Author Topic: Aaron Merriman  (Read 19341 times)

the master

• Stakes Horse
Re: Aaron Merriman
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 06:08:27 PM »
Different times different era! Like comparing apples to oranges! To say AM has no talent is totally ludicrous and underscores the difficulty of driving winners! I always maintained a certain amount of respect for Pigland but dementia must be setting in!

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 06:22:07 PM »
Different times different era! Like comparing apples to oranges! To say AM has no talent is totally ludicrous and underscores the difficulty of driving winners! I always maintained a certain amount of respect for Pigland but dementia must be setting in!
im good

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
. Do you ever watch him @ Scioto, he gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis there when he shows up!!

I'm watching 2nite.  He looks pretty good to me

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
I'm watching 2nite.  He looks pretty good to me
cause he won by 10 on a drugged up horse?

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 10:00:47 PM »
cause he won by 10 on a drugged up horse?
[/quote

Putting on a clinic for all u non believers.  Think he has 4 or 5 tonight so far   

HomewardBound

• Top Claimer
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »

Putting on a clinic for all u non believers.  Think he has 4 or 5 tonight so far   

Cause no Chris Lems there tonight.   Chris has mixed up the driving colony.

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
Cause no Chris Lems there tonight.   Chris has mixed up the driving colony.

How many starts has he had?  I'll reserve my judgement on Mr lens till end of the meet.  Granted he hasn't looked too bad  tmbz1

LockedOnALine

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 11:36:05 PM »
I'm watching 2nite.  He looks pretty good to me

Watch every night, then let me know what you truly think. One night is a rather SMALL SAMPLE. Or better yet go watch some replays of the nights he has been there the last month,then speak your opinion. tmbz1

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »
 Watch every night, then let me know what you truly think. One night is a rather SMALL SAMPLE. Or better yet go watch some replays of the nights he has been there the last month,then speak your opinion. tmbz1
[/quot

I do watch often maybe not every night.  Yes he's not there every night so he doesn't get the drives that Danny Chris and jeremy does.  But when he is there if u look at the lines he has a tendency to pick a horse up.  Sorta like tony hall.  Look at the success the man has at THREE tracks at the same time!!!!  Just think if he concentrated at 1 track.

Most bets are off

• NW-1
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
  "consistently GREAT driver"...if Aaron Merriman is considered a consistently GREAT driver, then this game is in much bigger decline at a much faster rate, than we all thought. He may be good at best. He Is a Medows misfit, and beats up on a very very poor driver colony @ Northfield. Do you ever watch him @ Scioto, he gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis there when he shows up!!

He IS great. He's always out to win or get a cheque - not a cheater. His hands and his reading of a race are just fine, thank you. His gruelling morning til night drive-aholic routine is unparalleled. He doesn't do particularly well at Scioto or Miami Valley, etc. because he doesn't get the hot horses there. After the long morning drive from Cleveland, he looks great against a decent driver colony at The Meadows. Brett Miller didn't exactly dominate there. On the rare occasions that he's showed up at The Meadowlands, he hasn't embarrased himself. And he's SMART enough to make a very good living where he is, rather than to relocate to the horrible big city somewhere to butt egos with the greats. Sylvain Filion used to toy with a fairly weak group in Montreal. When he got to Toronto, he was past his prime, but still looked pretty good. In his prime, Merriman could have easily been a top three driver anywhere, possibly number one.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
He IS great. He's always out to win or get a cheque - not a cheater. His hands and his reading of a race are just fine, thank you. His gruelling morning til night drive-aholic routine is unparalleled. He doesn't do particularly well at Scioto or Miami Valley, etc. because he doesn't get the hot horses there. After the long morning drive from Cleveland, he looks great against a decent driver colony at The Meadows. Brett Miller didn't exactly dominate there. On the rare occasions that he's showed up at The Meadowlands, he hasn't embarrased himself. And he's SMART enough to make a very good living where he is, rather than to relocate to the horrible big city somewhere to butt egos with the greats. Sylvain Filion used to toy with a fairly weak group in Montreal. When he got to Toronto, he was past his prime, but still looked pretty good. In his prime, Merriman could have easily been a top three driver anywhere, possibly number one.

TY AARON

Pacers69

• Top Claimer
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2019, 08:57:01 PM »
A Rod is a full second better then any driver at Nfld. Allard I forgot is there now. So 2 drivers a second better then the rest

Pacers69

• Top Claimer
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
A Rod 2 wins and a second out of his first 3 tonight so far

Roma Racing

• NW-1
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2019, 10:07:49 PM »
Aaron works his ass off to make money god bless America. Danny is great when his juice is working. He is a great driver but his training stats are unusual

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »
aaron has very little talent

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal