Author Topic: Meadowlands: Saturday, April 28  (Read 4928 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
Meadowlands: Saturday, April 28
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
Race One:

6 RODEO ROMEO…”…wherefore art thou?”  Wasn’t that some mile this guy turned in at Pocono two weeks ago?  “The Thunder from ‘Down Under,’” Andy McCarthy -- he won last year’s Jugette at the Delaware County Fair with Caviart Ally -- is in the sulky for trainer Chris Ryder.  This Rocknroll Hanover-bred has loads of early speed.  He could be “on the engine”.  In his current sharp form…  Caveats: This horse will receive lots of attention at the mutuel windows.  Also, I find one-week layoffs, nettlesome.  I might consider: “Buying Insurance”.  Others: 1 Sweet Rock; 5 Check Six; 7 Bettor’s Edge.

Race Two:

1 AMERICAN VISION likely needed that first start of 2018.  He disappointed in that one; he finished 2nd as the odds-on fave (they crawled through the first half of that race).  Yet, this guy’s got so much going for him: The rail. “The Orange Crush”. The speedy times.   I mean, really.  Dah.  Any kinda trip.  This fella’s got to be tighter.  Sharper.  Short price?  You bet your dupa!   Others: 5 When I See You N; 2 Pecorino; 6 You Got Trumped.

Race Three:

8 LOVE TAP HANOVER turned in a solid mile in his last in this same company.  Although he finished 5th, his time – 1:51.1 – was excellent.  I believe, if he runs back to his last effort, he can win.  Victor Kirby’s in the bike for trainer Bruce Pelling.  Others: 1 Victory At Last; 2 Manattack; 6 Daylyn Horizon.

Race Four:

1 FIRST CLASS HORSE.  Is this guy coming up to a big race?  He’s tightened up with two starts under his belt.  He now has the services of “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick.  He draws the rail.  He’s dropping in class.  I’d be surprised if this fella isn’t right there at the wire.  Patti Harmon trains this Dragon Again-bred gelding.  Others: 7 Alotbettor; 3 Hug the Wind N; 6 Quality Bud.

Race Five:

6 SPEED AGAIN should be out and going when the wings retract.  Le Frelon Vert, Yannick Gingras, should be able to put this guy “on the engine.  It will then be up to the “Sorel Speedster” to ration out this horse’s speed.  Ron Burke trains.  Others: 3 Air Strike; 1 Uffizi; 4 FrankandJoanne.

Race Six:

3 SANTIAGO STYLE is my longshot play.  This guy ran an excellent race in this company last time; he finished 2nd to Quality Bud.  This fella now picks up the services of Jim Marohn, Jr.  Bob Bongiorno trains.  Look for this gelding to make one of his patented stretch runs.  Others: 4 Griffon Hanover; 9 JK Willpower; 2 Durant.

Race Seven:

1 HIGHALATOR.  As the “gumshoe” said to his partner, “It looks like ‘an inside job!’”.  Yes, I believe post positions: #1, #2 and #3 are filled with “live” horses.  In my opinion, Highalator is the key.  This Somebeachsomewher e-bred horse has been razor-sharp.  If he continues along those lines…?  “Buckeye,” Dave Miller, is in the sulky, for trainer/part-owner, Jenny Bier.  Others: 2 Western Joe; 3 Miso Fast; 7 Beyond Delight.

Race Eight:

7 BRIGADIERBRONSKI A ran into a buzz-saw in his last in the equine presence of Bruce’s Magic.  He did finish 2nd in his auspicious North American debut.  With that one under his belt… It’s “The Aussie Connection” of driver Andy McCarthy and trainer/owner Tahnee Cammelieri.  I look for this boy to be out and winging off the starter’s car.  There’s not too much speed “at the front of the store”.  Thus, this Aussie “shipper” may not have to exert himself too much to get to the front of the line.   Others: 4 Drunk on Your Love; 2 Pierce; 1 Mister Truth.

Race Nine:

Psst!  Keep this under your hat: 1 THIS IS THE PLAN.  This regally-bred 3-year old gelding had two measured qualifiers leading up to his 2018 “coming-out” party.  If, as they say, the past is prologue, this guy should be sitting on this.  I repeat, redundantly, I mean…this fella looks ready.  Do I hear 1:51?  Who’ll give me 1:50 and change?  “The Bionic Man” is in the bike for trainer Chris Ryder.  Fasten your seatbelts!  Others: 6 Odds On Delray; 7 Pepper Guy; 8 Rock On Line.

Race Ten:

2 MR EUROMAN MAN N, “The Kiwi” import, is my selection in the “Big M” finale.  It’s “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, for “the Crocodile Man,” trainer Ross Croghan.  This fella runs what I call an “even line”.  He tends to maintain his position around the racetrack, and then springs into action as the field reaches the top of the stretch.  If all goes according to Hoyle…?  Others: 3 Kings Barns; 9 Iwillmakeyousaywo w; 1 Joey Goodfellow.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

Re: Meadowlands: Saturday, April 28
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »
Broken timer? Nw3,500L5 really just got 1:20 to 3/4?

5starharnessracingpicks

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:11:48 PM »
It looked legit. Not sure what the horse was on though,lol

5starharnessracingpicks

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 09:56:16 PM »
Karma is a bitch, Miso Fast dead last tonight.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
Karma is a bitch, Miso Fast dead last tonight.

yea thats funny

raced him too hard down here

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Should have shipped up Bryce Fenn for a competent steer. Howdy Doody gave a no chance drive.

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
R10 29/129/1239/123479  9/12/12/3/4  9/2/3/1/4

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Ghost Pine 149.4!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 11:54:15 PM »
very sad ,fucking scum bag of racing

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 11:55:26 PM »
Watching Ghost Pine run off the screen in 149.4 is all you need to see to understand why this "sport" is dying fast. If that horse is clean, I'm a rocket scientist.
scum bag of racing ,and they dont try to catch him

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »
That horse has ability

Track was fast tonight even with the rain

Time is a bit deceiving
I don’t think this was too out of wack

I’ve seen much more suspicious

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »
He went faster than Bettors Edge who raced before the rain. These two don't belong in the same zip code with each other. IMO it was about as out of wack as can be.

The preferred there is dumb
Always goes slower than the other races
A walkathon
Paid qualifier

Anyways
Watch ghost pines races last year
He was a decent upper condition paved at harrah and whatnot
Hasn’t been on his game lately

And no way will he follow up this mile with another big one
But that mile last night took a lot out of him

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal