Author Topic: Everything Changes Except In Horse Racing  (Read 2007 times)

swoodall

Everything Changes Except In Horse Racing
« on: July 07, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
"The racing industry is in a critical period. Unable to adopt a uniform system of medication regulation, the racing industry faces possible federal regulation, something most industry leaders feel could be detrimental to the sport.

Legislation regarding the regulation of medications and drugs has been introduced in both the House and Senate. In response to possible federal regulation, the American Horse Council has called for a December meeting, hoping to establish a uniform industry-wide position regarding the medication issue."

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

This is verbatim from an article in the December 1982 Hoofbeats magazine which interviewed Anthony Chamblin and Michael Kalil about the subject.  Cam Fella is Horse of The Year on the cover.

That's 36 years ago and there is still no uniform medication regulation rules. tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3

Thanks to people in the past like the great Phil Langley heading the harness side no agreement could be reached.

Interesting side notes from 1982:

The Woodrow Wilson for 2 year olds was $1,957,500.00 that year.

Albatross stud fee at Hanover Shoe was $75,000.00

Niatross stud fee at Pine Hollow was $40,000.00

Fatboy

• Living Legend
Re: Everything Changes Except In Horse Racing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »
nice post my friend
i agree with all ur points
harness has gone backwards for many years now

i read all u posts
i think u know more about the illionois game than anyone else
u are my #1 poster on here..

TY LUCPAC

horses first

• Elite
Re: Everything Changes Except In Horse Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »
Harness racing had no foresight into the future to move the game along or streamline it when more avenues of gaming came along. I'm sure cheating has always been around. It's just human nature for ones trying to find a edge on someone else. Horse racing isn't the only place this happens.

However when simulcast came about it took away the horsemens key purse revenue....on track handle. There splits decreased quickly when people could go to a OTB. Then came along the bigger gorilla ADW. Track owners weren't smart enough to come up with this concept. You bet had that avenue, TVG, Express bet, and then Twinspires jumped into the fray. Imagine if race track owners had control of that monopoly which would funnel more money to purses. But they didn't.

More so it has now left bettors needing no brick and mortar what so ever and they get there betting rebates from the ADW site.

Also for years you had bigger bettors go offshore and that money not hitting the pools. Speaking of wagering pools they are disgusting and Swoodall has posted that many times along with most posters knowledge of harness racing pathetic pools.

Yes the downfall of this industry starts at the top with it's leadership...or lack of leadership. The sport will go down in flames as a me me only looking out for myself and no balls to police itself from within.  

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: HP's #1 Handcapper will be back with Mohawk Trifecta's Saturday 27
    April 26, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Indian24 don't have a dime to place a bet, his Mother gave him a computer
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:26 PM
  • Indian24: 5 horse box in a 7 horse field wtg
    April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Indian24: I'll make a bet that your a egotistical asshole
    April 26, 2024, 10:14:17 PM
  • Indian24: Already made my mind bets like you have
    April 26, 2024, 10:13:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Make a bet Indian24 your making a fool of your self
    April 26, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
  • Indian24: Lmao
    April 26, 2024, 10:01:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: Another Unc Jerry Trifecta At Mohawk $79.20 for a Dollar