know....judges booth at harness track...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »
have they ever been watching a sporting event on tv instead of watching warm ups for lame horses

do they show up after warm ups begin .

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 03:26:41 PM »
The photo finish is computerized.You cannot alter it.Why some finishes look different on the video is because the video camera is way to the right or left of the actual finish line.The photo finish camera is perpendicular to the racetrack.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »
I can remember the track vet actually watching the horses score before a race and scratching some horses.  Now you need a court order to scratch a horse. 

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Photos have been doctored at every track since i started going in 1972,once in my 20's i demanded to go up to the photo booth at Hazel Park,the woman that worked the photo finishes showed me how they are done,she actually showed me how she could put the finish line anywhere she wanted on the pic,true story

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 05:29:51 PM »
Some finish photos leave more questions than answers as the wire appears angled or otherwise altered! Check out the place photo in the second at Pompano Thursday night! No way the 6 horse got up for a dead heat! The photo shown had the line distinctly slanted!

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 05:52:16 PM »
  Judges fixing photos and checking tickets before posting results IS ABSOLUTLY FUCKIN CLASSIC ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 05:58:47 PM »
Yes and quite a few horses do not warm up well and race big.  This argument goes both ways.
When I worked with a state Vet. at Finger Lakes TB track, the Vet kept a notebook on every horse. Before the race he and the Vet's assistant would look up each entry and review their history behind the gait and general fitness. We also kept a complete log on all horses at the spitbox. How they cooled out and their habits when collecting urine and blood. That was many moons ago. Does any track vet get this proactive, anymore.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »
The photo finish is computerized.You cannot alter it.Why some finishes look different on the video is because the video camera is way to the right or left of the actual finish line.The photo finish camera is perpendicular to the racetrack.

Loved the old camera angle at Yonkers. Yrs ago used  to watch a fair number of races at it. The unaware would regularly insist the outside horse won.

spaheaven

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
Line is added to photo and can easily be slanted.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:52 PM »
HUMPTY KNEW ngc3

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 01:30:47 AM »
By rule, they do not have to go by the photo results. Stewards have FINAL say on results. Look it up in the state rulebooks.

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 05:46:39 AM »
You people are paranoid schizophrenics.Th e photo finish camera is fixed to the judges stand.Believe me I know what I'm talking about.If the judges were as corrupt as you say, they would all be rich. Why would horses Pay say 50$ to win if the judges were betting.Think about it people!

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 11:57:31 AM »
You people are paranoid schizophrenics.Th e photo finish camera is fixed to the judges stand.Believe me I know what I'm talking about.If the judges were as corrupt as you say, they would all be rich. Why would horses Pay say 50$ to win if the judges were betting.Think about it people!
tmbz1

Sam R

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
I had a horse, Crystal Symphony, finish second in a race at 30-1. In the stretch the driver of the winner Mike Forte came out and almost knocked another driver out of the bike. The inquiry went up and Gene King an every night regular came over and said I have your horse on top and Forte has to come down. I told him that there was no chance that presiding judge Frank Pelligrino would put my horse up. Sure enough there was no change to the order of finish. I had many run ins with Pelligrino and he bent the rules on that one for his personal bias.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    Today at 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    Today at 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    Today at 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    Today at 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only other Sand Rats I suppose?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:30 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal