Author Topic: Swandrethegiant  (Read 17779 times)

horses first

• Elite
Re: Swandrethegiant
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 09:46:14 AM »
Fuck yes it's a easy sell. You want longevity in the game it's playing with somebody else's money. You entrench yourself with good thoughts when u own a good one that what the horse could possible win and the money potential behind it. But really does it ever play out. On a % base at least. You definitely see horses over time run the table as they become a superstar. That's the risk. So I been told over time "it's never  bad thing to take the silver then hoping you win the gold"(I've wish in hindsight I'd listen more to that advice). Hell in this situation with over 200k banked and another 1.0m plus they not only hit gold but a little platinum in the deal. Good for them. I'm from IL and those aren't household names that I recognize at yearly sales. Life changing or not that's a homerun with guys on base. A Grand slam is getting a Muscle Hill, Donanto Hanover, Cantab Hall, a Andover Hall. It just doesn't happen everyday. Will Swandre the Giant be that?  At this point those 4 previous owners don't care. They will be focusing on trying to secure future new chances. One piece of advice...this is a brutal business where it doesn't take long to lose that money if you jump into the deep end of the pool.

On a different note what the hell has made that track over the last two years one of the fastest NA racing ovals. It wasn't a place where you needed a 50-51 pacer at 2 to win the sire stake races. And trotters in 54. 2 yr olds. Then trotters in 52 in change at 3. I'm not the only one wondering. I don't get the theory that each track needs to be faster then the next.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »
indy sires series are very hard \\probbaly the hardest in the country

u better come there with a fast pacer or trotter or u got nothing

anyone who disagrees come try your luck

its fckin really hard,,

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
AA...sloshing around? It's the same money that just churned around because the current situation of the economy and stock markets are doing very well. Your comment is meaningless if it was currently Sept 2008 into Jan 2009. There would be NO SLOSHING! It would be selling for pennies on the dollar. It's like any other business doing well in good times. Taking that risk because funds are currently available. Yes the yearling sales should be near the past two years on average or could be more. AA the current cycle says push along and no head winds until you get into late 2019 and into 2020. But all cycles end sometime and that will start to worry industries that rely on other industries for funding support.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 10:57:54 AM »
Looks like the reported names are Diamond Creek which I kind of figured. Adam has put together a pretty good operation. Has also been buying up some thoroughbred mares and spending some money on yearlings in that game. Then Jerry Silva and HT coming along for the ride.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
anyone who disagrees come try your luck

its fckin really hard,,

That’s what the women say about me

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »
There ain't no fucking way $1 MIL or more changed hands for this horse. 

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »
These are the seven figures.  $99,999.99.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Winners Win

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
There ain't no fucking way $1 MIL or more changed hands for this horse. 

Confirmed, it did.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 03:15:21 PM »
i agree with the comments
life changing money i am sure
the only reason i say tough to sell was not financially but for the ride
if you already have cash than having a top trotter would be a fun ride
but if you are new to the business , take the cash ,hide some away and buy a few more for fun
my understanding is the stable.ca trained him down and sent him to bates for the sires stakes

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »
Fuck yes it's a easy sell. You want longevity in the game it's playing with somebody else's money. You entrench yourself with good thoughts when u own a good one that what the horse could possible win and the money potential behind it. But really does it ever play out. On a % base at least. You definitely see horses over time run the table as they become a superstar. That's the risk. So I been told over time "it's never  bad thing to take the silver then hoping you win the gold"(I've wish in hindsight I'd listen more to that advice). Hell in this situation with over 200k banked and another 1.0m plus they not only hit gold but a little platinum in the deal. Good for them. I'm from IL and those aren't household names that I recognize at yearly sales. Life changing or not that's a homerun with guys on base. A Grand slam is getting a Muscle Hill, Donanto Hanover, Cantab Hall, a Andover Hall. It just doesn't happen everyday. Will Swandre the Giant be that?  At this point those 4 previous owners don't care. They will be focusing on trying to secure future new chances. One piece of advice...this is a brutal business where it doesn't take long to lose that money if you jump into the deep end of the pool.

On a different note what the hell has made that track over the last two years one of the fastest NA racing ovals. It wasn't a place where you needed a 50-51 pacer at 2 to win the sire stake races. And trotters in 54. 2 yr olds. Then trotters in 52 in change at 3. I'm not the only one wondering. I don't get the theory that each track needs to be faster then the next.

congrats to the sellers, they turned a $17,000 yearling into a huge winner!

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »
AA...sloshing around? It's the same money that just churned around because the current situation of the economy and stock markets are doing very well. Your comment is meaningless if it was currently Sept 2008 into Jan 2009. There would be NO SLOSHING! It would be selling for pennies on the dollar. It's like any other business doing well in good times. Taking that risk because funds are currently available. Yes the yearling sales should be near the past two years on average or could be more. AA the current cycle says push along and no head winds until you get into late 2019 and into 2020. But all cycles end sometime and that will start to worry industries that rely on other industries for funding support.

Diamond Creek did the same type of transaction with Downbytheseaside

if times (economy, stock market) weren't good, these types of purchases wouldn't be occuring

I believe the sales will be strong 

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Yes you are Brown Jug that the Stable did train that one down and it went to Bates. But I'm not sure why it didn't race in the Stable name like they all do. Maybe the 4 owners bought everyone out at some point? I know that has happened to a couple horses. But again not sure.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:17 PM »
Wasn't very impressive tonight.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

HHTremor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 11:17:48 PM »
Wasn't very impressive tonight.

They will have the vet look at him. I am sure he was "sick". White blood cell count of 10.3 LOL

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 11:21:11 PM »
Can someone elaborate on this part:
A son of Swan For All, Swandre The Giant was a $17,000 yearling purchase at the 2017 Hoosier Classic Sale by TheStable.ca’s Anthony MacDonald who broke the trotter at his base at the Timoko Training Center in Ontario. Swandre The Giant is out of the Valley Victor mare Adagio, who blossomed from a zero-for-10 freshman season in 2010 into a $250,000 Kentucky Sires Stakes champion in 2011, finishing her career with $216,330 in earnings and a mark of 1:57.

So did TheStable subsequently sell this one?  73cv.2

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    Today at 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    Today at 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only other Sand Rats I suppose?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:30 PM
  • Unclejerry: Who care's about a bunch of sand rats, Im more concerned about Joe turning this country into a 3rd world shithole.
    April 16, 2024, 04:41:48 PM
  • dougie: Why can't people just talk harness racing instead of politics?
    April 16, 2024, 12:11:21 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal