Author Topic: Meadowlands: Saturday, May 5  (Read 6193 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
Meadowlands: Saturday, May 5
« on: May 05, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
Race One:

You may remember a 1970 gospel-tinged song by Pacific Gas & Electric (not the company) called: “Are You Ready?”  In this short-field opener, I’m picking 5 MIDWAY ISLAND.  Yet, I have this gnawing question.  Is this Somebeachsomewher e-bred 4-year old gelding ready?  That, my friends, is the question.  His recent qualifier at Philadelphia was excellent (I would have liked to have seen one more in East Rutherford).  Yet, having said all that, this guy could be up for the task.  Frankly, I wish I knew more about this fella’s stamina level.  One thing’s for sure, there’s a great supporting cast.  This guy’s trainer is the “Steel City’s” own, Ron Burke, Captain of “The Burke Brigade”.  His driver is the Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada native, Monsieur Yannick Gingras, Le Frelon Vert, “The Green Hornet”.  I’m gonna take a chance and say: “Yes, he’s ready!”  Others:  3 Soho Wallstreet A; 1 Sweet Rock; 6 Santiago Style.

Race Two:

3 TRANSITIONING JOY is my tepid, luke-warm, “throw caution to the wind” pick.  There are so many imponderables in this race.  Alright, let me tell you what I do like about this Barber Pole-bred bay colt.  First, I like his last race on Harrington, Delaware’s half-mile oval.  That first turn comes up very quickly.  And, although I didn’t see the replay, this guy appears to have been all-out to wrest the lead in that first panel; yet, once he was “on the engine, he easily maintained his lead and finished in a solid 1:54.2.   Yet, how will adapt to racing on “The Big Mile”?  If past is prologue, he’s should do well. This guy’s been competitive in both his recent “Big M” races.  Montrell Teague is in the sulky for trainer Clyde Francis.  Others: 6 Rock On Line; 4 Mach One; 6 Sir Bradford.

Race Three:

5 JK WILL POWER gets some post position relief.  “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, reprises the drive for trainer Andrew Harris.  This guy was as game as they come in the slop last week.  He ran into a buzz-saw in deep stretch to the fast-closing Santiago Style.  I guess, if there’s a concern, it’s this fella’s habit of failing “to take his vows,” i.e., win.  He has a propensity to play the runner-up “best man” or “groomsman” role.  He will need to “get off the schneid”.  Others: 7 Quality Bud; 1 Griffon Hanover; 4 Bupa Bruiser.

Race Four:

4 BRIGADIERBRONSKI A.  I just love these Aussie “shippers”.  I had picked this guy last week, but he was scratched sick.  How much that illness takes out of him is the big question.  If this fella’s “in the pink of health,” I believe this gelding can win, despite the short layoff.  It’s the “Aussie Duo,” “The Thunder from Down Under, Andy McCarthy, reprising the drive for trainer Tahnee Cammileri.  Others: 5 FrankandJoanne; 6 Trayvon; 8 The Fire Within.

Race Five:

1 SUPER FREEKEH appears to be rounding into form as evidenced by his showing in last week’s race.  This guy now gets some post position relief.  That makes him more of a factor.  This Artiscape-bred runs “evenly”; that means he should be poised near the front of the field.  “The Captain,” Corey Callahan is in the bike for trainer Paul Jessop.  Others: 5 Decoy, 6 Twin B Tuffenuff; 4 Dewar N Jack.

Race Six:

You don’t have to be too talkative to like 2 FILIBUSTER HANOVER (If you are too talkative, will impose the cloture rule).  This guy has turned in two excellent qualifiers in preparation for his return to the races.  If this fella’s as ready as he appears to be, he should win (remember: they’re pacing an additional furlong; stamina will be key).  Further, this gelding has drawn a very good starting post.  “The Sorel Speedster,” Yannick Gingras, should have this guy in an excellent pouncing position.  Ron Burke trains.  Others: 4 Blood Line; 3 Eddard Hanover; 5 Bags to Riches.

Race Seven:

6 CRAZY WOW. That was some tune-up for this Cutler Trot this guy put together last week.  Fresh off the bench and “he hits the ground running,” or should I say trotting.  One of the best in the business, “Buckeye,” Dave Miller reprises the drive.  Nota bene: Everyone will be tested for stamina in this one mile and one-eighth race.  Ron Burke trains this Crazed-bred horse.  Others: 2 Mambo Lindy; 12 Hannalore Hanover; 3 Sutton.

Race Eight:

In this “RACE For The GNOTES” Final, I’m going with the horse who, if he had drawn better, might well have gone off the chalk.  I'm talking about 8 DRUNK ON YOUR LOVE.   Yet, that’s what intrigues me.  If anyone can work out a trip, it’s one of the best reinsmen in North America, Monsieur Quebecois, Yannick Gingras.  It will – sans aucun doute (no doubt)– take some doing.  This guy will need both a fast pace up front and “live cover” on the backstretch if he’s to prevail.  Mark Ford owns and trains.  Others: 5 Ghost Pine; 1; Northern Virgin; 2 Mr Euroman N.

Race Nine:

11 MISO FAST gets me nod in “The Graduate”.  Yes, last week was “a clunker”.  But there are excuses; the sloppy track?  The recall?  The week that he missed?  Yet, I believe this guy can make amends.  He does start from the 2nd tier behind the #1.  If the #1 leaves – I suspect he will – that should give this guy a good starting position with not too much effort.  That can make all the difference in the world.  Daniel Dube, a native of Trois- Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, is in the sulky for trainer Virgil Morgan, Jr.  Others: 5 Lawrencetown Beach; 6 Music is Art; 8 Rock N Tony.

Race Ten:

1 BUCKEYE IN CHARGE is my longshot play on this evening’s card.  The driver switch is significant.  “The Buckeye,” Dave Miller, is in charge.  He’ll be guiding this 11-year old Real Artist-bred.  There’s definitely post position relief.  What intrigues me is that this guy, last week, at 60-1, made a brief brush that briefly put him into contention; but he flattened out and ended up languishing at the back of the back.  I’m not sure “Buckeye” can work miracles, but, if anyone can do it on the racetrack, Dave Miller is certainly the one.  Joe Pollio trains. Others: 6 Billy Button; 3 Daylyn Horizon; 2 Whata Twist.

Race Eleven:

It’s “Team Orange Crush”.  Andy and Julie Miller.  Yes, I’m picking 2 CHUCARO ACERO BC.  This Shadow Play-bred horse turned in a solid effort in Philadelphia in his last; he did fade to 4th after beginning competitive, early.  This fella now returns to “The Big M” where he acquitted himself quite well a few weeks a few weeks ago.  If this guy can show the kind of speed he flashed in that effort, he should prevail in this evening’s finale.  Others: 1 Deerfield Beach ; 9 Allblack Stride N; 3 Rockin The House.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Meadowlands: Saturday, May 5
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:01:52 AM »
Rock n tony .. tuff draw
Hopefully gets decent trip
Miso fast. Not right at this time
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:46:15 PM »
Looking forward to the Trot.  Hannelore always a treat to see on a big track.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »
Looking forward to the Trot.  Hannelore always a treat to see on a big track.

for sure

interesting to see who she starts behind

you are still a shmendrick btw tmbz1

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
60 mil in the wps pools at Churchill

That’s about 1/3 of the year for the meadowlands

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »
Andy Human Anchor Miller great drive in 3rd  73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
Horse hates the front end

Y put him on front

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 08:26:41 PM »
Quality bud couldn’t pace in 53 beating 6 claimers 2 months ago

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »
Equills

they paid 87 for jk

I think we stopped at 67 thk God

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »
Equills

they paid 87 for jk

I think we stopped at 67 thk God

no they paid 75

tht was a bit too much
but seems to be a decent buy IMO

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
blood line here

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »
blood line here

Are you on crack

2 / 10 lock zacta

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 09:42:07 PM »
no they paid 75

tht was a bit too much
but seems to be a decent buy IMO
Sorry had number messed up.

I know me and JM stopped at 67

They will never break even on that horse

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
Are you on crack

2 / 10 lock zacta

thought it was good price

nice pick

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal