Author Topic: Justice after all !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2187 times)

Boxed In

• Stakes Horse
Justice after all !!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 27, 2018, 12:59:11 PM »
At a time when the NFL’s front office has implored teams to refrain from drawing attention to a national anthem policy that is still in limbo, Dallas Cowboys ownership is plowing forward with one unambiguous message: If you’re going to be a Cowboy, you’re standing.

Period. End of story.

That was the implied message from owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday. His son Stephen, who is the Cowboys’ CEO and head of player personnel, drilled even further down onto his father’s message Thursday, flatly stating on a radio appearance that Cowboys players will stand for the anthem or face losing their job with the team. Speaking to 1310 AM The Ticket, Jones said that means no forms of protest during the national anthem whatsoever, including choosing to stay inside the locker room during the ceremonies. That latter point – punishing players for staying off the field during the anthem – appears to violate the league’s new policy, which says personnel can remain in the locker room.

Asked if he believed if all Cowboys players would honor the rule, Stephen Jones said: “If they want to be a Dallas Cowboy, yes.”

“There’s one way to do it right in our mind, and that’s go toes on the line and stand for the anthem,” Jones said “… This is an organizational thing. We feel strongly about it. We don’t think it’s a controversy. We just think that’s the way we do it. Jerry feels strongly about it. I think he’s had a good feel for what our organization should be over 30 years. I think it’s paid off for our players for the most part.”

“I’m going to do what I’ve always done and stand,” linebacker Sean Lee told reporters. “I believe that there’s social injustice that needs to change in this country that’s serious. But I also believe that I’m going to stand for the anthem, because I feel like I’m blessed to be an American, and I’m blessed to have two grandfathers who served.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:02:37 PM by Boxed In »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Time to wake up Admin. Bring back XYZ, this place needs resuscitation.
    Today at 01:57:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: This Site has gone completly down hill.  Iceland must be the next Israel.
    Today at 01:56:39 PM
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal