Author Topic: Are there too many Overnight Races?  (Read 3837 times)

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
Are there too many Overnight Races?
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
 Junk racing against junk, same old same old.  The betting public seems to agree. 14, 15 race cards bore people to death. Good steaks racing is what this sport needs more of.  The best against the best.
  Way too many people think their horses are RACE HORSES.  Glorified money making pets are all they are.  Everybody should be required to race  colts and fillies, and pay to race them. Just drop them in the box is something that needs to be done away with.  And the sooner the better!

No more races for NON winners., lets support the winners

Inside The Pylons

• Top Claimer
Re: Are there too many Overnight Races?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »
Junk racing against junk, same old same old.  The betting public seems to agree. 14, 15 race cards bore people to death. Good steaks racing is what this sport needs more of.  The best against the best.
  Way too many people think their horses are RACE HORSES.  Glorified money making pets are all they are.  Everybody should be required to race  colts and fillies, and pay to race them. Just drop them in the box is something that needs to be done away with.  And the sooner the better!

I agree, too many harness races don't mean a shit. So I do my best to ignore them. The PA. tracks and the Ohio tracks especially.

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
This is so dumb.  No overnight races means no harness racing. 

It's already tough enough to get a horse that can pay for itself.  Eliminating overnights would make that even more impossible.  You really think there would be 5000 horses bred/yr if only 75 of them have races to run in and an even smaller # can pay for themselves?  ngc3 ngc3

Pull the Pocket

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »
 There  should be a limited lifetime number of a starts for a horse. Steaks races not included.  If you cant make it, tuff shit, you overpaid for the horse. And screw that 14 year old shit. I am in favor of dropping the age to end a career to a better number... say 10.

Pull the Pocket

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »

Ringo

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 03:15:24 PM »
There  should be a limited lifetime number of a starts for a horse. Steaks races not included.  If you cant make it, tuff shit, you overpaid for the horse. And screw that 14 year old shit. I am in favor of dropping the age to end a career to a better number... say 10.

I have been saying this for years. Limit the lifetime number of starts. Reduce the allowable age to a lower number. Do it before Peta does.
 The Amish would be more than willing to help us achieve this goal

E E Doogie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
 Just a long as the card is long enough so I can make 3 or 4 trips thru the buffet. That is all I care about.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 06:31:13 PM »
SAME HERE

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »
Stop breeding shit to shit

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 09:20:44 PM »

You are a total fool

Bacchus

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
 Yes because betting on two and three-year-olds with very little past performances to go by is much more enjoyable to bet-obviously I’m being sarcastic-I’ll take overnight Races over two and three-year-old sire stakes races which at the end of the day or just a crapshoot half the time.

I’ll agree with you for four-year-olds and up but not for the babies.

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 02:12:51 PM »
You're a fucking idiot. Yonkers carded an all stake night and M1 with it's 5k and 7.5k claimers tripled Yonkers in handle. Jackass!! 
hes also a blithering idiot!!
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

TW

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »
Pennsylvania tracks suck gas anyway.

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
Freehold would not have a meet without them.

Nostrathomas

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
Could people please stop writing "steak" races, instead of "stake" races. Unless you're inferring that Yonkers is the New York strip... Thank you.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal