Author Topic: humor me..WORST WIN PHOTO EVER??? this aft at..  (Read 563 times)

Jctoronto

• Top Claimer
humor me..WORST WIN PHOTO EVER??? this aft at..
« on: December 26, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »
TAMPA BAY DOWNS OPENER.

NICE TO SEE T'BRED TRACKS SCREWING PUBLIC OVER TOO WATCH THE REPLAY

6 holds off 2...but doesnt...or does he?

clearly 2 got up..but not judges there...shocking predetermined shit how bad he was beat and still got 11.00 win.

take a look, break p into smaller grops and get back to me.

THE WORST JUDGES DECISION OF YEAR.  I THINK SO.

Noor

• NW-2/3
Re: humor me..WORST WIN PHOTO EVER??? this aft at..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:00:46 AM »
Everytime I read one of these I laugh out loud. You obviously know nothing of what it takes to first decide the winner, and then secondarily show those results to the crowd.

Often, the win position photo is made at a completely different enlargement size than the one the public views.

You cannot cheat the camera when it is calibrated correctly. The majority of tracks today use either the Finish Lynx or a Japanese system (brand name?) of cameras that are taking pieces of photo about an inch at a time: you can see the periodicity in the backdrop of the track. The "shutter" is open only at that narrow fraction of the field which is regularly calibrated to be exactly perpendicular to the finish line as to negate parallax.

The line you see on the photo is a graphic that is overlaid on the scan so the operator can move it up and back to align with horses noses. In a very close situation, the stewards usually call for the line to be put, separately, on both noses to see if there is any "nose" beyond the line. Long ago when negatives were used and a "line" of wire was brought into for comparison between horses, the operator could fudge a close finish to be a dead heat by using a much thicker wire, but now with standardization within the software that is not a factor. The only variances you have with the line is color: you try to contrast the line color from the background color to make it more striking.

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
The white on the underside of the outside horse's muzzle makes it appear to not come up to the line in the operner shot on December 26th...I would wager you that the determination of first place was not done at the same enlargement factor as was represented in that photo.

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »
6 was the winner......That is obvious from both the photo and the reflection although I would check the alignment as they are not directly parallel.

You cannot judge a finish from anywhere but exactly ON the finish line as parallax will give you a distorted image. It doesn't take being far off to get fooled. I don't know how many owners and trainers used to travel up to the roof sure of themselves that the photo was wrong...Never was, a single time, in years of questioning them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:22:50 AM by Noor »

Iceman

• Stakes Horse
  • CJ842591
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
Photo finish camera as mentioned is probably the most honest thing at the track. Tampa will blatantly fuck you over but not in a photo finish. The top 5-6 trainers will account for most starters and wins yet you get a big fat zero profit.

Overbetting

• Jr. Open
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
tampa camera is several feet before finish,,,,,,gives outside horse false advantage,,,same goes when camera is positioned just past finish,gives inside false advantage....Get use to it at tampa,,,you think you won, until photo is up...several tracks are like this,,,most notable was Yonkers for Harness,,,cam was so far before finish,,false view had you thinking inside horse won,,until photo would go up and the outside horse was 1/2 length in front at wire

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
Pure ignorance talking here.

As an aside The Organization of Racing Investigators just held their convention at this venue.

The track would easily lose its accreditation with the other organized venues if that were true. How in the world would anyone know, beforehand, whether you need to bolster the wider horse or the one closer to the rail pre-race??? That would also require that the mirror would have to be moved and angulated (NO distortion allowed please or that would show up as well) beforehand and then moved later. Ever try to move that mirror? It is bolted in a frame angled perfectly parallel (at the time of calibration, to the perpendicular of the cameras above).

An official from the racing organization randomly comes in and requires the camera operator to run a strip in test mode for him. The area near the base of the mirror than contains a metallic pattern and if the camera is not perpendicular to it, the 5 to 6 striated lines will not show up on the test strip. and with all this going on YOU think it is mobile?  You have to move the camera in the three planes available while the test strip runs in order to bring it back in view. At a standardbred track I worked at they used orange cones on either side of the track placed exactly across from one another. When there was an orange border to the top and bottom of the scan, you knew you were perpendicular with the striations as a secondary standard.

If you ever actually went up to see the camera alignments they are bolted to the floor in a steel cage and can only be altered in the three planes, frontal , transverse or sagittal by small increments from the stem that the camera sits out on..

All this fictional dogma persists floundering in ignorance.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:37:28 PM by Noor »

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »
Tampa Bay Downs has been in operation since 1926 and became a member of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations of North America in 1967

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
tampa camera is several feet before finish,,,,,,gives outside horse false advantage,,,same goes when camera is positioned just past finish,gives inside false advantage....Get use to it at tampa,,,you think you won, until photo is up...several tracks are like this,,,most notable was Yonkers for Harness,,,cam was so far before finish,,false view had you thinking inside horse won,,until photo would go up and the outside horse was 1/2 length in front at wire

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
THICK WHITE PHOTO LINE WAS A BETTER LIE
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Overbetting

• Jr. Open
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 07:13:41 PM »
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Fatso ,,its fact

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »
ANother thing. HOW in the world would "the powers that be" be able to guess which of two close horses was THEIR choice over the other?

Whole idea of the fix is nutty.

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
ANother thing. HOW in the world would "the powers that be" be able to guess which of two close horses was THEIR choice over the other?

Whole idea of the fix is nutty.
THEY CHECK THEIR TICKETS BEFORE THEY DECLARE
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

Noor

• NW-2/3
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 08:27:52 PM »
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
the black one appear to be the thinnest

Fatboy

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
the black one appear to be the thinnest

ITS A GREAT STORY EITHER WAY tmbz1
EGGNORE LIST EPIC FAIL

spaheaven

• Jr. Open
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
With digital photos the finish line and Angle of the line can be changed in seconds...in fact parx once put a photo up that had no finish line in it...the tech downloading the pic can do whatever he wants before the stewards see it.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Overbetting: MLK day...anyone celebrate it,,NOPE!
    Today at 04:03:48 PM
  • Overbetting: ouch
    Today at 04:02:15 PM
  • bigwrench: Ewwww#!!!
    Today at 10:50:46 AM
  • Fatboy: DUCOLAX
    Today at 10:25:48 AM
  • bigwrench: Afterthats its  11.chrz 43xc.2
    Today at 10:25:08 AM
  • bigwrench: Nah today i get injected with some dye and then get to lay in a cramped mri machine that sounds like being inside a jet engine
    Today at 10:23:46 AM
  • TWOGOLDTEEFS: Take you some Monistat 7 you will get to feelin better
    Today at 10:21:04 AM
  • bigwrench: Im out of it today lucky me
    Today at 09:48:57 AM