Author Topic: Anyone bet the rolling doubles at The Meadowlands?  (Read 3845 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: Anyone bet the rolling doubles at The Meadowlands?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 05:14:54 PM »
Double paid $64.80.

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 08:46:06 PM »
Steve hit a new low

With trump reigning supreme he must be worried for his disability check

More off the rocker than Calhoun

Steve save yourself the reply the volcano vaporizer is put down I’m a crack head etc 
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

swoodall

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 09:40:09 PM »
I've played a few and thought the payoffs on my horses were more than fair. Theyve been pounding odds on horses. I like that; generally I'll play a longshot with a few live horses.

The last double in the 13 and 14 was generous. The chalk was pounded in the last.

The 7 in the 13th paid $4.40 and the 6 in the last $16.40.

I'd be happy if I hit that with the return.

I would think @ $45 to $50 should be the return there.

If you want to play doubles you can't wager on two chalks and you have to watch the probables and play one or two DD late.

I made my first post with the pools before the races were over, that was a decent double.

But everyone is used to playing a DD in the first two and last two races.

These guys are intentionally focusing on the takeout and avoiding addressing the reasons the Meadowlands gave for making the change in format.

They churn and burn....slow and steady decline....6% slower due to the lower takeout. ngc3

swoodall

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »
With thoughts like that from swoodall, no wonder he is a big loser.. slow and steady wins the race, always has, always will

Hey! I have a great idea!

Why don't we let the worst cheaters harness racing has ever known decide on how to attract the gamblers back? angbk

If those new DD pools can average $10,000, the Einsteins like you will have an extra $600 to share with the lower takeout.

If you clowns think an extra $600 divided among the winning tickets under this new format is going to attract T-Bred players, new players or additional wagering money then you lost your friggin minds. angbk   

swoodall

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »
Thanks Darin

One of the few intelligent things u have ever said

Really?

19% vs 25% is going to add anywhere from an extra $390 to $720 in the DD pools using tonight's numbers.

You have lost the big picture.

swoodall

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 10:08:49 PM »
Steve hit a new low

With trump reigning supreme he must be worried for his disability check

More off the rocker than Calhoun

Steve save yourself the reply the volcano vaporizer is put down I’m a crack head etc

You are the master of low expectations! angbk

Continuous use of that Volcano Vaporizer has you believing a lower takeout adding an extra $600 into the pool is going to make a difference on where gamblers are going to wager their money.

My original point was T-Bred players will laugh in the face of any harness racing executive who tries to convince them this new format is a good deal. ngc3 ngc3

Blaming takeout for small pool sizes is an excuse that won't change a damn thing. angbk 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal